No Celtic players have ever been good enough for Rangers!

countyfanatic

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who genuinely thinks no Celtic players would have improved a Rangers team (and vice versa) is frankly an idiot. Larsson, Sutton, Moravcik, cadete are all great players. I'm too young to have seen Dalgliesh or Jimmy Johnston or anyone like that playing but theres no doubt they were good enough too.

If guys like Willie Wallace, Tommy Gemmell, Murdo MacLeod, Danny McGrain and Kenny Dalglish hadn't played for them would older Bears have taken them? Were before my time so I can't really comment.

We should have had Bertie Peacock, Danny McGrain and Kenny Dalglish because they were all Rangers fans and were good enough skill wise, but for some reason or another, they were passed up by our managers of the time...so as far as I'm concerned-------End of fucking Story!

Anybody who genuinely thinks no Celtic players would have improved a Rangers team (and vice versa) is frankly an idiot. Larsson, Sutton, Moravcik, cadete are all great players. I'm too young to have seen Dalgliesh or Jimmy Johnston or anyone like that playing but theres no doubt they were good enough too.

Jimmy Johnstone would only have got a game for Rangers if Henderson was injured, which wasn't often.

Jimmy Johnstone would only have got a game for Rangers if Henderson was injured, which wasn't often.

And there is the crux of the matter, when some of the players who have been mentioned were kicking about they would have had difficulty getting into our team due to the quality of the players we had at the initial time.

Anyway interesting debate but the OP has been banned so who cares.