Rangers linked with various players...

fraser77

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well their all raving about him down there dont think he is quite up to our standard just yet but i see where walter is coming from by the way he is looking for young scottish players due to our minimal budget

Much as I cant stand the baldy bastard, he's probably got a point. Why should they sell him to us for 750k when a championship club could easily step in with 1.5-2m. I doubt we will sign him & TBH I'm not that bothered. He has had a decent season but he's not as good as Naismith was when we signed him & thats not really worked out IMO.

Hes not very good and is probably at the level he will peak at. Apparently a wee ned also, we hardly need a piss head prima donna with assualt charges. If hes the best young player in Scotland then we have issues.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Hes not very good and is probably at the level he will peak at. Apparently a wee ned also, we hardly need a piss head prima donna with assualt charges. If hes the best young player in Scotland then we have issues.

Why would a striker beat at his peak at the age of 21?

He could improve a lot if he joined us, and I hope he does.

I just don't think hes much special. Plus his a wee ned, his attitude will be his downfall. And with Fleck apparently fancying himself abit as a man about town then the last thing he needs is a drinking buddy to get him into fights.

I just don't think hes much special. Plus his a wee ned, his attitude will be his downfall. And with Fleck apparently fancying himself abit as a man about town then the last thing he needs is a drinking buddy to get him into fights.

What because he holds his weight for his height ? nonsense, hes not at the peak of his game, as somewhere else stated earlier boyd's stats at killie were no where near how good he has been here. and thats because hes playing in a better team. so im sure goodwillie would benefit from that too, and hes also a big gers fan, and im sure if walter told him do to something he would listen, i see no reason why his attitude wouldnt see him come here.

It's interesting to read all the differing opinions about Goodwillie because we don't see Dundee Utd. very often in Oz, unless they play in a cup final or against the O.F.

From what I have seen of him though, he hasn't impressed me too much to the point where I would pay a 7 figure fee for him, especially in our current financial position where we can't afford the luxury of paying millions in the hope he will turn out good enough for Rangers.

I can understand what game Thompson is playing here because he knows that Goodwillie will not stay at Tannadice if bigger clubs come sniffing around and because Goodwillie is apparently on a long term contract there is no chance of him running it down and leaving on a Bosman.

This leaves Thompson free to stir interest up amongst other clubs and start a bidding war to enable Dundee Utd. to cash in for as much as they can get for the player, which of course is what Thompson is entitled to do because his 1st and only concern is what benefits his bank account.

I personally don't think we should play that game because surely we should have young guys at Ibrox who are as promising as Goodwillie, which would allow us to invest any transfer money available to buy an experienced player that will be a 1st choice selection and not somebody that could end up in the same bracket as Naismith,Broadfoot,Burke, Adam,Smith, to name but a few.

If he is that good then maybe he would be a better bet than spending the silly money that has been quoted on Goodwillie.I'd be interested to hear what our fans who see Goodwillie a lot more than us in Australia think of that idea.

really good player, remember playing fives with him a few year ago and no one could get near him!

Generaly happens with all professional players. Play against young chris craig and hes the same. It dosent make him a world beater

really good player, remember playing fives with him a few year ago and no one could get near him!

You'll find that with most players who play at a decent level, my mate is a centre half for hamilton reserves and nobody can get near him when we play.

Hands off our striker

Dundee United today told Rangers — you can’t afford David Goodwillie (writes Tom Duthie).

Word from the west is the Ibrox men would like to add the Clydesdale Bank Young Player of the Year to their squad for next season.

But, given the current much-publicised financial climate at Ibrox, the chances of the Under-21 international heading for Govan this summer are zero.

Tannadice chairman Stephen Thompson made that clear when he reacted to the news and the fact it had been suggested Goodwillie could be sold for as little as £750,000.

“We have had absolutely no contact from Rangers about David Goodwillie or any other player, that’s the first thing I would say,” he said.

“Regarding the money being talked about, any club bidding that amount would be wasting their time, because it would take a lot more than that to make us give a bid serious consideration.

“If that is all someone could offer they should not bother, though I would stress the player is on a long-term contract and our wish is to keep him at Dundee United.”

While United are aware the striker has his admirers at Rangers, the lack of cash there has left them bemused by this transfer talk.

For two seasons now, Walter Smith has been unable to sign first-team players and, with a debt of almost £30 million, there has been no indication that situation is about to change.

And while, like every club, United are also battling harsh economic conditions, finishing third in the SPL and reaching the Scottish Cup Final means there is no need for a fire sale.

That means any offers for top Tangerine stars will have to run well into seven figures before any business is done.

And if Rangers could fork out £3 million for Kyle Lafferty just two years ago, some may argue Goodwillie is worth a lot more.

Dundee Local Paper - http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2010/04/21/story14919984t0.shtm

Sorry If Repost :)

And for all those who think we get good fees for our players, or, "its about how much someone is willing to pay", right there is exactly what should happen. You put an "unrealistic" price on players, or, as with this one, state that you cant afford him.

from what i have heard Webster would be part of the deal , most likely shite tbh but there may be some truth in it , as we currently still have Wilson,weir,boogie and Perry who aparantly had a good game against the taigs wonderkid striker rasmussen yesterday.

from what i have heard Webster would be part of the deal , most likely shite tbh but there may be some truth in it , as we currently still have Wilson,weir,boogie and Perry who aparantly had a good game against the taigs wonderkid striker rasmussen yesterday.

So Perry is back playing again, good to hear, problem I'm now having with Perry is even though I thought he would have broken through and had a few games in the first team he also seems to be very injury prone and he's a lot younger than Webster!

What because he holds his weight for his height ? nonsense, hes not at the peak of his game, as somewhere else stated earlier boyd's stats at killie were no where near how good he has been here. and thats because hes playing in a better team. so im sure goodwillie would benefit from that too, and hes also a big gers fan, and im sure if walter told him do to something he would listen, i see no reason why his attitude wouldnt see him come here.

Its not about how he conducts himself on the pitch, mate, hes brought in on charges of assualt twice in the last year or something. He sparked out a bouncer. Says alot imo.

Probably never happen. Rumors going around that rangers were suppose to be buying jim mcalister from morton a few years back aswell. That didn't happen. Although for him to develop as a player it would be a great move as the morton youth system etc is a shambles. To get into the u17 team your trial match is against an u12 morton team :lol:

We'll not pick up David Goodwillie for under £1m, if we are even interested? There are too many clubs keeping an eye on him, and his contract doesn't run out for another two years. He's just been voted young player of the year in our country, and although Dundee United need the money, they will not sell one of their best players for buttons.

Stephen Thompson is tosser but he's right RE Kyle Lafferty - in that if Rangers are willing to pay big money for someone like Lafferty (potential when we signed him, a bit like Goodwillie) then they expect the same, although they won't get anywhere near that sort of cash!