After all the abuse he has taken

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Kyle :clap:

Stick to hitting the ball when it isn't moving, because if it is moving it's top tier bound :lol:

Im sure he's hit few free kick's and none have been hugely off target, and most have tested the goal keeper.

Just keep your head down son (tu) !

Really don't understand why any Rangers supporter would hate him. He might act like an idiot sometimes but so what, so do plenty of players. He seems like a decent guy who loves the club and the only legitimate reason for not liking him is because of some (highly exagerrated) critical view of his ability and performances. Anyone that isn't a tim who actually hates him clearly has some serious emotional issues.

I still think he's mince and not Rangers quality. Fair enough, I can't argue when he's scoring goals, but he just doesn't do anything for me.

This thread would be far more apt for Stevie Naismith who has been our best player this season, imo.

every single one of us has at some stage had a pop at lafferty but he keeps coming back and scores

big goals when the team needs it. so keep it up and keep working as you do big man. you are at the

club of all are dreams so you know what you have to keep doing to stay there. :21::21::21:

Scored a hat-trick and people were moaning about him.

Scored an important one today and people are moaning about him.

I think he's one of those players that will never please everyone.

It's interesting to think of the reasons he's 'hated' so much.

As far as I can think, he's shouted his mouth of a bit, reacted to a few challenges & got himself sent off, got a Sheep Shagger sent off and played shite when out of position. Is all that really worthy of the flak he's taken? I can think of a fair few players who would be lauded for all that (other than the dodgy performances).

I can't point fingers either.....I'm as guilty as the next man. I'm now just wondering....why is it exactly that I gave him so much stick??

Maybe it's because he was keeping someone else out the team....a youngster perhaps. Not really his fault, he doesn't pick the team! I don't really know why.....a combination of all the above? :huh: Still, I've said it all along....better players (Such as McCoist, Hateley & Cooper) used to get similar stick and came out better players for it, so hopefully the same happens for him.

When all is said & done though....I'll be happy if he keeps making me eat my words!

As far as I can think, he's shouted his mouth of a bit, reacted to a few challenges & got himself sent off, got a Sheep Shagger sent off and played shite when out of position. Is all that really worthy of the flak he's taken? I can think of a fair few players who would be lauded for all that (other than the dodgy performances).

I can't point fingers either.....I'm as guilty as the next man. I'm now just wondering....why is it exactly that I gave him so much stick??

Maybe it's because he was keeping someone else out the team....a youngster perhaps. Not really his fault, he doesn't pick the team! I don't really know why.....a combination of all the above? :huh: Still, I've said it all along....better players (Such as McCoist, Hateley & Cooper) used to get similar stick and came out better players for it, so hopefully the same happens for him.

When all is said & done though....I'll be happy if he keeps making me eat my words!

I think it's the inflated transfer fee we paid for him.

I think boasting about his Bentley etc when he wasn't playing well turned a lot of folk against him.Well from what i can remember after the article in the paper.

I think it's the inflated transfer fee we paid for him.

That certainly has something to do with it. Again, it's not something he could have controlled though. But I suppose, if you pay £1m for a Bugatti, you expect it to drive like the worlds fastest car. Shame it's not that simple with footballers!

I think boasting about his Bentley etc when he wasn't playing well turned a lot of folk against him.Well from what i can remember after the article in the paper.

That was certainly the turning point for me. That came after he got the Aberdeen player sent off & everyone got on his back. That really was a stupid thing to do, and the last thing I wanted to hear from an under-performing Gers player!

He still has a long, long way to go before he convinces a lot of people.

But I've always said he has something about him. He needs to show it on a more regular basis, but I think he is starting to turn the corner, personally.