The Billy Boys

djbroxybear

No idea, doesn't mean they don't have the pwoer to.

I agree that it seems to have been dropped by the authorities but i don't think it's worth the risk. As i have said multiple times in this thread, and seems to have been ignored, sing what you want but if UEFA do come calling people can't complain if we get hammered and people will know exactly who to blame

I can see were your coming from now mate, It is a risk but I don't think it should be and will continue to sing the song as I love it. Nothing to do with myself like gunslinger has been going on about I just think there is no better atmosphere anywhere when this is being sung by all quarters of the ground.

He owns the club, he sets the rules.

I don't know the scottish sectarian breach laws that well, as they were introduced around the time i left the country, but can you not get done under that for singing the billy boys ? I am sure i have read cases online where people have ?

you can and people have

good luck with that in court. i promise you you can be arrested and convicted for sectarian breach for singing the billy boys.

Well for a start any court listens to evidence , there is no evidence to prove that it is sectarian therefore can't be charged with said offence ;)

I don't know the scottish sectarian breach laws that well, as they were introduced around the time i left the country, but can you not get done under that for singing the billy boys ? I am sure i have read cases online where people have ?

Yes i know a few people who have got charged for it, but fuck it

Hullo Hullo :craphead:

I can see were your coming from now mate, It is a risk but I don't think it should be and will continue to sing the song as I love it. Nothing to do with myself like gunslinger has been going on about I just think there is no better atmosphere anywhere when this is being sung by all quarters of the ground.

50000 people sining agado would create an atmosphere and not get us into bother.

So sick of this debate. I will sing this song loud and proud for as long as I am a Rangers fan which, of course is until the day I die.

The handwringers on here make a lot of posts hard to read, an embarrassment to themselves. Really fed up with it.

I will be up to my knees tonight at Ibrox, I hope others will be with me.

So sick of this debate. I will sing this song loud and proud for as long as I am a Rangers fan which, of course is until the day I die.

The handwringers on here make a lot of posts hard to read, an embarrassment to themselves. Really fed up with it.

I will be up to my knees tonight at Ibrox, I hope others will be with me.

I'll be with you mate (tu)

The word fenian is not sectarian,it's a word describing an individual who will fight for or support the armed struggle to free Ireland from Britain.....a struggle i disagree with and a people who are against what i believe in.

He had no right to ban a song that is sung by countless clubs over the UK and a song UEFA didn't give a shit about until Scotlands Republican press brought it to their attention and even then it was down to a bitter Irish member of UEFA who pushed it through.

We were fined for Fuck the Pope not the Billy Boys

good luck with that in court. i promise you you can be arrested and convicted for sectarian breach for singing the billy boys.

Forgive me if I dismiss your opinion out of hand, I just find it difficult to believe that anyone showing such a poor grasp of basic punctuation & spelling would have a good grasp of such a cloudy issue as this. Unless you're a police officer, in which case I applaude you for being at semi-literate at least.

billy boys. is about billy fularton look him up.

and to think people are preaching to me about traditions.

no wonder my hairs fallen out.

I don't wish to be pedantic, but I do not think Mr Fularton was working at the Boyne.

On the 12th day of July you'll find us in the walk

With our brother Orangemen, Sandy, Bill and Jock

Billy is our hero, he beat them at the Boyne :crabflute:

Forgive me if I dismiss your opinion out of hand, I just find it difficult to believe that anyone showing such a poor grasp of basic punctuation & spelling would have a good grasp of such a cloudy issue as this. Unless you're a police officer, in which case I applaude you for being at semi-literate at least.

you got me i am dyslexic congrats.

you got me i am dyslexic congrats.

I have been going to ibrox for 26 years i may even have sung it once or twice myself...... :craphead:

The days are past for me now but if people want to sing it they are going to.

you got me i am dyslexic, but i am not stupid.

I think we all know where the club stand on this, we have been warned about it numerous times and UEFA have acted on it in the past.

But saying that... I am surprised that none of our supporter clubs have took some type of legal action on this, to clear this up once and for all.

fuck me 1st was right you do make stuff up :lol: so courts don't listen to evidence then , thats a new one on me :lol:

and the guy who know people who have been convicted as i do?

your post was utter rubbish evidence is only part of what courts do.

ie officer did you hear this man sing the billy boys

yes your honour i did.

thats evidence. then they make judgments right down to percieved offence and all sort.

recently people were convicted of singing the famien song chorous and the justice said it could offend peole who knew what the rest of the song was.

your arging that something that already has happened cant happen. youd be as well saying their cant be a world war.