Sporting CP sign Pedro Mendes

warden90

This is one deal we could have done without.

We have McCulloch, Thomson, Edu and Davis who can play CM. Take Davis out of the equation and we have very little creativity in the middle of the park. If Davis picks up an injury we are fucked! But hopefully it means that Davis will never have to play RW again.

I wish Pedro Mendes all the best. A decent signing who showed glimpses of real quality but too often he played on the periphary of the game. However, his goals will be remembered.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit gutted to see this guy go, but to be honest....he proved to be a bit of an enigma. FANTASTIC player on his day, but I just don't think he was suited to Scottish Football.

I really wish him all the best.....fantastic pro to have at the club.

Also, Pedro....thank you for giving us probably the best OF goal in a generation!!! :praise: :praise: :praise:

Best of luck wee guy!

We have McCulloch, Thomson, Edu and Davis who can play CM. Take Davis out of the equation and we have very little creativity in the middle of the park. If Davis picks up an injury we are fucked! But hopefully it means that Davis will never have to play RW again.

I wish Pedro Mendes all the best. A decent signing who showed glimpses of real quality but too often he played on the periphary of the game. However, his goals will be remembered.

Great point - without Davis we have zero creativity in midfield. Zero pace as well if McCulloch and Thomson team up. This is not good.

Great point - without Davis we have zero creativity in midfield. Zero pace as well if McCulloch and Thomson team up. This is not good.

Especially if Beasley and Novo aren't fit, I think most here agree Davis in CM is better than Mendes and with the other 3 cleaning up it would be strong, but hopefully Edu will really start to come onto a game, and McCulloch's on pretty good form atm. Plus, anyone seen much of Gregg Wylde, apparently he's got good pace?

I wonder if he would have stayed if given any hope of getting a regular game. With McCulloch guaranteed to be the first name on the teamsheet there is no certainty that Pedro would get much game time prior to the world cup.

Shame that brawn over brain is the philosophy.

Especially if Beasley and Novo aren't fit, I think most here agree Davis in CM is better than Mendes and with the other 3 cleaning up it would be strong, but hopefully Edu will really start to come onto a game, and McCulloch's on pretty good form atm. Plus, anyone seen much of Gregg Wylde, apparently he's got good pace?

From the times I've seen some of Wylde's play I think he should get more game time and actually start games, to me is was his play which got us the equaliser against Hearts, I'm sure he went on a wee run, did a decent pass to McCulloch whose shot was saved and Little was in the right place to stick it in the net.

I wonder if he would have stayed if given any hope of getting a regular game. With McCulloch guaranteed to be the first name on the teamsheet there is no certainty that Pedro would get much game time prior to the world cup.

Shame that brawn over brain is the philosophy.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

hahaha no way, he will defo stay in the premiership...

Terrible news :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

As mentioned previously Davis will have to be wrapped in cotton wool now. We must get someone in now that can play in the first team if required.

I'm a bit disappointed in this, I feel the fee would have been bigger had Mendes not been out injured for so long- it also severely limits the creativity in the side

Good luck to big Pedro, on his day one of the best players in Scotland, and a guy that popped up with some huge goals last season.

McCulloch said: "If Pedro does go, I think we would miss him because he is a fantastic player.

"He's a flair player and he sees a pass. He's a great guy to have about the dressing room so if he does go, it'll be a shame to say goodbye to him."

McCulloch, meanwhile, dismissed claims the title race is over after Rangers moved 10 points clear of Celtic on Wednesday night.

While they have played a game more than their Old Firm rivals, they are certainly in a good position.

But with 16 league games still to play, McCulloch maintains it will be a while before anything is settled.

Lee McCulloch in action against Hamilton Accies at IbroxHe added: "We're doing well but I certainly wouldn't say everything is finished just yet and there's a lot of football still to be played.

"All we have at the moment is a good advantage and I don't see it as being any more than that.

"Celtic have made a good few signings now while Hibs and Dundee United have done well this season.

"Yes, there's a good gap there but it can be easily pegged back and we could find ourselves level on points again if we are not careful.

"From that point of view, we're not getting carried away. We have not won anything yet but hopefully we will have by the end of the season.

"Celtic have brought people in and are looking to get better so it would be silly of us to rule out a big title challenge from them over the next few months."

McCulloch On Mendes and Title Race on the Rangers website :: http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100129...2254024_1949134

I`m a bit worried by this deal, but if Davis gets injured(i fuckin hope not) it will be Fleck who will fit his place in the middle imo. And i`m ok with that (tu)

Once again - thanks for everything Pedro Mendes, you`ll be well remembered :praise:

I seen that Smith has said that we are well covered in that area, but I think this puts massive pressure on Davis to find a cconsistancy that he has lacked since he came here.

We might be well covered in that area, but Davis aside, there isn't any real creativity now. And that's a worry.

I seen that Smith has said that we are well covered in that area, but I think this puts massive pressure on Davis to find a cconsistancy that he has lacked since he came here.

We might be well covered in that area, but Davis aside, there isn't any real creativity now. And that's a worry.

thats what wingers are for when ye have 2 ball playing centre mids like us

hopefully we can get 1 or 2 real wide men in

were crying out for creativity and skill from the flanks

(tu)