Rangers and celtc to make history with Boston friendly clash?

maxwellrfc

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most yanks are too ignorant to realise that theres Northern Ireland as well. A bit of marketing and we could milk some of these plastics for what their worth, after all we too have a huge Irish (but British :happy: ) fanbase!

But playing Celtic in a friendly, seriously fuck that. Just sickens me :sherlock:

Talk about going behind enemy lines. The home of Noraid. No doubt they would come round with the I Ran Away collection tins at halftime. Dublin would be a more neutral venue. Full of filthy republican scum (especially South Boston). Still I'll go if it comes off. :uk:;)

Why in Boston? Full of Irish. Anyway, would be a massive match. Count me in!

EDIT: And a famous victory for us. Imagine giving them a right doing in front of 60,000 Plastics. Couldn't make up a better script.

No such thing as a friendly...

Anyway, let's be realistic here. This is a great idea for us to 'market' ourselves. We've always screamed about the lack of USA initiatives. Well, the door has been opened for us. Let's use it. And if we need to hammer Celtc in a 'friendly', to effect that goal, so be it.

GERS also playing in Miami and NYC it seems? Going to be a great summer if this all works out!

No such thing as a friendly...

Anyway, let's be realistic here. This is a great idea for us to 'market' ourselves. We've always screamed about the lack of USA initiatives. Well, the door has been opened for us. Let's use it. And if we need to hammer Celtc in a 'friendly', to effect that goal, so be it.

GERS also playing in Miami and NYC it seems? Going to be a great summer if this all works out!

(tu)

No chance,the match would need the same type of police presence as it commands over here.

I just can't see the powers that be in Boston even agreeing to it never mind us.

To the powers that be here it will be similar to a RedSox vs Yankees game. Rangers are not known as much in the USA since they rarely come here and I would be glad if they played here more often. Boston is not the only USA city with an Irish connection, I would prefer the Rangers to play another team but not playing in Boston lets the scum win without a ball being kicked. uk.gif

well. Since everyone is against it. All go with it. its kind of exciting to see this, or would be, but then again, since this might be the first old firm game abroad ever, i could see alot of support from the UK. In boston, they wouldnt know how to handle our fans.... WUR nuts! lol well no as much but u get what a mean. Anyways.... i hope this happens. wouldnt mind a wee drive to Boston to see what its like!!!

Can I ask why so many over here in the UK, are against a pre-season game in the US to market ourselves to possible sponsorship and marketing opportunities?

If this is viable, then it's a win,win.

I'm a bit surprised by the reaction on here too...