In hindsight would you re-sign

markybear

Yes or no  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Wud u re-sign k miller looking back in hindsight?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted No.

I am utterly amazed but delighted that he has scored as many goals this season as he has, but overall I would not have signed him, as he is a poor footballer with a dreadful first touch, poor finishing, goes through long spells of really poor form, and for the money we spent £2M+ and £20Kpw I would have thought we could have bought a lot better. (although compared to Lafferty he has been good value!!)

However, his second season has been a huge improvement on his poor first season, and his partnership with Boyd has made both of them into better players, but we could not have known that would work when we signed him. Perhaps his third season will be the one to decide if he can be viewed as a success or not overall, as that is one poor season and one good one.

Games like last night, without Boyd beside him, showed him up again for the inconsistent bumbling idiot that he frequently looks like, and leading the line alone, he is as much use as a Celtic Champions 2010 t-shirt, especially in Europe.

The clamour for him to be seen as a great player by those who wanted us to sign him, or backed the manager's decision once he was signed, has never relented, but that alone does not make him a good player, it is his consistent performances that will do that one way or the other.

At the end of last season, I think he had many, many more bad games than good, and if it were up to me I would have sacked him after his performance in Kaunas, which still remains the worst individual performance I have seen from a Ranger in Europe, and overall was marked down as inconsistent and should have done better.

As this season draws to a close, overall I would say he has had a good season, the big difference being his goals tally is where it should be given the amount of games and chances he is given, but he still has many poor qualities to his game that have not improved, first touch, control, and staying onside being the most glaring.

Let's see how he goes next season, especially in Europe where his record is dreadful, and if he gets a new strike partner he will need to step it up a gear or two, as without Boyd's goals, he will be even more vital to the team, and wont be able to get away with as many poor games as he has done for 2 seasons.

Having been through it all with the Mo Jo signing this was small beans by comparison. I knew what we were getting with Miller and he was exactly what we needed to partner Boyd. If he was putting those performances in, in the EPL he would be worth £10M+ IMO. I wasnt over the moon by his signing, but I trusted Walter. Im prepared to admit he knows more about managing Rangers than I do.

Voted No.

I am utterly amazed but delighted that he has scored as many goals this season as he has, but overall I would not have signed him, as he is a poor footballer with a dreadful first touch, poor finishing, goes through long spells of really poor form, and for the money we spent £2M+ and £20Kpw I would have thought we could have bought a lot better. (although compared to Lafferty he has been good value!!)

However, his second season has been a huge improvement on his poor first season, and his partnership with Boyd has made both of them into better players, but we could not have known that would work when we signed him. Perhaps his third season will be the one to decide if he can be viewed as a success or not overall, as that is one poor season and one good one.

Games like last night, without Boyd beside him, showed him up again for the inconsistent bumbling idiot that he frequently looks like, and leading the line alone, he is as much use as a Celtic Champions 2010 t-shirt, especially in Europe.

The clamour for him to be seen as a great player by those who wanted us to sign him, or backed the manager's decision once he was signed, has never relented, but that alone does not make him a good player, it is his consistent performances that will do that one way or the other.

At the end of last season, I think he had many, many more bad games than good, and if it were up to me I would have sacked him after his performance in Kaunas, which still remains the worst individual performance I have seen from a Ranger in Europe, and overall was marked down as inconsistent and should have done better.

As this season draws to a close, overall I would say he has had a good season, the big difference being his goals tally is where it should be given the amount of games and chances he is given, but he still has many poor qualities to his game that have not improved, first touch, control, and staying onside being the most glaring.

Let's see how he goes next season, especially in Europe where his record is dreadful, and if he gets a new strike partner he will need to step it up a gear or two, as without Boyd's goals, he will be even more vital to the team, and wont be able to get away with as many poor games as he has done for 2 seasons.

No way his first season could be described as poor.... :lol: his goals and assists were a good return. this seasons we have seen an excellent return. He's not a poor footballer, you don't get regularly selected and score goals for rangers, in the premiership and at international level if you are a poor player.

As for last night he scored, hardling the bumbling idiot you describe for the rest of the ganme either.

As for Kauaus.. was it a worse performance , for example, than gazza v borussia dortmand in the game he got sent off and bumbled his way around the pitch for the rest of the game looking half pished. Lets not over the egg the pie here. It was a bad game from all of them not just kenny miller.

We all know why the critque of him is so harsh but what i hate is when people attempt to pass it off as reasoned opinion......

Because i don't like him and i only picture him wearing the filthy thing.

This seems to me a kind of psychosis.

What you trying to say.?

Like from what the defintion of psychosis means making something up i'd love to know what im making up.?

Or it could mean not in touch with reality.?

Are you trying to say he never played for the scum.?

From what i see your one.

The inability to see anything but the worst in people. I choose to see the player who delights in scoring goals for the team he plays for, because that team happens to be us, even if it used to be Hibs, Wolves or, yes, Celtic. You are incapable of seeing anything other than the fact he played for the scum. You're clearly a negative, hate-filled person. I happen to love Rangers more than I hate Celtic, so when a player scores for us, I don't hold his past against him.

I must admit i hate him for being a shitic player, and what's wrong with that.

And i also hate him because i think he is shite and he has no first touch and plays Rugby for most of the game.

And as for loving Rangers more than hating shitic what you on about make sence FFS, that's the most negative thing i have ever read.

Now as far as i know shitic hate us we hate them that's all part of supporting a team in old firm if you don't agree then your the one that dosn't love Rangers.

It made perfect sense. I do hate Celtic. I've hated them all my life. I just love Rangers more, and as long as Kenny Miller scores for this club, and delights in doing so, I will not hold his past against him. Life's too short to put the effort into being pissed off all the time. When Kenny Miller put two goals past Artur Boruc TWICE, I was too busy jumping about and cheering and being happy to be bothering about thinking "fuck Kenny Miller, I'm cheering for Rangers, not him". It's your prerogative if your grudges are more important to you than the team. I think it's a damn shame.

I didn't want Kenny Miller signed in the first place but he has turned out to be a very good signing.

At times he is excellent and other times he has been awful but this season he has been very consistent and chipped in with 19 goals as well as a few assists.

Money well spent IMO.

I think we all know what the reasons are for the people who voted 'no'

Cause we're big nasty bigots (tu)

Hating your rivals and everything concerned with them ? Whatever next.

hmmmm

Apparantly more than you love your own club

An awfully cliché response.

Without actually knowing me I would love to know how you came this conclusion ?

Because i don't like him and i only picture him wearing the filthy thing.

That's pretty sad. All those gret moments he's had since he's come back, and you can only see that.

It's actually "like those regret moments" seriously yous boys that don't see that hes shite, and don't see him wearing that filthy thing would need to get a reality check.