Marlon Harewood

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the wage cap was in place before Miller signed, so he's technically contracted under the wage cap as it stands.

I don't doubt for one minute he'd be looking for a rise. Of course he would.

He said he wants to stay at Rangers - it just depends how much.

harewood.jpg

Fucking tank! Oh how I wish to see Lennons face if Marlon scored a Old Firm last minute winner ran up to Lennon and done what he does in that picture :drool:

Oh and type Marlon Harewood in to google images and look at the second picture that comes up. I found it too disturbing to post on here...

Surely not? I don't know why, but I just find that really hard to believe. If true, I'd welcome him.

He's useless. An absolute diddy. 12 goals in the last three seasons explains why he's availale on a free and why we are interested.

I don't think I'd call him useless, nor a diddy. He played successfully with West Ham for a good period of time and always worked hard up top. Fair enough about the goalscoring record, but has he not been hampered with injuries?

Same skin complaint as Michael Jackson, maybe?!

311oxz9.jpg

Lets not get too excited folks we all know how excited we got last week with Eagles and how we felt afterwards. Would be a good move for Harewood though give him a chance to win some trophies play in the CL and enjoy his football, would be good for us too. I'm not holding my breath on this happening though.

Lets not get too excited folks we all know how excited we got last week with Eagles and how we felt afterwards. Would be a good move for Harewood though give him a chance to win some trophies play in the CL and enjoy his football, would be good for us too. I'm not holding my breath on this happening though.

(tu) The voice of reason,shows you how long it's been since we signed someone though,fucking exciting :lol:

(tu)The voice of reason,shows you how long it's been since we signed someone though,fucking exciting :lol:

See folks its not just me who thinks I am the voice of sense and reason! :happy:

A youtube videocan make anyone look goo but if you look at the majority of his goals they re we exactly what we need in a player He's strong and can bully the Defence ,Good in the Air Decent shot and a decent bit of pace would be a pretty good signing

Guest therabbitt

Unless you have religiously followed his career I don't think you can judge his goalscoring record.

HIm recent years his record is poor, buy how many of those games have been starts? How many have been cameoes off the bench? How many have been in irregular spurts making it difficult for him to build any form or momentuem?

Harewood is a player who tends to perform when he feels loved & wanted. His record with Notingham & West Ham when he was starting most weeks are testament to that.

He's quick, he's physically imposing, he's experienced and he's a perfect foil for Miller.

In normal circumstances I'd be against signing a 31 year old, but we aren't operating in normal circumstances are we?

You think if he's signed, Miller will be here long enough to form a partnership?

If he does indeed end up here, it's more than likely he'll be Lafferty/Naismith striking partner.

I think Miller is here for this season (tu)

...And run the risk of another Kris Boyd situation, Not a chance. Miller has already expressed his concerns about the situation, he'll be next out the door if Harewood signs.

Boyd/Thomson and Miller are at different points of their career though, one more contract is all that Miller would need and I could see that contract being at Rangers given that he's been down south already.

Miller realises what he has at Rangers and he'd stay if McCoist offered him a new deal next season.

Miller is still good enough to double his wage down south, he'll be thinking one more big wage could be made. Then I could finish my career back up in the SPL in 3years time if he chooses too.

I severely doubt he'll be willing to take a pay cut to stay at us, and we'll not budge on our wage cap. So that leaves one option moving him on before he can leave for nothing like Kris Boyd.

Kyle Lafferty has already been been touted as a starter next season upfront and if Harewood signs, he'll be his new strike partner not Kenny Miller.

It's not up to Kenny Miller now, it's also not up to Rangers now - it would all depend on whether a bid came in for him. If no one puts a bid in for him then he's staying exactly where he is. Even if a bid came in, I'd imagine that Smith/McCoist would weigh up how much the offer is and how much he could offer the team this year and I still think that given what Miller might go for, they would decide to keep him. I'm probably horrifically wrong though. I just get the feeling that Kenny wants to stay a Ranger.

I would love to see him become a Ranger.

We need to freshen up the squad. Smith talks about needing to add experience and the big Marlon has that.

Hope it done in time for the Aussie tour!