• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1 - When does McGregor's contract

run out? Not the summer (correct me if I'm wrong), so whether he

signs an extension or not he doesn't have to leave then.

This is about Boyd! What has mcgregor got to do with this??? Too early?

2 - Turn your mobile on. Every man and his dog knows the official news is that McGregor has been sacked by Rangers for being a convicted rapist. All official Rangers news will be released by viral text from now on (tu)

:lol:doh

Obviously is too early! I've read so many McGregor threads I must have thought this was about him as well! doh:blush:

That is brilliant. :lol: Poor Bluepeter it is getting too much for you. :sherlock:

Naw BP is right, Greegs, Boydie, Boydie, Greegs and awe this pish round about the Rangers scum geme. The sun even hid an article aboot The Goalie and his son, demonising him of course. The pressure is on the clatty mhob and this is what all this misinformation is all about so lets just bury the rhats on Sunday and shut them the fcuk up. ! :sherlock:

Kris Boyd stalls on new deal amid fears over future of Rangers

Kris Boyd admitted yesterday that “a cloud hanging over Rangers” was holding him back from committing to the new contract that the club has offered him.

Boyd, who is out of contract at Ibrox in four months’ time, said in an interview with The Times that, having spoken with his agent, his father, and even with Walter Smith, his manager, he was no nearer to knowing if he would sign a new long-term deal with the Scottish champions.

If Boyd does leave Rangers then the favourites to land him remain Alex McLeish and Birmingham City, who could sign him for nothing in June. The striker confirmed that the current mess at Ibrox made leaving a distinct possibility.

“I love Rangers and I want stay here, but there is this cloud hanging over the club, which makes everything uncertain,” Boyd said. “My hope is still that I will be in a Rangers jersey for years to come, but I have to say the club just doesn’t feel secure at the moment".

“People say to me, ‘Kris, just go and sign’, but it’s not as easy as that. There is uncertainty at Ibrox, and I don’t want to be boxed into a corner where, if it turns out that other players have to leave, then I’m the guy left in a situation where the club can’t go on to the next level. As much as I want to stay, I wouldn’t stay at Rangers in that type of situation.

“The deal needs to be right for me. I want the club to feel more secure.”

Boyd admitted that the uncertainty over the financing of Rangers, and the question of a future owner, was now permeating all aspects off the field, despite the club going so well on it.

Indeed, the striker acknowledged that his club manager was in an almost identical situation to himself. “I don’t even know who the manager of the club is going to be next season, and I’ve already had three managers in my time at Rangers,” Boyd added. “I keep saying I want to be a part of Rangers’ future — but only if the club can move forward.

“In one way the most important thing for the club is to sort out the manager first. The players will be sorted in time, but the manager is the most important figure. I think you need someone like Walter Smith there — a leader, a winner — if the club is to move forward.

“I’ve had my fall-outs with the manager in the past but there is no doubting what Walter has done for me and for Rangers. You just want it all to be sorted but, because of all the uncertainty, no one knows what is going to happen next season. And you can’t commit yourself in that type of situation.”

Boyd rejected the claim that, if he does leave Rangers for the Barclays Premier League in the summer, it will be because of money. By general consent the striker could earn 75 per cent above the £18,000-a-week he will get at Ibrox if he moves to England.

“I’m not money-orientated — that’s not the issue,” Boyd said. “So long as I’m playing every week and scoring goals, that is important, and I will reap the rewards. But there comes a time when you need to look at everything very carefully.

“I will have a decision to make. I don’t want to get into figures, but I won’t be moving away from Rangers for just a couple of pounds a week more. Why would I want to do that — uproot everybody to move away? No thanks.”

Rangers plan to have a further meeting with the striker next week to see if any resolution of his situation can be reached.

Boyd himself admits that there has to be closure of the matter some time soon, and that he doesn’t want to drift into May or June still not knowing where his future lies.

“I know it will have to be settled one way or another,” he said. “I certainly don’t want to be going away on my summer holiday not knowing where my job will take me. So I hope I will be able to sit down soon, with the people that matter to me, and get it sorted.

“The thing that I have in my head is, ‘Where are Rangers going?’ Will the club be able next season to go to the next level? In one way I’ve got everything here — championships, trophies, the Champions League — but what is it going to be like in the future? There are a lot of questions that can’t be answered just now.

“A big issue in my head is that I want to be a success at Rangers. But there is a worry that, with the club in the state that it is in, that might not be possible.

“In an ideal world, I’ll say it again, any discussion about a contract would mean me staying at Rangers. But right now I don’t know if that will be possible.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7042276.ece

**Note -- can't get the formatting buttons to work (if someone wants to fix this !!)***

----- 0000 -----

As taken Times Online, which is where Clyde 1 picked the story from.

Some quotes! Yaaay.

Put in a realistic 'minimum fee' clause, and he won't be boxed in regardless of our situation ;)

The offer is there and if he wants to sign it, he can. We need stability at the club over the next 2-3 years, not someone bailing out if we start to struggle.

Kris Boyd: Cloud hanging over Rangers could lead to me leaving Ibrox

KRIS BOYD admits the uncertainty surrounding Rangers could prevent him signing a new contract with the SPL leaders.

The league's all-time top scorer made the revelation on the eve of Sunday's Old Firm match which could go a long way to clinching Rangers their second successive title.

The Light Blues are leading Old Firm rivals Celtic at the top of the SPL by seven points and have a game in hand ahead of their meeting at Ibrox on Sunday.

However, the cash-strapped Glasgow club are looking for a new owner, and amid the uncertainty manager Walter Smith and his backroom staff are working without contracts.

Boyd has been offered an extension to his current deal which runs out in four months' time but the 26-year-old striker will continue to monitor developments at the club.

"I love Rangers and I want to stay here, but there is a cloud hanging over the club which makes everything uncertain," he said.

"My hope is still that I will be in a Rangers jersey for years to come, but I have to say the club just doesn't feel secure at the moment."

Boyd has struck up a lethal partnership with Kenny Miller which has fired the Ibrox club into a dominant position at the top of the SPL.

But he is anxious not to rush into extending his Ibrox stay when there's no certainty his team mates will follow suit.

He added: "There is uncertainty at Ibrox, and I don't want to be boxed in to a corner where, if it turns out that other players have to leave, then I'm the guy left in a situation where the club can't go on to the next level."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2010/02/26/kris-boyd-cloud-hanging-over-rangers-could-lead-to-me-leaving-ibrox-86908-22071261/

Same thing is getting said in the DR.

I'm actually sick of all these excuses why he is stalling on signing a new contract, you either want to stay or you don't!

Best thing he should do at the moment is keep his head down, and stop talking about his contract situation.

KRIS BOYD admits the uncertainty surrounding Rangers could prevent him signing a new contract with the SPL leaders.

The league's all-time top scorer made the revelation on the eve of Sunday's Old Firm match which could go a long way to clinching Rangers their second successive title.

The Light Blues are leading Old Firm rivals Celtic at the top of the SPL by seven points and have a game in hand ahead of their meeting at Ibrox on Sunday.

However, the cash-strapped Glasgow club are looking for a new owner, and amid the uncertainty manager Walter Smith and his backroom staff are working without contracts.

Boyd has been offered an extension to his current deal which runs out in four months' time but the 26-year-old striker will continue to monitor developments at the club.

"I love Rangers and I want to stay here, but there is a cloud hanging over the club which makes everything uncertain," he said.

"My hope is still that I will be in a Rangers jersey for years to come, but I have to say the club just doesn't feel secure at the moment."

Boyd has struck up a lethal partnership with Kenny Miller which has fired the Ibrox club into a dominant position at the top of the SPL.

But he is anxious not to rush into extending his Ibrox stay when there's no certainty his team mates will follow suit.

He added: "There is uncertainty at Ibrox, and I don't want to be boxed in to a corner where, if it turns out that other players have to leave, then I'm the guy left in a situation where the club can't go on to the next level."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2010/02/26/kris-boyd-cloud-hanging-over-rangers-could-lead-to-me-leaving-ibrox-86908-22071261/

I'm actually sick of all these excuses why he is stalling on signing a new contract, you either want to stay or you don't!

Best thing he should do at the moment is keep his head down, and stop talking about his contract situation.

but then it must be hard if everyone is harassing him about it

but then it must be hard if everyone is harassing him about it

Other players manage it alright all around Europe.

If he directed the club and his agent to help out on the situation and kept away from media limelight, it would be a welcomed change at this crucial period.

They are no need for him to add fuel everytime with a different excuse, let somebody else take the burden of answering questions and let him concentrate on playing football.

It's understandable that the situation at the club might put him off from signing- but it's not really something you want to read a couple of days before a massive game

Exactly, we know the situation. Boyd doesn't need to add anything else to this saga.

The only other thing we want to hear... Is a final decision either way, not another excuse on him stalling.

It's understandable that the situation at the club might put him off from signing- but it's not really something you want to read a couple of days before a massive game

Exactly, we know the situation. Boyd doesn't need to add anything else to this saga.

The only other thing we want to hear... Is a final decision either way, not another excuse on him stalling.

I think it would make a ton of sense to just come out and say 'I'm not talking about my contract until the end of the season'- that way he can just concentrate on the most important thing right now, helping us win a treble

I think it would make a ton of sense to just come out and say 'I'm not talking about my contract until the end of the season'- that way he can just concentrate on the most important thing right now, helping us win a treble

(tu)

This has confirmed my doubts about him staying now. The clubs financial state is not going to get any better in the next year, never mind 4 months. He wont be doing us any favours by going. He obviously doesnt see any point in staying at the club as we are. Difficult to see what is going to change between now and the summer.

Cheers Kris, enjoy Birmingham.

My only opinion is either you want to play for Rangers or you don't.

Nothing else should come into it. He'll still be playing for three trophies every year and getting paid his £20k regardless of what state we're in.

Personally, if he was going to stay I think he'd have signed by now.

Bottom line for me is money and the rest is just PR between Boyd and the club. If Boyd was going to sign he wouldve done so by now for me, Im sure he would stay for 25k per week and a 4 or 5 year deal, but he isnt worth it for me and i think the club may feel the same as they have offered him what they think he is worth, McLeish seems to want him at Brum and if he isnt going to have to pay a fee then he will be able to offer him 30-35k per week easily for 4 or 5 years plus a huge signing on fee, so it s a no brainer imo, more money, better league and set up for the rest of his life and i think he has agreed the deal verbally with McLeish and he will go in the summer.