Lets talk about Fortune's goal

Boab

When I seen the immediate replay, I said 'Why was McCulloch wondering to the full-back position?' and still think he was largely at fault for leaving Stevie Smith to compete in the air.

And Davis needs to remember also to help out his full-back as Whittaker was aloe but that's not me being hypocritical as McCulloch should have been in his own position.

Should Neil have claimed it better or handled the header better?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought big neil could have came and claimed it! The ball was in the air for a fair bit which should have gave him a chance to steady himself before coming out! Wee stevie smith was always going to lose out in that situation!

I thought Neil could have came for the ball, it was in the air for a long time, keeper gets the blame for me, Fortune made it his against a full back who shouldnt be in that position in the first place.

I would have to go with a think alexander could have at least came out and tryed to get it cause a bit of panic for fortune! i see what you mean about Mcculloch but i have to give this one to alexander. But listen won the League Fuk them! :wink:

I thot Alexander was apprehensive/nervous as soon as he came on, I'm not usually critical off him but i do feel he couldve came and punched the ball (or fortunes heed,wouldn't bother me either way lol) and took the pressure of the defense. As for The hand in smiths face I didn't expect any 50/50 decisions last nite, the ref set the tone early on by showing the tims would get the benefit of the doubt with non freekicks and non corners.

I skyplused the game, watched some of it after getting back from the piggery. Loved smiths interview, "no one from rangers complained about refereeing decisions". U tell em walter, dignity and pride shines thru, unlike the great big unwashed, jobbie on the wall, smelly bastards. Complaining about how come the sky is blue, it should be green. Bla bla bla

champions again ole ole

It was a disappointing goal to lose, so early after the equaliser. But here's my view, nonetheless. Naylor had too much time to pick out the cross. Alexander's mistake was not coming for it in the first place. He couldn't do much else to save the header. Smith could have been stronger to begin with but was fouled which made jumping almost impossible. The goal shouldn't have stood, however, if that was Boyd going up for a header and he had his hand on Naylor's face, I'd have been raging if the ref had disallowed it.

I don't watch the tims, but my cousin watches a lot of football and says that his arms are the most important part of his game. He was calling him the human octopus the whole game. So it was no surprise he had his arm outstretched and his hand over smiths neck/face to stop smith jumping for the ball. It was a clear foul.

Alexander should have been out for it though.

It was a disappointing goal to lose, so early after the equaliser. But here's my view, nonetheless. Naylor had too much time to pick out the cross. Alexander's mistake was not coming for it in the first place. He couldn't do much else to save the header. Smith could have been stronger to begin with but was fouled which made jumping almost impossible. The goal shouldn't have stood, however, if that was Boyd going up for a header and he had his hand on Naylor's face, I'd have been raging if the ref had disallowed it.

(tu) and Fortune shouldn't be competing with Smith in the air in our box, one of the CB's should have been on him

ESPN's Sportcentre's Play of the Day tonight in China was "two defelected goals that gave Celtic a win over their arch rivals Rangers, and one of them was rather funny". There were no other comments made but they seemed to be insinuating that Alexander made a tit of himself by allowing the ball to hit his heel and go through his legs. Both presenters were laughing afterwards. F**king tossers.

(tu) and Fortune shouldn't be competing with Smith in the air in our box, one of the CB's should have been on him

I was watching for the foul for every replay so I didn't even see where the CBs were. But yeah, Weir or McCulloch should probably been marking Fortune.