***The Official Rangers v St. Mirren Thread***

Muff

Did McGregor play the first game? I think he did so I'd imagine he's start.

Broadfoot needs game time so I'd rest Whittaker. Smith has started to look pretty decent so this should be another chance for him.

Thomson needs game time so no point in resting him, same with Beasley. Great to have Fleck back and Lafferty deserves a start. Boyd needs more games too.

Walter doesn't like to play about with the centre of defence too much, even for cup games, which I can see some merit in. Wilson did struggle a little with the threat of Higdon and Memhet so I'm not too bothered if Weir plays.

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Smith

Beasley Davis Thomson Fleck

Lafferty Boyd

:alexander:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :ssmith:

:beasley: :edu: :thomson: :fleck:

:Naismith::lafferty:

Although St Mirren gave us a wee scare last time I doubt they can sustain it, therefore I'd rest a few of our better, more important players. I'd leave the centre of defence alone though, unless Bougherra really needs a rest. Luckily we have a great deputy in Wilson. :)

Obviously the likes of Boyd, McCulloch and Davis would be on the bench in case of emergencies.

If Walter does rest some first team players, I hope he gives a run out to some of the young boys and I hope the fans ar ok with this and what ever the result is, but my main point is if Walter starts Naismith, wich I am sure he will, I hope our manager watches him closely and if he flops again like he did against Motherwell I hope Walter will realise that he is not a starting 11 player, no matter what position he plays

If Walter does rest some first team players, I hope he gives a run out to some of the young boys and I hope the fans ar ok with this and what ever the result is, but my main point is if Walter starts Naismith, wich I am sure he will, I hope our manager watches him closely and if he flops again like he did against Motherwell I hope Walter will realise that he is not a starting 11 player, no matter what position he plays

I agree totally, he really needs to start making an impression in games like these. If he doesn't do it soon I think he'll be moved on in the summer, providing anyone else wants him.

:alexander:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :wilson: :papac:

:Naismith: :edu: :davis: :beasley:

:fleck: :boyd:

Need to utilise the squad and give certain players some game time.

We do have to be careful, however, as this wont be an easy game and we can't be complacent.

We need to get up some steam ahead of the OF game, if we play like we did against Hibs this game should be fairly straightforward.

Its VITAL that we dont underestimate St Mirren though, i anticipate a comfortable 2-0 win.