Marlon Harewood

His goal scoring record is decent,not brilliant but could improve in the SPL

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

1996–2003 Nottingham Forest 196 (55)

1998 → Haka (loan) 12 (3)

1999 → Ipswich Town (loan) 6 (1)

2003–2007 West Ham United 142 (47)

2007–2010 Aston Villa 29 (5)

2009 → Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 5 (0)

2009 → Newcastle United (loan) 15 (5)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be against Harewood signing, but it would signal Miller is indeed leaving.

Got to ask though, what will be more appealing to Harewood staying in the UK on a small wage or earning big bucks in Dubai with Al Ahli...

Why do you think that mate? we have had 2 strikers in Boyd and Novo leave.

Yeh if Miller leaves I think we'd need to bring in 2 strikers

Guest therabbitt

He'd probably score pretty well up here, would physically dominate most defences and I'm sure Miller would play well off the scraps he'd win in the air. Not a bad signing if there's any truth in it.

I remember reading similar criticism of Cousins goalscoring ability on here when we signed him.

As for Harewood, unless you have religiously followed his career I don't think you can judge his goalscoring record.

In recent years his record is poor, but how many of those games have been starts? How many have been cameoes off the bench? How many have been in irregular spurts making it difficult for him to build any form or momentuem?

Harewood is a player who tends to perform when he feels loved & wanted. His record with Notingham & West Ham when he was starting most

weeks are testament to that.

He's quick, he's physically imposing, he's experienced and he's a perfect foil for Miller.

In normal circumstances I'd be against signing a 31 year old, but we aren't operating in normal circumstances are we?

Unless you have religiously followed his career I don't think you can judge his goalscoring record.

HIm recent years his record is poor, buy how many of those games have been starts? How many have been cameoes off the bench? How many have been in irregular spurts making it difficult for him to build any form or momentuem?

Harewood is a player who tends to perform when he feels loved & wanted. His record with Notingham & West Ham when he was starting most weeks are testament to that.

He's quick, he's physically imposing, he's experienced and he's a perfect foil for Miller.

In normal circumstances I'd be against signing a 31 year old, but we aren't operating in normal circumstances are we?

You think if he's signed, Miller will be here long enough to form a partnership?

If he does indeed end up here, it's more than likely he'll be Lafferty/Naismith striking partner.

Guest therabbitt

Unless you have religiously followed his career I don't think you can judge his goalscoring record.

HIm recent years his record is poor, buy how many of those games have been starts? How many have been cameoes off the bench? How many have been in irregular spurts making it difficult for him to build any form or momentuem?

Harewood is a player who tends to perform when he feels loved & wanted. His record with Notingham & West Ham when he was starting most weeks are testament to that.

You think if he's signed, Miller will be here long enough to form a partnership?

If he does indeed end up here, it's more than likely he'll be Lafferty/Naismith striking partner.

I think Miller is here for this season (tu)

...And run the risk of another Kris Boyd situation, Not a chance. Miller has already expressed his concerns about the situation, he'll be next out the door if Harewood signs.

...And run the risk of another Kris Boyd situation, Not a chance. Miller has already expressed his concerns about the situation, he'll be next out the door if Harewood signs.

I disagree. That would mean having to sign another 1/2 strikers and it has already been said Smith called the shots around the Thomson deal, he decided that KT should leave and I really dont think he will let Miller leave for what 1m? No chance, wont find a striker like Miller for 1m that will come to us.

Most likely hes only on about 14k and he wont reject a contract for round about the same at his age hes earned most his cash already.

Guest therabbitt

Boyd/Thomson and Miller are at different points of their career though, one more contract is all that Miller would need and I could see that contract being at Rangers given that he's been down south already.

Miller realises what he has at Rangers and he'd stay if McCoist offered him a new deal next season.

Boyd/Thomson and Miller are at different points of their career though, one more contract is all that Miller would need and I could see that contract being at Rangers given that he's been down south already.

Miller realises what he has at Rangers and he'd stay if McCoist offered him a new deal next season.

Miller is still good enough to double his wage down south, he'll be thinking one more big wage could be made. Then I could finish my career back up in the SPL in 3years time if he chooses too.

I severely doubt he'll be willing to take a pay cut to stay at us, and we'll not budge on our wage cap. So that leaves one option moving him on before he can leave for nothing like Kris Boyd.

Kyle Lafferty has already been been touted as a starter next season upfront and if Harewood signs, he'll be his new strike partner not Kenny Miller.