Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

any club selling its best player in january is taking a huge risk. this may not stop us winning the league but it will make it considerably harder. its not like we can get two players with the money.

and as for our usual accepting the first bid trick pathetic.

We will. It's inevitable.

oh right so what are the banks view on this? we getting the cash, plus the freed up wages, whats changed ? as much as i would like to think all is rosy i cant help feel there is more to come

Just came in and fucking shocked out my dial !

Can someone give me a quick summary, my mate shouted across the street to me about this when I was coming in and all he said was Rangers have accepted a bid in the region of £750,000 for Miller and he is thinking about it?!?!

oh right so what are the banks view on this? we getting the cash, plus the freed up wages, whats changed ? as much as i would like to think all is rosy i cant help feel there is more to come

We wouldn't have made a bid for Goodwillie (or anyone) without the bank's permission

Goodwillie is nothing special. Certainly not Rangers quality. I'd rather keep Miller until the summer and lose him on a free. The Champions League money generated would be far greater than whatever Birmingham will be paying.

any club selling its best player in january is taking a huge risk. this may not stop us winning the league but it will make it considerably harder. its not like we can get two players with the money.

and as for our usual accepting the first bid trick pathetic.

We're selling Bougherra or Naismith?? :ohmy:

Miller is no where near our best player, although I do agree it is a risk!

I don't know the banks view on it. I don't work for the bank.

You don't think Goodwillies wages are going to be the same as what Millers are just now surely?

Just came in and fucking shocked out my dial !

Can someone give me a quick summary, my mate shouted across the street to me about this when I was coming in and all he said was Rangers have accepted a bid in the region of £750,000 for Miller and he is thinking about it?!?!

That's basically all we have just now mate. A bid being accepted believed to be around £700k.

Also, we had a bid rejected from Dundee Utd for Goodwillie, believed to be around £750k.

We wouldn't have made a bid for Goodwillie (or anyone) without the bank's permission

but i understand they refused that, banks gonna give us more than we take in ? its all guess work here

We're selling Bougherra or Naismith?? :ohmy:

Miller is no where near our best player, although I do agree it is a risk!

Neither is Bougherra or Naismith.

Davis and McGregor yes.

Seriously do you think Miller will score another 21 goals? He hit a bit of form for the first time in his career but it was never going to last. Strikers like him either score loads or very very little and it seemed to me that his run qa coming to a end and Im glad we are cashing in.It may not be what we all wanted but its a decent amount for a 31 yearold who has 6 months left on his contract and is just about to pass his peak. We will replace him, and hopefully woth Bluewillie

If this is indeed happening lets hope that for once our business is conducted swiftly and professionally and we don't sell Miller tomorrow only to fanny about back and forwards til we finally get Goodwillie at midnight on the last day of the window. If indeed we get him at all...

Although i'm disappointed that Miller is leaving if it means we will go to a 4-4-2 formation then i'll be a little bit happy. Even if we don't get Goodwillie i think a Jelavic/Beattie strikeforce would be awesome.

Big danger is that Beattie is hardly ever fit and Jelavic will inevitably suffer from niggly injuries when he does return to playing.