If we lost Steven Davis

Heres a question for you, if we lost Steven Davis do you think we'd still finish in the top 2 next season?

I honestly don't think we would, unless we somehow replaced him. Quite simply he's one of the best players to play in the jersey for the last 5 or so years. If he's given a run in the centre of the park this season, I honestly think he'll be one of the deciding factors in the title race.

Am I just an eejit, or does anyone else honestly rate him this highly? :sherlock:

I dont think he is as influential as is made out but hopefully he will be in the centre. He does have a lot of games where he offers little, but the end of last season was his best period and hopefully that is him up and running now.I think his best is yet to come.

He is our best player and really is fantastic when he is on his game but we shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on him

We are puting him under too much pressure before the season begins saying it is all down to him and that isn't healthy.

I think losing Davis and not replacing him would be disasterous for the coming season.

Moving him in one to the middle will be far more fruitful than playing him out wide. Davis and edu in the centre for spl with big Lee making it three for CL games. We don't need defenders or strikers IMO, we need two wingers/wide midfielders.

Up front we've got miller, laff, Naismith,and velicka.-plenty

Defense we've got bougy, weir, Webster, broadfoot, whitty, papac and wylde.- plenty

Centre midfield we've got Davis, edu, and big Lee-plenty

Out wide we've got options of well... ,Davis,whitty, laff, Naismith, wylde. (basically players played out of position)

The last sentence is my point, we dont need anything else except wide players

Steven Davis is the one player who we can't sell.

When he plays well we as a team play well but we can't rely on Davis to do all the work. There are 10 other players who will need to be pulling their weight in what is a massive season.

We need Davis more now than ever. He needs to score a few more goals -- and perhaps he will.

Looked great vs Blackburn.

Would we finish outside the top 2 if he left? Not sure.. since we would have to replace him.. so it depends on who would come in.. But it would be hard for us to replace a player of Steven's quality.

EDIT: But to be fair... We finished +20 points ahead of the 3rd placed team last year.. and that wasn't just down to Steve. So.. no.. we would be in the top 2 & probably still win it.. but it'd be close!

I dont think he is as influential as is made out but hopefully he will be in the centre. He does have a lot of games where he offers little, but the end of last season was his best period and hopefully that is him up and running now.I think his best is yet to come.

This (tu), Good player, just looks better in the SPL because its such a shit league.

This (tu), Good player, just looks better in the SPL because its such a shit league.

He was the best player on the park by a country mile against Blackburn

Ok it is one game, but I think he is better than you 2 are making him out to be.

He was the best player on the park by a country mile against Blackburn

Ok it is one game, but I think he is better than you 2 are making him out to be.

He's a good player, no doubt, the SPL just makes him look miles better than he is.

If we lost Steve it would be one helluva kick in the baws to our chances of retaining our Championship that's for sure and without a top class replacement I reckon we would have no chance of winning 3IAR but let's not tempt fate. Steve is going nowhere. :pipe: