Golf

kplfishtank

Played the Fullerton course at Troon municipal on Sunday, my least favourite Troon course usually, as it's so short.

Have to say though, it was in magnificent condition. Fairways, bar one hole, in great condition and the greens were like a snooker table.

Playing Lochgren or Darley on Sunday, which are usually better, so can't wait!

Played the Fullerton course at Troon municipal on Sunday, my least favourite Troon course usually, as it's so short.

Have to say though, it was in magnificent condition. Fairways, bar one hole, in great condition and the greens were like a snooker table.

Playing Lochgren or Darley on Sunday, which are usually better, so can't wait!

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago, Troon Municipal is in great nick. Greens are really top class, I've played in the US and Portugal and not seen much better.

Club championship round 1 on Saturday that's the round for the low score of the season. Then a couple of weeks on Saturday handicaps 0-12 are at Colvilles and the other half are at Wishaw not played it since last year but heard the greens are awful and slow the now.

We're looking at playing when we're over next month. I think we'll wait till we get over and book something.

I have played there before and better rates for booking on line. Would recommend orange county national as well.

Good morning Gentlemen

Looking to buy my boys some golf clubs, can anyone recommend a good store or an ideal set? They are 5 and 10

Would it also be useful to get them some lessons?

Not sure if they still do it but Costco used have good sets for juniors would recommend John Letters.

I wouldn't bother with lessons at that age maybe in a couple of years for your older one, just you tell them what to do. Not sure if you are a member of a club but some clubs do junior coaching during the summer for free so check local clubs see if they do. I would just let them enjoy it the now and put your older one into the classes if there is any during the summer as pros are very good with juniors.

Not sure if they still do it but Costco used have good sets for juniors would recommend John Letters.

I wouldn't bother with lessons at that age maybe in a couple of years for your older one, just you tell them what to do. Not sure if you are a member of a club but some clubs do junior coaching during the summer for free so check local clubs see if they do. I would just let them enjoy it the now and put your older one into the classes if there is any during the summer as pros are very good with juniors.

Cheers mate (tu)

Good morning Gentlemen

Looking to buy my boys some golf clubs, can anyone recommend a good store or an ideal set? They are 5 and 10

Would it also be useful to get them some lessons?

For good sets for juniors, the best are Callaway, Ping Moxie & Wilson staff.

Titleist , Mizuno & nike are not the best for catering to kids.

Playing wishaw a week on Saturday for the Brogan Trophy 12 and lower are at Colvilles and rest at Wishaw only played in a bounce game once there remember it a couple of short par 4s to start then a hard finish. Anyone played it recently. ?

Playing wishaw a week on Saturday for the Brogan Trophy 12 and lower are at Colvilles and rest at Wishaw only played in a bounce game once there remember it a couple of short par 4s to start then a hard finish. Anyone played it recently. ?

I was supposed to play it a couple of weeks ago but passed. My mates played, one walked off and another said it wasn't great. It was pissing down though.

I'm not a fan of it tbh.

First ever eagle today par 5 was under a tree about 100 yards away so done a little punch and run with a 7 iron to keep it low rolled up and in the hole :D

Smashing when that happens. I've pitched in twice this year from 100 yards for eagle on different holes.

Good score round there. Must have managed to keep clear of their bunkers.

southern dunes TT? yes went in two bunkers all day. Playing Saturday will get onto the blue tees currently set at 6800 yards. Will let you know how I get on.

Edit discovered 4th hole is a par 5 even from the white tees so actually scored 2 over on Tuesday.

Playing the Carrick tomorrow. Thank god for the recent dry spell because it is a nightmare when wet.

Stay outta the bunkers the sand is far too deep and heavy to hit proper bunker shots out when faced with a five foot high steep face. Pot luck hitting shots out of those.