The Billy Boys

djbroxybear

I can't recall us being punished even by uefa for singing the billy boys, Warned ? Yess but not punished. the only thing uefa punish us for is the crowd trouble which has happend in spain manchester and Romania and more places maybe I can't recall.

In a liberal democracy like the one in which we live you cannot deny people freedom of expression. If they want to sing that and are denied then thats freedom of expression out the window and a whole can of worms is opened up. We should be allowed to sing it, if others dont like what is being sung then tough, we live in a democracy where everybody has the right to express themselves within the law.

and if your Maw had baws she'd be yer Da. What do you want me to say to that exactly? it's all whataboutary.

Considering we have already been censured by uefa it isn't really "whataboutary" (not sure you have grasped what that word is actually meant to mean) Exactly the sort of answer i expected to be honest.

Ok come forth supporters groups who have ran to the orange faced rat Bain to complain about the Rangers fans singing sectarian songs.......... :crabflute:

Cant see it being the Union Bears so thats them ruled out, and it seems multiple supporters groups are complaining, if they dont come forward lets oust them out ourselves!

I can't recall us being punished even by uefa for singing the billy boys, Warned ? Yess but not punished. the only thing uefa punish us for is the crowd trouble which has happend in spain manchester and Romania and more places maybe I can't recall.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/5064472.stm

Considering we have already been censured by uefa it isn't really "whataboutary" (not sure you have grasped what that word is actually meant to mean) Exactly the sort of answer i expected to be honest.

I do know what that word means. It's in relation if if's and but's.

I was led to believe UEFA told Rangers is was a Scottish cultural issue? we were singing Billy Boys in places like Barcelona, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen in the aftermath, loudly, why no fines and bans?

anyway, Im away to get pished. Have a nice night. Hopefully the other lads continue you and Slingers education.

thats quite a statment considering they have warned us twice about it.

but you just get your head down nice and deep in the sand and who knows you might be right.

Lol you say what you want and believe what you want if you dont want to sing it then up to you i havent got a problem but for the people that do want to sing then just leave us to it we all do what we want ;) If you think anyone in Scotland would punish us you are deluded , the Billy Boys has been sung at home games for a while and it gets sung at the majority of the away games, nothing has happened and nothing will

you know what when my club asks me not to do something because they are worried about the consequences of doing it i listen.

sure maybe your all right and you can belt it out all you want and noone will say a word and maybe it will go the other way and we will be sanctioned

but i tell you what the club wont get into bother for anything i sing at matches that for sure.

you guys do what you thinks right and ill do what rangers ask.

I was led to believe UEFA told Rangers is was a Scottish cultural issue? we were singing Billy Boys in places like Barcelona, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen in the aftermath, loudly, why no fines and bans?

anyway, Im away to get pished. Have a nice night. Hopefully the other lads continue you and Slingers education.

So you don't know what the word means and still haven't answered the question

Enjoy your bacardi breezers.....

Apart from when the chairman of the day told everyone the song was banned. They don't want the billy boys sung, people need to get over it.

This stupid debate about a song has gone on so long that the vast majority of people have stopped caring, myself included. People should just sing what they want, i'm sure you will all be man enough to take the consequences if ,or when, they come.....

Who cares what celtic say or how they say it.

Who is he to tell me what i can sing and what i can't........especially when it doesn't contravene any acts whether racist or sectarian.

you are sitting here arguing and you dont even have a clue what went on.

unbelievable.

you know what when my club asks me not to do something because they are worried about the consequences of doing it i listen.

sure maybe your all right and you can belt it out all you want and noone will say a word and maybe it will go the other way and we will be sanctioned

but i tell you what the club wont get into bother for anything i sing at matches that for sure.

You keep doin as your told and we'll make up our own minds

Fair enough but why have they not followed this up with more fines or ban's as it has been heard clearly in a good few more of the CL matches ?

No idea, doesn't mean they don't have the pwoer to.

I agree that it seems to have been dropped by the authorities but i don't think it's worth the risk. As i have said multiple times in this thread, and seems to have been ignored, sing what you want but if UEFA do come calling people can't complain if we get hammered and people will know exactly who to blame

I don't think the SPL will touch it while the tims use that word in the McCourt song.

Can of worms.

yeah their a pretty fair and impartial orgonisation when it comes to us.

i dont think they will make us play a game 4 days before a uefa final not after they gave the vermin 7 days of. oh wait i think they might have done that already.

How about the club start defending us better etc etc ,without the fans there would be no club

Who is he to tell me what i can sing and what i can't........especially when it doesn't contravene any acts whether racist or sectarian.

He owns the club, he sets the rules.

I don't know the scottish sectarian breach laws that well, as they were introduced around the time i left the country, but can you not get done under that for singing the billy boys ? I am sure i have read cases online where people have ?

good luck with that in court. i promise you you can be arrested and convicted for sectarian breach for singing the billy boys.