Jose Goncalves

anyone we bring in should be better than what we have

no more passengers please

is he better than sasa? or webster/bougherra? im not sure

was huge talk last season of him going to septic

We are very short on players at the moment and we are not going to spend money on a player to replace Papac, signing Goncalves on a free would make a lot of sense.

why would we not spend money to replace sasa? <cr>

he could even be replaced by another bosman if we had the ambition to go for one good enough

i agree jose would be a decent signing, maybe even better than papac, more reliable than webster perhaps and maybe even faster and stronger than weir, who knows

i just got sick of us in the past signing players we knew would not make a difference to the first team, i do know Goncalves is wanting a 5 figure wage, its quite alot to have him on the bench every week, if hes only signed for cover

just have to leave it with Walter, see what happens

(tu)

The money that we do have to spend this summer is not going to be spent on the left back position, Papac has made it his own. Any money that is spent will be on forwards.

so not wingers/wide midfielders then? the 2 positions we need filled

I hope Walter has already learned his lesson from signing too many forwards (laffs, miller, velicka)

i know m8, i was just saying, there is nothing stopping us singing a left back if the club thought we could afford a better one though, if it happens to be a bosman, fair enough, no harm.

you say sasas made it his own, i tend to think we can do better than the big man, although i also agree its not a priority position like the wings/flanks.

(tu)

I agree with you, wingers should be the priority, I don't know if Walter sees it that way though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Naismith or Lafferty being shunted out to the left again next year. It concerns me that out of all the players we have been linked with in the close season, Craig Conway is the only winger to get a mention.

and hes a tim too! :lol:

i know, weve been linked with so much shite this summer(1 or 2 apart), i just hope the club stick it right to the mhedia and bring in a few crackers.

i think the ones we do eventually sign wont be the ones were linked with in the rhags

god please no, no laffs or naisy wide, its not fair on the players themselves, i think given game time together both would do well up front in a partnership within the SPL if they have the right service from midfield of course, as every striker needs.

(tu)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was my first signing on FM2010 and did a great job cover for sasa and cb for 2/3 seasons :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Every thing's cool now.

Coisty was playing FM, after Chester has left he needs another avenue, and he found that out too :praise:

he was my first signing on FM2010 and did a great job cover for sasa and cb for 2/3 seasons :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Every thing's cool now.

Coisty was playing FM, after Chester has left he needs another avenue, and he found that out too :praise:

he should also check out matías defederico, he beat coistys league goal record by 2018/19 season

was a thread about him earlier, wonder if the rhag journo was on here, wouldnt surprise me!

if were talking to him, his agent will probably want to speak to septic too, rumours last season(january) they wanted him too

heard on radio in edinburgh while back his agent says he wants a five figure wage and would only stay in scotland to goto one of the big 2 in glasgow, as that is the only clubs who could afford him in scotland

im not sure

is he really better than what we have?

options at centre back wilson, weir, bougherra and webster, is he better than any of them?

he can play left back too apparantly, is he better than papac, broadfoot or whitts who have also play there under walter?

i dont know

soon as we declare an interest ye just know the bead rattlers will want to sign him too, its what they do

was a thread about him earlier, wonder if the rhag journo was on here, wouldnt surprise me!

if were talking to him, his agent will probably want to speak to septic too, rumours last season(january) they wanted him too

heard on radio in edinburgh while back his agent says he wants a five figure wage and would only stay in scotland to goto one of the big 2 in glasgow, as that is the only clubs who could afford him in scotland

im not sure

is he really better than what we have?

options at centre back wilson, weir, bougherra and webster, is he better than any of them?

he can play left back too apparantly, is he better than papac, broadfoot or whitts who have also play there under walter?

i dont know

soon as we declare an interest ye just know the bead rattlers will want to sign him too, its what they do

Thats true mate... if past years are anything to go by, we wont sign anyone untill deadline day if at all (tu)

I think working under our current management could be the making of him.

After the 'not Rangers class' comments that were hurled at Weir, Whittaker, Broadfoot & Papac (I know PLG signed him but people were still saying his wasn't good enough when Smith came back) when they signed, you think people would have learned to just trust Smith by now.

Defenders are the one area that he gets his signings right more often than not.

Goncalves had a good game against celtc and ever since then he's been some sort of player - it's a bit like Velicka and people thinking he's a good player because he scored a few against celtc.

I don't think Gonclaves is a good player at all, I think he'd struggle with the pressure of playing for Rangers. His positioning is poor, he makes terrible mistakes, prone to injuries and was on high wages at Hearts. We can't afford to pay £10k-£15k a week on a back-up player. I would hardly call Gonclaves a 'cheap' option!

Guest therabbitt

I'd back the signing of Goncalves, as long as the wages are right. Maybe offer the same contract that was offered to Kirk Broadfoot.

pissed off with rumours to be honest with you.

That's pretty rich coming from you with the trash you were posting last year in the transfer section.

one rumour i posted ya cock, and i was wrong. phone Darryl King if you have a problem.

get over it. I wasnt the only one.

From the Record, as had been said about Smith, when it comes to defenders he always seems to get it right more times than not.

RANGERS are set to enter into signing talks with former Hearts defender Jose Goncalves.

Record Sport can reveal the SPL champions plan to meet with the 24-year-old and his advisers this week to begin thrashing out the terms of a possible Bosman switch from Tynecastle.

Goncalves is currently out of contract and has been attracting interest from a number of clubs across Europe.

But the Lisbon-born stopper, a recent transfer target of former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray, has made it clear he would prefer to stay in the SPL and could now clinch a surprise switch to the other side of Glasgow .

Goncalves has impressed Ibrox boss Walter Smith since returning to Gorgie from a loan spell in the Bundesliga with Nuremberg.

The well-travelled former Portugal Under-21 starlet has also enjoyed spells with Swiss sides Basle and Thun and Italians Venezia.

Smith is looking to recruit defensive cover for next season having already sanctioned the summer sale of Madjid Bougherra who is in the shop window, playing for Algeria at the World Cup Finals, after turning down the offer of a two-year contract extension.

The future of youngster Danny Wilson is similarly unclear as the 18-year-old waits anxiously to discover if his proposed move to Liverpool is still alive following the sacking of Anfield boss Rafa Benitez.

With this is mind, Smith has instructed chief executive Martin Bain to get around the negot iat ing table wi th Goncalves for the first round of what is being described as exploratory talks.

I've seen him have some absolutely horrific games, but Walter and Weir (if he's still here) could make a player of him.

He's far more talented than Broadfoot, plus he'd come into our squad as a true athlete, something we don't have.