• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone we bring in should be better than what we have

no more passengers please

is he better than sasa? or webster/bougherra? im not sure

was huge talk last season of him going to septic

We are very short on players at the moment and we are not going to spend money on a player to replace Papac, signing Goncalves on a free would make a lot of sense.

why would we not spend money to replace sasa? <cr>

he could even be replaced by another bosman if we had the ambition to go for one good enough

i agree jose would be a decent signing, maybe even better than papac, more reliable than webster perhaps and maybe even faster and stronger than weir, who knows

i just got sick of us in the past signing players we knew would not make a difference to the first team, i do know Goncalves is wanting a 5 figure wage, its quite alot to have him on the bench every week, if hes only signed for cover

just have to leave it with Walter, see what happens

(tu)

How about £129.99 :D

anyone we bring in should be better than what we have

no more passengers please

is he better than sasa? or webster/bougherra? im not sure

was huge talk last season of him going to septic

We are very short on players at the moment and we are not going to spend money on a player to replace Papac, signing Goncalves on a free would make a lot of sense.

why would we not spend money to replace sasa? <cr>

he could even be replaced by another bosman if we had the ambition to go for one good enough

i agree jose would be a decent signing, maybe even better than papac, more reliable than webster perhaps and maybe even faster and stronger than weir, who knows

i just got sick of us in the past signing players we knew would not make a difference to the first team, i do know Goncalves is wanting a 5 figure wage, its quite alot to have him on the bench every week, if hes only signed for cover

just have to leave it with Walter, see what happens

(tu)

How about £129.99 :D

:lol:

around 10k i believe to be what he wants

:wink:

we need left and a right winger first

not necessarily, as long as we get those 2 wingers before the window closes, cause we do need them, but we can wait for now to get the right players

(tu)

not necessarily, as long as we get those 2 wingers before the window closes, cause we do need them, but we can wait for now to get the right players

(tu)

If we want wingers then we would have to have a new manager.Walter does not like to play with width--even when against 10 men.Central striker wide,central midfielder right,right back as left midfield,left footed player on the right,right footed on the left; to ensure they all turn inside.

(tu)

If we want wingers then we would have to have a new manager.Walter does not like to play with width--even when against 10 men.Central striker wide,central midfielder right,right back as left midfield,left footed player on the right,right footed on the left; to ensure they all turn inside.

im confident the management team know we need width and we need 2 new players who are capable of playing on either flank

i know what your saying about walter and width, but next season, surely he has no choice, we cant keep clogging on with strikers on the wings or centre midfielders out wide, its depressing to watch, doesnt work and gets badly exposed in the champions league.

technical left footers on the right or technical right footers on the left is not a problem for me, nakamura and robson managed it ok at the mhanky mhob for long enough, joe cole plays left, conway plays left, both right footed, thats not a major problem, but the players we have tried on the wings are just not suited to the flanks or good enough to play there full stop. we need proper wingers, players who have pace, who are not scared to rip defences open, tear their marker a new arse hole and whip balls into the box all day long, we need 2 of them imo. they dont all cost 10million and demand 50k a week, wee bit of knowledge and hard work scouting and we could find them.

lets put it ths way, if we start the new season with davis, naismith, fleck or lafferty out wide i will be very angry, let down and gutted. keep those 4 for central positions, they are in no way, shape or form good enough to play on our wings(maybe davis apart, some could argue, but even then i hate seeing him out wide).

(tu)

As we're talking about wide men, even though off topic, maybe Wylde will finally be given his chance to stake his claim to a starting berth for some matches on the left wing. There might be a couple of others who should also be pushing for a place.

We should tie thjem all up on long term contracts, just in case they happen to be good. So we can command a decent fee and not be left with another Wilson scenario.

Although we are hanging on for a good fee, there is a risk of losing him for nothing in 7 months time. But if we have the ones coming through on long term cheap deals that wont happen

As we're talking about wide men, even though off topic, maybe Wylde will finally be given his chance to stake his claim to a starting berth for some matches on the left wing. There might be a couple of others who should also be pushing for a place.

We should tie thjem all up on long term contracts, just in case they happen to be good. So we can command a decent fee and not be left with another Wilson scenario.

Although we are hanging on for a good fee, there is a risk of losing him for nothing in 7 months time. But if we have the ones coming through on long term cheap deals that wont happen

Agree with you, they must have seen enough of some of the youngsters to know if they could be good enough to make the break through.

I reckon goncalves could do a job for us he can play across the whole backline and i reckon smith would mould him into a good centre half he has the makings in my opinion.I also think we desperatly need wingers but i dont see the conplaining as he is on a free he must have something as carlos quieroz called him up to his provisional squad for the world cup before he had to pull out with injury worth a punt i reckon.

The cunt wants £20,000 a week

Hahahaha

"NO WAY, JOSE!". :-)

Where did you get this figure from?? <cr>

Clyde 1 lunch time sport!

Dunno how much truth is in it

ah, the scaremongerers from radio cattolica, i would rather believe his agent, still 10k for me

he has done nothing in the game whatsoever to suggest he could get anything close to 20k a week

clyde 1 :lol:

they are not called radio snyde and radio cattolica for nothing!

(tu)

no more than a squad player but we definetly need some players in defence. Assuming he wouldnt command that high a wage i think he would be a decent enough signing for nothing.

Wants £1.5m a year (if you believe the rhags).

JOSE GONCALVES looks to have priced himself out of a move to Rangers.

The Portuguese defender has given them a stunning £1.5-million-a-year wage demand.

The Light Blues — set to lose Madjid Bougherra and Danny Wilson after the World Cup — had moved for the Hearts man as central defensive cover.

A free agent after reaching the end of his contract, the 24-year-old had already rejected an offer from Vladimir Romanov that would have improved on his £12,000-a-week salary.

On that amount, he was not only the best paid player at the Edinburgh club but one of the highest-earning footballers in Scotland.

Shocked

Yet, while the champions didn’t initially balk at being told Goncalves was after £18,000 a week, they were shocked to learn he wanted those wages paid net.

The practice, quite common on the Continent, leaves clubs to pick up all deductions.

In this case, that would have meant Rangers actually paying him some £29,000.

At that wage level, the club are not interested.

Failing a change of heart on his part, the Lisbon-born stopper now looks set for a move to either England or the Continent.

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport1.htm

I'll tell the jokes. He's not even worth the wages we have offered Kirk Broadfoot.

Wants £1.5m a year (if you believe the rhags).

JOSE GONCALVES looks to have priced himself out of a move to Rangers.

The Portuguese defender has given them a stunning £1.5-million-a-year wage demand.

The Light Blues — set to lose Madjid Bougherra and Danny Wilson after the World Cup — had moved for the Hearts man as central defensive cover.

A free agent after reaching the end of his contract, the 24-year-old had already rejected an offer from Vladimir Romanov that would have improved on his £12,000-a-week salary.

On that amount, he was not only the best paid player at the Edinburgh club but one of the highest-earning footballers in Scotland.

Shocked

Yet, while the champions didn’t initially balk at being told Goncalves was after £18,000 a week, they were shocked to learn he wanted those wages paid net.

The practice, quite common on the Continent, leaves clubs to pick up all deductions.

In this case, that would have meant Rangers actually paying him some £29,000.

At that wage level, the club are not interested.

Failing a change of heart on his part, the Lisbon-born stopper now looks set for a move to either England or the Continent.

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport1.htm

I'll tell the jokes. He's not even worth the wages we have offered Kirk Broadfoot.

the sunday post mate do they do football

i thought that paper was only worth it if you need a ball of wool to finish off a jumper

i wouldnt pay anyone at rangers any more than 10,000 a week if they think theyre better than that then let them go elsewhere

rhags rhags rhags

i doubt very much he was on 12k a week at Hearts, i doubt that very much

ye cant believe anything ye read, dont know why fans bother sometimes

just one load of pish after another

29k a week :lol: he would probs be our highest paid player :lol: and not even guaranteed a game

rhags tut tut

:rolleyes: