Marlon Harewood

Marlon Harewood has been offered a two-year deal at Glasgow Rangers. The striker is a free agent after leaving Aston Villa and also has an offer from David O’Leary’s Dubai-based club Al Ahli.

Meanwhile, West Brom midfielder Borja Valero has completed a season-long loan move to Villarreal with a view to a permanent deal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296098/Aston-Villa-misfit-Marlon-Harewood-offered-year-deal-Rangers.html#ixzz0uAIgwcIa

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa reject Marlon Harewood offered two-year deal at Rangers

Way to shoot a man... would be a terrific signing and I think Muff was touting him a while back... would easily do the business up here

surley his wage demands would be too high ?

:lol:

why? its marlon harewood, not didier drogba

just coz he played in the premiership does not mean hes on outlandish wages, they are not all on ridiculous wages

i would be very surprised if any manager has ever given him a contract worth more than 15-20k a week

(tu)

Surely not? I don't know why, but I just find that really hard to believe. If true, I'd welcome him.

He's useless. An absolute diddy. 12 goals in the last three seasons explains why he's availale on a free and why we are interested.

I wouldn't be against Harewood signing, but it would signal Miller is indeed leaving.

Got to ask though, what will be more appealing to Harewood staying in the UK on a small wage or earning big bucks in Dubai with Al Ahli...

Why do you think that mate? we have had 2 strikers in Boyd and Novo leave.

Surely not? I don't know why, but I just find that really hard to believe. If true, I'd welcome him.

He's useless. An absolute diddy. 12 goals in the last three seasons explains why he's availale on a free and why we are interested.

I don't think I'd call him useless, nor a diddy. He played successfully with West Ham for a good period of time and always worked hard up top. Fair enough about the goalscoring record, but has he not been hampered with injuries?

I wouldn't be against Harewood signing, but it would signal Miller is indeed leaving.

Got to ask though, what will be more appealing to Harewood staying in the UK on a small wage or earning big bucks in Dubai with Al Ahli...

Why do you think that mate? we have had 2 strikers in Boyd and Novo leave.

He's got a year left in his contract, and Harewood would be a direct replacement for him.