rooney signs new deal at UTD

There is no way Rooney will stay for another 5 years. Rooney has blemished his status given to him by the United fans. His statements may well of been mis-interpreted but he's not shown much respect to his fellow team-mates or the fans.

Rooney will leave this summer or the next for about an extra £15 million, give or take. Manchester United aren't stupid, they know teams dislike spending large amounts of money in January unless they need too.

This whole ordeal has not helped Wayne Rooney at all, it may help United in the future with selling prices, but lets see how the United fans react to Wayne at the next match. His 'brand' will certainly have lost alot of brand loyality.

A few quotes from United fans on redcafe.

Hope he leaves in the summer, I can never cheer his name again.

Maybe time will mellow my attitude, but I hope not.

I'll never look at him in the same way again. Wish he'd never signed a new contract to be honest.

I'll support him, but he will never be a great in my eyes, after his selfish behavior. Spoiled brat.

This doesn't prove anything of course, but not alot are disagreeing with him. He will cause a huge rift in the United support and maybe even in the dressing room.

Why did Fergie not slam the door shut on him like he would of done with any other players? He see's Wayne almost as family imo.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think Rooneys agent is that daft? If Ferguson tells him hes leaving in the summer Rooney will just turn round and say only if you give me £50 Million to go away

All Fergie has to do is not play him, and Rooney will ask away.

Yep on Sky Sports News. WTF. PR Stunt or just an empty headed scouser it doesnt matter. It just shows the current state of football, when did you ever think you would see Fergie & a club like Man U get caught up and exposed in something like this.

All Fergie has to do is not play him, and Rooney will ask away.

Garbage, If Man U dont play him they need to replace him and if he refuses to move then they are stuck and cant afford to replace them. The agent speak will come out to say Wayne loves it here, doesnt want to move, is getting forced out, will stay and fight for his place etc which really means weigh us in and we'll leave...The exact same lying tactic Boyds agent used two years ago.

You've been living on the moon for the last 15 years if you think that will happen.

Unlikely as it is yes he may leave in the Summer but if he does you can be assured his agent has clauses in the contract to protect him guaranteeing a pay off if Man U break his contract.

Disagree that this is just so Man Utd getting a bigger fee for him

They offered him £110,000 a week. He rejected

They came back yesterday with £180,000 a week. He accepted

So it wasn't about the quality of players man u where signing but rather the size of his pay check every week.

I dont like man u but this horrible little cunt has held them out to ransom.

I heard he signed because Lennon couldn't guarantee him first team football at the poops. He was to be signed as an understudy to Samaras. :craphead:

Honestly though, I reckon he's been bunged an extra 20k per week to keep his mouth shut, keep playing and will still be punted in the summer.

All a big trick by Fergie IMO, if Rooney thinks the squad isn't good enough, then what's changed? he's got more cash and Fergie's probably got a commitment from the Glazers to spend money on the club.

Fergie's not daft, any other player saying what Rooney supposedly said about the club would be out the door and what about Rooney's team mates?...he still thinks they are not good enough.

It's all smoke and mirrors :sherlock:

A lot of shit being talked here.

A few points

1. Fergie is a genius at this game, he’s been doing it for 25 years. It’s Fergie that won this not Roonie or his Anti Christ Agent

2. Roonie wont really have had that big an input in all this because he’s thick. if you told him the World was flat he’d believe you. If anything it’s him that;s been the pawn in all this.

3. This is an agent driven agenda, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was his agent that leaked the story about him shagging whores.

4. This is the main issue......TIME HEALS EVERYTHING. The Man U fan will forgive him once he bangs in Goals. Look at Rangers with Mo Jo and Miller.

5. He wont be sold this season or next. Man U WILL rebuild, there’s no grey area here. This is Manchester United after all.

if he was driven by money, i dont see what hes got to gain by signing a new contract

he had already said he wanted to leave, he could sat it out until january or maybe next summer and the club he was joining wouldve got him alot cheaper than they would now hes signed

meaning his agent could say to x y or z 'youve got him cheap, so the money youve saved give him x amount extra on his wage'

i think hes bin given the assurances he was looking for, Fergie said himself 'they promote from within and invest when the time is right' i think the majority of us would agree the time is right

Giggs, Scholes, Van der Sar need replaced pronto,, Ferdinand looking as though hes not got long left in him,, Carrick, Vidic, Evra, O'shea, Hargreaves and Park all 29/30 years old,, they are an ageing side,, in 5 year when Rooney is 29 aw these players are 34/35

i think this will be the start of Ferguson building one last great side before retiring in 2 or 3 year

just my opinion

All a big trick by Fergie IMO, if Rooney thinks the squad isn't good enough, then what's changed? he's got more cash and Fergie's probably got a commitment from the Glazers to spend money on the club.

Fergie's not daft, any other player saying what Rooney supposedly said about the club would be out the door and what about Rooney's team mates?...he still thinks they are not good enough.

It's all smoke and mirrors :sherlock:

Nail on head.

I wish people would stop acting as if they can see through events or are in the know.

It could be a tactic for a bigger trasnfer fee, he could play for Man Utd the rest of his career. It could have been his advisors persuading him cos he's so thick or it could have all been Rooney's greed......etc etc

The fact is nobody knows the details, so stop surmising cluelessly. It's annoying!

I wish people would stop acting as if they can see through events or are in the know.

It could be a tactic for a bigger trasnfer fee, he could play for Man Utd the rest of his career. It could have been his advisors persuading him cos he's so thick or it could have all been Rooney's greed......etc etc

The fact is nobody knows the details, so stop surmising cluelessly. It's annoying!

It's obvious that Rooney, Ferguson and Rupert Murdoch are colluding in the mother of all PR stunts.

He'll play for Utd for another few weeks, and then get 'caught' shagging SAF's wife. Cue transfer to City and record TV coverage for the next Manchester derby.

Ferguson gets more money for players, Rooney gets to write the best football-Biography in history and Sky get 1million new subscribers.

If you can't see that I feel sorry for you.

It's obvious that Rooney, Ferguson and Rupert Murdoch are colluding in the mother of all PR stunts.

He'll play for Utd for another few weeks, and then get 'caught' shagging SAF's wife. Cue transfer to City and record TV coverage for the next Manchester derby.

Ferguson gets more money for players, Rooney gets to write the best football-Biography in history and Sky get 1million new subscribers.

If you can't see that I feel sorry for you.

lol, silly me :craphead: