Rangers linked with various players...

fraser77

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that accolade could be given to Neil who is a far better player but no one would suggest buying him.(maybe because he is not regarded as a bluenose)

I was just about to post the same. Alex Neil has been the major influence on Hamilton this season. He has been a standout any time I have seen him.

I'm not saying that I would like us to sign him, but for anyone to suggest that James McArthur has single-handedly dragged Hamilton up the table this season is preposterous.

i would take both. Been wanting us to sign goodwillie for a while now, everybody seems to be getting my hopes up :(.

I know mate , I hope we do get him , especially as me and you always talk about him :lol:

Back to work :ph34r:

He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox

Hes almost single handedly dragging Hamilton up the table

FFs ive seen it all now

What do you mean by that?

Mcarthur has dragged hamilton up the table himself??? ffs

MARCH 2010

Sat 6

ABERDEEN

1-1

F Paixao

Sat 13

ST MIRREN

1-0

F Paixao

Sat 20

FALKIRK

2-2

Curier, Mensing (pen)

Wed 24

at Kilmarnock

2-1

Curier, Mensing

Sat 27

ST JOHNSTONE

1-0

Wesolowski

APRIL 2010

Sat 3

at Rangers

0-1

-

Sat 10

HIBERNIAN

4-1

Mensing 2 (pens), Thomas 2

Sat 17

KILMARNOCK

3-0

Imrie, F Paixao, Thomas

Since march Accies have lost once and that was to us, its hardly Mcarthur has dragged them up himself is it

Just because he hasn't scored it doesn't mean he hasn't played a part in it..

Nobody said that and in no way did i even suggest as he had only scored 1 goal in 35 games that was anything to do with it. Hamilton are by SPL standards on a great run so i posted there results and with guys like mensing curier and neil playing well, there is no way anyone can say its been Mcarthur himself who has dragged hamilton up the leauge. Stop making things up mate and if it wasnt aimed at my post i apologise

Nobody said that and in no way did i even suggest as he had only scored 1 goal in 35 games that was anything to do with it. Hamilton are by SPL standards on a great run so i posted there results and with guys like mensing curier and neil playing well, there is no way anyone can say its been Mcarthur himself who has dragged hamilton up the leauge. Stop making things up mate and if it wasnt aimed at my post i apologise

I think it was aimed at your post, as you posted a list of scorelines as some sort of evidence

I'd have no problem replacing Boyd and Novo with Conway and Miller.

More young players in the squad while Nacho and Kris are looking more and more like deadwood as this season goes on.

It's a sensible move if it turns out to be true. Goodwillie might not score as many as Boyd (he may well do), but his effort, pace and all-round better game will provide more goals for others.

More young players in the squad while Nacho and Kris are looking more and more like deadwood as this season goes on.

It's a sensible move if it turns out to be true. Goodwillie might not score as many as Boyd (he may well do), but his effort, pace and all-round better game will provide more goals for others.

Miller? :sherlock:

I think it was aimed at your post, as you posted a list of scorelines as some sort of evidence

I posted a list of scores to show Hamilton as a TEAM have been on a great run and not 1 player has single handedly dragged them up through the leauge. I dont see whats wrong with that? As Alex Neil is the 1 who is always singled out for praise from BR and the Accies fans id assume he would be just as good a signing as mcarthur, even though i dont want any of them at Ibrox.

The same guy that's scored the same amount of goals from open play as Kris Boyd? :pipe:

The same guy that's scored the same amount of goals from open play as Kris Boyd? :pipe:

doh

Just ignore me, I thought you meant Goodwillie instead of Miller.

I have no doubt that we could get better value for money outwith Britain, but we seem pretty limited in that respect.

I now expect the cries of 'give us some names then!', but I'm not being paid to scout for Rangers.

I love that one, good to see the old favourite making a return, its been a while :beer1:

It may well be true, but again, only if we have others who will actually put it away, and, in fairness, we never seem to. The fact that Miller is having the season of his life isnt something I can rely on at this stage. Definately not complaining about Goodwillie (apart from his name makes me chuckle!) and Conway, but, the impotece should be in finding pacy, wider players, then, we can look forward to months like December being the norm, not the exception.

I just don't see rangers as a good team to come to if you're a young up and coming player. I think it would be better to go the championship team than go to rangers where, under smith, youth rarely gets a chance and players are ahead of you in the pecking order because they cost more or are the managers favourites.

Goodwillie yes , Conway no

I think we should use Wylde at LW , but we'll have to see what smith does ,

I can see Wylde being developed to be a left defender where he started from rather than a left winger.

I know where your coming from but if he was to play LW then we'd have him and Papac , both players can get forward but both of them can get back as well , sort of like Whittaker at RM if you get me

Without going into the perceived qualities of the player, but Dundee United are pretty skint and there was some discussion they might have been the team meant when the article about the SPL last week mentioned one or two teams close to going to the wall. If Conway only has a year left on his contract then Rangers should be able to get him for a reasonable price.