Jamie Ness

AGM_72

I sometimes wonder if some of our supporters have a fucking clue what constitutes a football player.

If Jamie Ness never contributed ANYTHING to todays game, we are in for a fucking treat when he does decide to do something.

I despair at some of these comments on here at times...I really do.

Oh BTW! "Shielded" is indeed a word. (tu)

(tu)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See people that are slagging off Ness, away and take your face for a shite. Probably listened to the game on the radio.

What did he do? Well, he was the only player to find a Rangers player with a pass, whether it was 5 yards, or 60 yards. A few heavy passes, but that's to be expected.

He stuck the foot in, shielded (is that a word?) the ball, stood strong. He went looking for the ball, retained possession, held his position, tried to play right back, holding midfield, attacking midfield... He turned players inside out at times, and never gave up. Tried to get up and support Miller, but the ball to Miller was that bad, that the wee man had to turn and burst his bollocks to get back due to the crap from the likes of Davis, McCulloch, Bougherra and Weir.

He opened up play, and broke it down. Just a pity we had no width or movement. His first start (right?) in a Rangers jersey, and he never let anyone down.

Whilst Davis, Weiss, McCulloch and Whittaker, went missing, Ness tried to hold the midfield. An absolute work horse, a good passer of a ball, intelligent, strong and gave his all.

If the other 10 (a bit harsh on Miller) had the same heart, passion, desire, committment... we would have won today.

We've got a player who can play, and he must not be overlooked by the manager!

Well played, a credit to yourself :clap:

Fucking too right. He can play CM and the people who say he can't have been had their heads buried in McCullochs and Edu's arse for too long and getting the idea that that's how a CM should play. He did everything a CM should do. Not glamorous but did his job and also ran himself into the ground trying to do McCullochs and Davis's too.

We lost because :

1) They wanted it more than us.

2) Our big players didn't turn up.

3) In the second half Celtic were beating us all over the park and Walter didn't change a thing,

then they scored. At that point the game was pretty much over.

Not because Jamie Ness was out of his depth. Far from it.

I really think big jig's time is up, he doesn't have the quality for us. I think Edu is a good player but everyone writes him off, but we certainly have a cracking set of youth's coming through right now. Hutton, Ness, Wylde, Fleck, and Loy have lots of talent.

He was the best player on the park, made everything look easy, the balls that he was playing were great! His turning away from players is great, he has great vision and awareness, he is also very composed.

I feel though, that for what lead up to the penalty, he should have tackled Samaras as he was there for the taking, as he matched him for speed but just let him run past.

If he was more experienced he would have taken out Samaras without question. I would happily send McCulloch packing and play either him or Hutton instead.

These two will at least improve and offer energy, McCulloch won't/can't and isn't a CM. He's a Rangers fan so that apparently makes it ok because he bleeds blue.

Make him a fucking mascot then. And whilst he's putting his costume on he should give Davis a kick up the arse.

am i the only one that thinks that Ness looked better because we were fucking awful

After his first couple of charlie adam passes in behind a horribly out of position celtic right back, he then proceeded to do nothing out of the ordinary, yes he managed to pass it okay to the people around him, but so do the rest of the shite in our team, when it came to invention, intelligence etc, he was nothing better than anyone else in the team

also he tried that 50 yard pass far too often and it was inevitably read and dealt with by a celtic defence that has been a shambles all season

solid debut yes, but nothing else

am i the only one that thinks that Ness looked better because we were fucking awful

After his first couple of charlie adam passes in behind a horribly out of position celtic right back, he then proceeded to do nothing out of the ordinary, yes he managed to pass it okay to the people around him, but so do the rest of the shite in our team, when it came to invention, intelligence etc, he was nothing better than anyone else in the team

also he tried that 50 yard pass far too often and it was inevitably read and dealt with by a celtic defence that has been a shambles all season

solid debut yes, but nothing else

I have to agree. In the first 15 mins, his passing was great, but after that, he didn't really contribute that much going forward. He was ok with the short passes, but i'm afraid that was about it. I do however think, he could play a big part for us this season, as long as McCulloch doesn't play alongside him. IMO, he's better than McCulloch. At the end of the day, he was ok, but not that great.

He was the best Rangers player on the pitch today, that in itself should surely give the others a kick up the arse. I appreciate Walter using his youth now, Ness has to start the next game after that performance.

Ness's touch, ability to run with the ball, get out of pressure situations and still have the ball at his feet far exceeds Lee Mccullochs and for that reasons I would get Lee to fuck...

Said it in the other thread but Ness, after his bright spell did fade a little but at least he was trying positive passes, Lee Mcculloch was far to quick to shift the responsibility and went missing far too much. Jamie Ness impressed me today.

Ness's touch, ability to run with the ball, get out of pressure situations and still have the ball at his feet far exceeds Lee Mccullochs and for that reasons I would get Lee to fuck...

Said it in the other thread but Ness, after his bright spell did fade a little but at least he was trying positive passes, Lee Mcculloch was far to quick to shift the responsibility and went missing far too much. Jamie Ness impressed me today.

mccullochs job isnt to do the positive passes though, he is there to link the defence to the likes of weiss and davis so we arent relying on the high balls

ness is the best of our youth, he just has the wrong manager....played today dropped next game, just like hutton v man u........good enough for europe but not for the spl, it`s just crazy

You would like to think that he may get played in the next game, but................................

He was certainly one of if not the best player today imo and people that are slating him should take a step back from the result. I know its a sore one like every defeat but we will come back from this. Just remember this is Ness's first first team start ffs in probably the biggest fixture he will ever play in , honestly what were people expecting ? to rip celtic to shreds himself fs he outshone the far more experienced players in a poor team performance today. He can only get better with experience and that he will get alot of this season i think. Solid debut in a very very tough match and more than just a bit of the barry fergusons about him aswell.

mccullochs job isnt to do the positive passes though, he is there to link the defence to the likes of weiss and davis so we arent relying on the high balls

the 50 yard passes were a joke could they not see it wasnt working, think it was on once in second half wen miller went into a channel and it was cut out

Head and shoulders above everyone else on our team today.

Went looking for the ball, sprayed some lovely passes about, got stuck in, always looking forward and showed some responsibility. A 19 year old Jamie Ness or a 32 year old Lee McCulloch? No brainer for me.