Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

They say epl clubs are in for him

no they aren't and if they were they would have had him by now as they have tons of cash

rapid directors are holding on as long as possible

fuck him, if you don't want to play for such a huge club and opt for a Blackburn or WBA then good luck

I can't say I'm shocked/surprised that this deal has fallen through. I never had any real confidence in it from day one but in no way am I blaming Rangers for it falling through.

1. Martin Bain went out to Austria twice to try and secure a deal and he managed to agree a fee with Rapid which is quite remarkable considering how unreasonable they have been throughout this whole saga. Bain did his job and we have to applaud him for that. It just turns out that Rapid Vienna are bastards!

2. Jelavic wanted a pay off from Rapid Vienna, which he was entitled to, but they were unwilling to pay it and even wanted us to pay some of it as well as part of the sell on fee to his former club. We did the right thing by telling them to suck it because it is not up to Rangers to pay for deals that Rapid had made with people previously. We are nobody's bitch, especially to a club like Rapid Vienna.

3. If you believe some reports that Jelavic wanted more money from us that would break our wage structure then we have every right to walk away from the deal. The wage structure is there for a reason and it will not be broke for any player. What would have happened if we signed Jelavic on wages of £20,000+ a week and then we try and sign another player only for us to tell him that we have a wage strucutre and it won't be broke for him? He will think why is he (Jelavic) allowed to break the wage structure and not me?

Hopefully this puts an end to all this Jelavic talk. Rapid Vienna and Nikica Jelavic move on, but more importantly Rangers move on and that is all that matters!

Most of what you have written is based on nothing more than media reports. If there ever was any realistic chance of this deal going through, it is still there, as far any of us know.

No, you're miles out. An inane comment which has taken you down to the level of Goat. Well done!

I'd very much like for this deal to go through, as I have already stated on this thread. He seems to be of a decent standard, if a little over-hyped now. However, I'm sick and tired of reading all that pish about trusting the club.

We have been lied to, kept in the dark, drip-fed information and generally treated like shit on numerous occasions over the part few years. Trust is something which should be earned, blind faith is something completely different.

well said (tu) some people just cant see it and thats how they get away with it

According to an insider, whom I trust 100% is the deal dead. He didn`t mention why but he said that he never heard of such "dirty negotiations", whatever this means. There are no more offers yet and it is very likely that Jelavic will remain a rapid player until winter.

I hereby want to wish you all the best for the upcoming season & the Champions League group stage. I hope our two clubs will play someday against each other. :D

Rangers have ended their pursuit of Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic and are now anxious to fix-up James Beattie and Tommy Smith.

After two weeks of negotiations with the Austrians and the Croatian striker, the SPL champions have walked away. The 24-year-old has been quoted as saying a switch to Scotland may still happen in the next few days, but any movement will now have to come from his camp.

Rangers offered around £4m and £15,000-per-week wages. Rapid accepted the deal, but Jelavic wants a pay-off from his club, so the move has stalled.

Chief executive Martin Bain said: “We have withdrawn from negotiations with Nikica Jelavic.”

Stoke striker Beattie held talks with Walter Smith and Bain last night having arrived in Glasgow for a look around, but returned south with no deal done.

A fee of around £1.3m has been agreed, but Beattie is on £35,000-per-week and Stoke may have to offer him a sweetener to leave.

Blackburn are believed to be trying to hijack Gers’ move. Beattie’s agent Mike Morris said: “Negotiations will continue today.”

Meantime, despite matching the £1.5m fee quoted by Portsmouth for Smith, Rangers have still to hear back from the club.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/martin-bain-no-nikica-jelavic-deal-1.1048143

Bain quoted in Evening Times saying they have pulled out of the deal. Negotiations still continuing with Beattie.

I thought he said they have walked away from the negotiations, not pulled out of the deal. As in, that's our offer, take it or leave it, the next move is yours.

According to an insider, whom I trust 100% is the deal dead. He didn`t mention why but he said that he never heard of such "dirty negotiations", whatever this means. There are no more offers yet and it is very likely that Jelavic will remain a rapid player until winter.

I hereby want to wish you all the best for the upcoming season & the Champions League group stage. I hope our two clubs will play someday against each other. :D

Thank you, same to you for your season & Europa league. :)

What a shock, to think so many numpties on here thought we were really going to see him.

So .. what, 3 weeks of negotiations were just for show.

I honestly believe there (so called) are Rangers fans who take greater delight in seeing us fail in thing like this so they can go "See ... told you so !!"

angry.gif