Jose Goncalves

I'm not usually one for posting transfer rumours (or posting that much of anything to be honest :D) but I just had a text that I thought I would share with you all, my mate just text me claiming that his mate at the Daily Record is claiming that we are in for Jose Goncalves (formerly of Hearts). I know it isn't exactly earth shattering news but at least it serves as a distraction from the ownership situation.

If true, he would probably prove to be a decent signing, we need cover at left back and centre back and he could provide this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone we bring in should be better than what we have

no more passengers please

is he better than sasa? or webster/bougherra? im not sure

was huge talk last season of him going to septic

pissed off with rumours to be honest with you.

Quiet, Dickhead Dennis.

any more of that Boaby and ill take you off my friends list.

Why was I on it, in the first place? <cr>

We are very short on players at the moment and we are not going to spend money on a player to replace Papac, signing Goncalves on a free would make a lot of sense.

sure he didn't send you this text about 2 months ago?

fs give the guy a break, he got sent a transfer rumour text and shared it with like minded folks on this site. no need for all the grief. and for you tossers that click on topics that are clearly about transfers then moan like hell about it need to get a fuckin grip.

We are very short on players at the moment and we are not going to spend money on a player to replace Papac, signing Goncalves on a free would make a lot of sense.

why would we not spend money to replace sasa? <cr>

he could even be replaced by another bosman if we had the ambition to go for one good enough

i agree jose would be a decent signing, maybe even better than papac, more reliable than webster perhaps and maybe even faster and stronger than weir, who knows

i just got sick of us in the past signing players we knew would not make a difference to the first team, i do know Goncalves is wanting a 5 figure wage, its quite alot to have him on the bench every week, if hes only signed for cover

just have to leave it with Walter, see what happens

(tu)

pissed off with rumours to be honest with you.

Quiet, Dickhead Dennis.

any more of that Boaby and ill take you off my friends list.

Why was I on it, in the first place? <cr>

cos you are my mate doh

I'm with the 3 network so I can't really rule it out to be honest :blush:

at least you get them eventually :pipe: im with o2 and i used to have to stand at the window to text or talk on the phone, now the signals better but some texts never get to me <cr>

fs give the guy a break, he got sent a transfer rumour text and shared it with like minded folks on this site. no need for all the grief. and for you tossers that click on topics that are clearly about transfers then moan like hell about it need to get a fuckin grip.

shut up it was a joke fs

he could even be replaced by another bosman if we had the ambition to go for one good enough

i agree jose would be a decent signing, maybe even better than papac, more reliable than webster perhaps and maybe even faster and stronger than weir, who knows

i just got sick of us in the past signing players we knew would not make a difference to the first team, i do know Goncalves is wanting a 5 figure wage, its quite alot to have him on the bench every week, if hes only signed for cover

(tu)

The money that we do have to spend this summer is not going to be spent on the left back position, Papac has made it his own. Any money that is spent will be on forwards.

Not worth worrying about any transfers untill they are standing on the Rangers crest holding a top with their name on it!

after mojo's transfer to us, i wouldnt even feel settled at that point :lol:

:lol::lol: I suppose so,well when we see them run out the tunnel then..

(tu)

The money that we do have to spend this summer is not going to be spent on the left back position, Papac has made it his own. Any money that is spent will be on forwards.

so not wingers/wide midfielders then? the 2 positions we need filled

I hope Walter has already learned his lesson from signing too many forwards (laffs, miller, velicka)

i know m8, i was just saying, there is nothing stopping us singing a left back if the club thought we could afford a better one though, if it happens to be a bosman, fair enough, no harm.

you say sasas made it his own, i tend to think we can do better than the big man, although i also agree its not a priority position like the wings/flanks.

(tu)

(tu)

so not wingers/wide midfielders then? the 2 positions we need filled

I hope Walter has already learned his lesson from signing too many forwards (laffs, miller, velicka)

i know m8, i was just saying, there is nothing stopping us singing a left back if the club thought we could afford a better one though, if it happens to be a bosman, fair enough, no harm.

you say sasas made it his own, i tend to think we can do better than the big man, although i also agree its not a priority position like the wings/flanks.

(tu)

I agree with you, wingers should be the priority, I don't know if Walter sees it that way though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Naismith or Lafferty being shunted out to the left again next year. It concerns me that out of all the players we have been linked with in the close season, Craig Conway is the only winger to get a mention.