Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Yes. Thanks Kenny. Thanks for choosing to stay loyal to the club until the end of the season, rather than jump ship for a big pay day. Thanks for wanting to stay rather than leave us searching for another 20 goal a season striker which would cost us more than we will get for you. Thanks for wanting to stay and help us try & win 3 in a row and hopefully secure champions league football next season. Thanks for having Rangers Football Club interests at heart rather that your own bank balance!

I applaud you Kenny! :praise:

And if he does a boyd and is shyt second half of the season all that you just said is gonni look stupid because you will have wanted him gone in hindsight

At which point we may not be able to sign Goodwillie.

As DBBTB suggested, that leaves us with no cash to replace Miller who leaves on a free and we have to waste a chunk of our transfer budget in the summer on a striker when we have other areas to improve.

I'm thinking positive.. win the league, qualify for the champions league then buy Goodwillie..

I'm sure he'd stick with Dundee Utd til the summer if he knew we'd be trying to sign him when Miller left.

I know there's a lot of 'ifs and buts' but that's the way I think.. I try to stay positive.

dont know what to make of him rejecting them tbh

Maybe he wants;

a) to wait until the end of the season for a good signing on fee with another club.

b) realises that Birmingham only play one forward and that forward needs to be able to win the ball in the air,needs instant control and be able to hold the ball up and knows he cannot do that.

c) wants to stay with us on a longer contract.

They would probably put some of the transfer fee towards his wages. It probably won't happen but it was only a suggestion.

I understand it was only a suggestion . But to many folk on here are so desperate to get rid of him , they forget the amount of money were paying the dud . Celtic are probably the only other team in Scotland that could pay his wages . As I said , unfortunately he is out of utd price range .

I would rather have goodwillie hands down. Its not because i dont like kenny hes doing us a turn but i would rather have a player on a 4/5 year deal who is only going to get better who is technically better and imo a naturally better finisher than miller(millers going through a streak) and probably just as quick and is only going to get better coming to a club like Rangers. Instead we will prob keep miller not get goodwillie and be fukin struggling in the summer to find a replacement if there is no takeover

I'm thinking positive.. win the league, qualify for the champions league then buy Goodwillie..

I'm sure he'd stick with Dundee Utd til the summer if he knew we'd be trying to sign him when Miller left.

I know there's a lot of 'ifs and buts' but that's the way I think.. I try to stay positive.

Fair enough mate.

If there's one thing we agree on, is that we believe we'll be champions by May (tu)

I still don't see the problem? that's the way CEO's work. Not just Martin Bain.

You trying to tell me if you were entitled to a 160 grand bonus for having a good years worth of results both on and off the park you'd say no?

i wouldnt blame bain for taking the money but that doesnt mean we should blandly accept him as chief exec.

he gets shat on by every chairman in the spl and any he comes across abroad.