Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Guest therabbitt

With rumours of Rangers not agreeing personal terms, the wheels could be coming off this wagon.

That does seem odd though as Jelavic seemed so keen to come here.

All this uncertainty is killing me. I can't wait til it's over one way or another. These long drawn out sagas are making us look foolish.

Do you only login when you have something negative to say about Rangers?

A wee bit harsh. Sorry if I seem negative, but I'm hardly the only one frustrated by this. we've not exactly been beset with good news lately and there will be nobody happier than me if we get Jelavic.

Maybe so, I just always seem to read what you post and think to myself that you walk about under a cloud when it comes to Rangers.

still have the feeling we are being used to up the fee/wages in this one.they are probably waiting on a epl side coming in.we need to be looking elsewhere or else its going to be someone like millar of middlesboro with 15mins of the window to go

With rumours of Rangers not agreeing personal terms, the wheels could be coming off this wagon.

That does seem odd though as Jelavic seemed so keen to come here.

All this uncertainty is killing me. I can't wait til it's over one way or another. These long drawn out sagas are making us look foolish.

Do you only login when you have something negative to say about Rangers?

A wee bit harsh. Sorry if I seem negative, but I'm hardly the only one frustrated by this. we've not exactly been beset with good news lately and there will be nobody happier than me if we get Jelavic.

Maybe so, I just always seem to read what you post and think to myself that you walk about under a cloud when it comes to Rangers.

That's one way to put it......

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected 4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and 4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

So it's a case of people believing what they want to believe, just as I thought.

Many different stories from many different sources. Thats how I know how much was offered and when it was. When 20 different sources print the same story but 1or2 words changed there may be a slight chance that there is some truth in there somewhere

Those 'twenty sources' have based all their stories on reports from a couple of outlets within the Austrian press. You 'know' what you want to believe.

austrian press and british press. I do know what i want to believe. You dont know how reliable sources are so you should do the same. You are in this topic with everyone else waiting for a slight story or leak that will give you an indication of the current status of this transfer but will that story or leak be reliable? It will be what you make it to be

Why is their news all over the web saying Rapid have rejected 4.2m bid after weekend negotiations? Surley that has to be bullshit because we offered them £3.5m on thursday and 4.2m is the same equivelent of £3.5m.

So it's a case of people believing what they want to believe, just as I thought.

Many different stories from many different sources. Thats how I know how much was offered and when it was. When 20 different sources print the same story but 1or2 words changed there may be a slight chance that there is some truth in there somewhere

Those 'twenty sources' have based all their stories on reports from a couple of outlets within the Austrian press. You 'know' what you want to believe.

austrian press and british press. I do know what i want to believe. You dont know how reliable sources are so you should do the same. You are in this topic with everyone else waiting for a slight story or leak that will give you an indication of the current status of this transfer but will that story or leak be reliable? It will be what you make it to be

The British press? :lol: The Scottish press don't even have anyone 'in situ'. They are reliant on reports coming out of Austria, hence the articles being almost identical.

I'll leave it at that, and you can continue living in your little bubble.

The whole thing is doing my tits in.

Just give us an answer one way or another please!

its gonna happen, hows that? rangers wouldnt be hanging round all this time unless it was more or less a goer, my feeling is we will get our man, win 3iar, thats official

The British press? :lol: The Scottish press don't even have anyone 'in situ'. They are reliant on reports coming out of Austria, hence the articles being almost identical.

I'll leave it at that, and you can continue living in your little bubble.

RAPID Vienna last night rejected a £3.5 million Rangers bid for star striker Nikica Jelavic and left Martin Bain to fly back to Glasgow empty-handed.

The Ibrox chief executive had jetted into Austria yesterday morning hopeful of concluding a deal for the 24-year-old Croatian striker during a day of talks with

Rapid counterpart Werner Kuhn. But despite the addition of another £500,000 to the original £3m offer - and Jelavic making it clear he sees his future with the SPL champions - Rapid's top brass refused to back down on their demands for a fee closer to £4m.

Spokesman Sharif Shoukry told Record Sport: "There was no solution found to the Jelavic situation. Rangers will now fly home and it is up to them if they come back with a new offer. But the offer made today was not acceptable."

The breakdown is a hammer blow to Bain and boss Walter Smith but the chief executive remains hopeful. He said: "There was no deal today but talks will continue."

Honduran World Cup striker Georgie Welcome is on trial and at £500,000 could be a cutprice alternative.

Daily Record!!

THE RANGERS chief executive, Martin Bain, flew home from Austria last night having been frustrated in his attempts to wrest striker Nikica Jelavic away from Rapid Vienna.

Bain held negotiations with Rapid officials about the 24-year-old Croatian international throughout yesterday, but no deal was concluded and negotiations will continue today and over the weekend. The Herald revealed yesterday that Rangers had made a second, improved offer worth £3.5m for the 6ft 2in forward.

Rapid may be digging their heels in because they want Jelavic to play in their Europa League fourth qualifying round ties later this month. They will know their opponents for those games after today’s draw, but as an unseeded club they could draw Liverpool, Manchester City or, intriguingly, Celtic. If Jelavic is registered for the next round he will be ineligible to play for Rangers in the Champions League although the Ibrox club are willing to write him off for Europe if it means they still have a chance of getting him. “We held talks today and discussions are ongoing,” said Bain last night. Jelavic will join the Croatia squad on Sunday for a friendly in Slovakia next midweek.

Jelavic wants to play in Britain and would come to Rangers on a £15,000-a-week deal. Walter Smith wants to make at least three signings but a major chunk of his kitty has been earmarked for the Croat. If that deal goes through Rangers may have to consider loans to further shore up their slender squad, although funds could be released to offer reasonable wages to any established players who become available. If Jelavic essentially inherits Boyd’s slice of the wage bill, the salaries of Nacho Novo, Kevin Thomson, DaMarcus Beasley, Danny Wilson and Steven Smith are theoretically being saved and all or some of that figure – around £40,000 a week – could be offered to loan targets.

Honduran international striker Georgie Welcome, who would cost £500,000, is on trial at Murray Park but is unlikely to be offered a contract. Jelavic has been identified as the preferred focal point of a forward line which has lost Kris Boyd’s 25-30 goals a season.

One potential obstacle was the fact Rapid Vienna were weighing up whether to hold out for £4m-£4.5m for Jelavic because his former club, Zulte Waregem of Belgium, are entitled to a sell-on fee. “I would prefer if Jelavic was still playing for us in the group stages of the Europa League and scoring goals,” Rapid general manager Werner Kuhn said yesterday. “We could then sell him for a spectacular fee in January.” Jelavic himself, though, has made it clear he is ready to leave now.

The Herald!!

There you go, british stories completely different but about the same thing. You think they got there story from 2 different austrian newspapers?

Martin O'Neill's just resigned you lot think that could weaken them for their game with Rapid

Was just away to mention that. Rapid may now feel they can beat Villa, again, and hold onto Jelavic for these two games!?

Martin O'Neill's just resigned you lot think that could weaken them for their game with Rapid

Was just away to mention that. Rapid may now feel they can beat Villa, again, and hold onto Jelavic for these two games!?

Just thinking that myself this could drag on a bit longer :dry:

I really hope not, this transfer saga really takes some beating. It's been back and forth rumour wise for ages. I'm still pretty confident he will sign, but that's maybe more out of blind hope than anything else. I just have a feeling the club would have pulled out days ago if they didn't feel we had a great chance of signing him.

Is there actually anything 'concrete'? i.e. Is the lad in Glasgow, is he coming to Glasgow to discuss personal terms? Or are we just in the same situation? Is Bain back here now?

Sorry for all the questions... just would be nice to get some answers?

Cheers! (tu)

If we have 4 mill to spend on one player.. I'd move on if we can't get him by Tuesday. No sense 'tying' up this cash on this 'problematic' transfer soap opera. Plenty of other players out there.