Official , Alan Pardew Newcastle Manager

Pardew was treated horrifically by West Ham after getting them promoted and then taking them to an FA Cup final, but appointing someone who's been sacked by Charlton and Southampton in the last 3 years is a big risk. I didn't really get the Hughton hype though. I think people were just won over by his nice guy act, i don't think he's a top class manager nor will he ever be. Sure he stabilised the club, but nice guys tend to have that affect. Getting them promoted with their resources wasn't a massive shock, and considering the likes of Paul Jewell, Billy Davies, Tony Mowbray, Gary Megson have got teams promoted in recent times, it's not a sign that the manager is brilliant

Pardew will not get Newcastle any further up the league table than Hughton would have , even though Hughton is a kinda rookie manager , he must have a better record than Pardew , and imo Pardew will not play as thrilling football as Hughtons team either , wether Pardew wins by playing defensive type football gets him results ,their fans will not take to him , imo wont last a year - 18 month

Pardew was treated horrifically by West Ham after getting them promoted and then taking them to an FA Cup final, but appointing someone who's been sacked by Charlton and Southampton in the last 3 years is a big risk. I didn't really get the Hughton hype though. I think people were just won over by his nice guy act, i don't think he's a top class manager nor will he ever be. Sure he stabilised the club, but nice guys tend to have that affect. Getting them promoted with their resources wasn't a massive shock, and considering the likes of Paul Jewell, Billy Davies, Tony Mowbray, Gary Megson have got teams promoted in recent times, it's not a sign that the manager is brilliant

Fishy fishy.

for fuck sake, we will struggle now.

5 & a half years ? fuck off, that' fucking crazy.

he is a really shite manager.

Bull. I wouldn't say he's a really shit manager. I think he's decent, but no better than Hughton.

Though with the fans already against him and his players against him also, it'll be hard for him to do better Hughton.

Look at his time at West Ham, first season he led them to the play off's were they lost in the final. Next season he gained promotion through the play-offs. Next season they finished 9th in the league (Not with Tevez and Mascherano). Not forgetting being a bawhair away from winning the FA cup if it wasn't for Gerrard. All in all a 41% win percentage isn't too shabby.

I think he could do well at Newcastle under different circumstances, but will struggle as he's seen as 'Ashely's' man.

Aww jeez, a 5 and a half year deal? that is ridiculous, they have gone through how many mangers? the last thing they want to do is tie down a fairly unsuccessful journeyman manager down to a lengthy deal that will scream big pay off when it all goes pear shaped

Pardew is actually a better manager than people give him credit for.

He laid the foundations for Coppell at Reading and he did a good to excellent job at West Ham too.

His tenure at Charlton was a disastar but they were already doomed after the Ian Dowie/Les Reed debacle and relegation is never easy to deal with, especially when you lose the core of your team.

He's already pissing against the wind, because he's Ashley's appointment but he'll keep Newcastle in mid table and probably win people outside of Newcastle over.

It would be bad enough to appoint Pardew on a deal until the summer but a deal until 2016 <cr>

I hope Newcastle go down for the way they have treated Chris Hughton. He might not be the most experienced manager but he took Newcastle back into the Premiership at the first attempt with ease, has them sitting in a decent position, took a point of Chelsea, beat Villa 6-0, beat Sunderland 5-1 and beat Arsenal at the Emirates... and this is the way they treat him.