No Wilson or Fleck in Scotland under-21 squad to face Azerbaijan

strar8

A few other players are missing from that U 21's squad.

Could David Gray also be taking a step up :unsure:

Please forgive me if i seem a little stange in sayng this but no way,

Maybe a long shot, but I wouldn't be so quick to rule out any Man Utd youngster making the step up with us.

Arfield should be in the full squad now.

He's a really talented player who can fill in in a number of positions.

Every Falkirk fan I know (which is a bit since i'm from there!) doesn't rate him at all, but anytime he's played us he stands out as their best player.

Really knows how to drag defenders around to me. Seemed especially capable the last game at Ibrox there when he was playing as a central mid. So many times if the quality had been better from the other players he was in prime position!

I read somewhere that Levein is supposed to be picking a larger than normal squad to let some of the less-established players get the chance to be part of the first team. Don't know if that would include the likes of Wilson, Fleck and Gray though.

Its a bit odd this one. Unless Wilson aint in the full squad how can Billy Stark justify picking Ross Perry infront of him in the under 21's???

The under 21s squads are usually very similar when announced, Stark seems to almost be trying to build a club mentality there. Also i'd rather Ross Perry was in there ahead of Wilson and getting game time, if possible, at a more competitive level than bounce games as it will only benefit us in the future.

Its a bit odd this one. Unless Wilson aint in the full squad how can Billy Stark justify picking Ross Perry infront of him in the under 21's???

The under 21s squads are usually very similar when announced, Stark seems to almost be trying to build a club mentality there. Also i'd rather Ross Perry was in there ahead of Wilson and getting game time, if possible, at a more competitive level than bounce games as it will only benefit us in the future.

Is Ross Perry not getting competitive games just now, on loan at Oxford?

Is Ross Perry not getting competitive games just now, on loan at Oxford?

Think he was only on loan til January mate.

Wilson's in

DANNY WILSON has received a late call-up to Billy Stark's under-21 squad for the European Championships qualifier against Azerbaijan on March 2.

The 18-year-old is one of five Rangers players to be selected for this important match and he joins goalkeeper Scott Gallacher, defender Ross Perry, Danny Wilson and David Weirmidfielder Andrew Shinnie and striker Rory Loy for the first time at this level.

The match goes ahead at the Falkirk Stadium with a 7.30pm kick-off when the young Scots will aim to climb to the top of their quaifying group against a side which has yet to collect a point in five matches so far.

Scotland are halfway through their campaign to reach the Finals in Denmark next year and will go two points clear of Austria at the top if they beat Azerbaijan.

The full squad is:

Goalkeepers

Jamie Barclay (Falkirk on loan to East Stirlingshire)

Scott Gallacher (Rangers)

Alan Martin (Leeds United)

Defenders

Paul Caddis (Celtic)

Brian Easton (Burnley on loan to Hamilton Academical)

Paul Hanlon (Hibernian)

Chris Mitchell (Falkirk on loan to Ayr United)

Ross Perry (Rangers)

Thomas Scobbie (Falkirk)

Danny Wilson (Rangers)

Midfielders

Scott Arfield (Falkirk)

Paul Coutts (Preston North End)

Murray Davidson (St Johnstone)

Kevin McDonald (Burnley)

Stephen McGinn (Watford)

Andrew Shinnie (Rangers on loan to Dundee)

David Wotherspoon (Hibernian)

Forwards

David Goodwillie (Dundee United)

Leigh Griffiths (Dundee)

Rory Loy (Rangers on loan to St. Mirren)

Chris Maguire (Aberdeen on loan to Kilmarnock)

Jamie Murphy (Motherwell)

Aye, I would probably have that too, I just thought he was a bit similar frame/build to Griffiths so put a taller striker in there but I think its definitely between them and Maguire to see who partners Leigh... I just looked and Leigh is actually taller than the both of them :lol: