Golf

kplfishtank

took some boys up from my work today and managed to get a box of branded pro v1's for closest to the hole longest drive and stableford winner :)

played pretty shit 31 points but beat 30 and 28 points to win :) also took longest drive \o/

3 times today I hit ripping drives on par 4s and left myself a 54 wedge into the green... and took double bogey every time :| what the hell......

The times I drove it into the rough were the times I made par :/ but 88 isnt a disaster considering how bad I played

Shot an 80 (67) today.... was going good until 13 and the rain came down and shot a 7 in all the mayhem...... then finished with 5 pars :) current clubhouse leader in my division but theres no prize money for the optional medals :(

Most clubs have practice areas and practice putting greens, if you play medals you don't play with your mates (well you don't at my course) so you play with different guys majority of them are ok. Don't worry about playing poor in medals seen guys come in with 110 plus can't recommend it enough, get a handicap and then you have something to work towards.

Aye I'll definitely do it soon enough.

Starting to put more consistent shots together, just trying to put it together in one round. Going for a round today hopefully see more improvement.

Lessons paid off as did all the practicing after work or at weekends

Shot a 77 at the weekend (nett 64) and could have been lower had i not missed a couple of easy par putts on 10 and 18. Back 9 is the tougher half and i shot 37 (par 35).

Cleaned up in the pairs, stableford and best scratch.

£80 in vouchers for Pro shop on top of the £50 from the previous weeks member/guest at Largs where we finished 3rd.

Managed to sort out my slice by adjusting my grip, getting some great results, my driving is miles better and today hit around 280 yards of my tee shot a few times,

Just need to sort out my approach play and wedge shots, anybody know what videos on YouTube are best to get advice from ?

Managed to sort out my slice by adjusting my grip, getting some great results, my driving is miles better and today hit around 280 yards of my tee shot a few times,

Just need to sort out my approach play and wedge shots, anybody know what videos on YouTube are best to get advice from ?

Plenty of videos on YouTube got some great advice on here and short game is excellent the now.

Don't put it in the air if you don't have to. Chip and run can be done with a PW to a 7 iron depending on distance. Weight on front foot ball back of stance little swing just get judging your distance and pick a little landing spot for where you want to land.

Plenty of videos on YouTube got some great advice on here and short game is excellent the now.

Don't put it in the air if you don't have to. Chip and run can be done with a PW to a 7 iron depending on distance. Weight on front foot ball back of stance little swing just get judging your distance and pick a little landing spot for where you want to land.

I always seem to top the ball when pitching, so my stance is obviously all wrong,

will be another 2 weeks before I can practice as I'm off back to work today

I always seem to top the ball when pitching, so my stance is obviously all wrong,

will be another 2 weeks before I can practice as I'm off back to work today

For little chip and runs have a more narrow stance for more control.

Just walked off after 7 on a bounce game.

Fucking transgender guy playing with his mate. He played off the ladies tee and his mate off yellows. :lol: Brutal, two hours for 7 holes.

You sure you didn't walk off cause he/she kept asking for your help looking for their ball in the bush ? . Come to think of it does he/she still have their balls or bush ? Transgenders confuse the fuck out of me !!

You sure you didn't walk off cause he/she kept asking for your help looking for their ball in the bush ? . Come to think of it does he/she still have their balls or bush ? Transgenders confuse the fuck out of me !!

Honestly, they were in the trees every hole. My mate asked them if they'd dropped a head cover. Not a fucking clue what he was on about.

The fuckers saw us walking off then asked if we wanted to play through!! They could have let us through on the second hole as they were busy giving each other hawnies in the trees! :D

Hate ignorant cunts on the course that don't let you through.