Goodwillie charged with sexual assault

5cotland

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen innocent untill proven guilty, remember big mac went through the same thingand nobody is none the wiser if he was involved or not.

Of course, but unlike McGregor he has been charged and it would be perfectly reasonable to not touch him with a bargepole until this runs its course, guilty or not.

Innocent until proven guilty in the courts, but we won't go near him with that sort of thing hanging over him.

Ruled himself out of a move sadly, silly boy.

Dont know how people can call him an arsehole etc when hes not been found guilty

As I've said on numerous occasions over the last week or so , it's goodwillies off field antics that have put me off us signing him and it appears I have been correct .

I know it's innocent until proven guilty , but even being linked to this kind of thing does him or his club no good what so ever .

Hopefully we can drop our interest and look for someone else . There are better players out there , and more professional ones I would imagine .

Of course, but unlike McGregor he has been charged and it would be perfectly reasonable to not touch him with a bargepole until this runs its course, guilty or not.

Mac was charged but they were dropped due to no evidence!

Mac was charged but they were dropped due to no evidence!

He was questioned, not charged. There's a difference. There has to be significant evidence to charge someone with a crime, enough to be able to build a case to take to court.

Dundee United's David Goodwillie charged over rape

The Dundee United and Scotland footballer David Goodwillie has been charged with raping a woman at a New Year house party in West Lothian.

Lothian and Borders Police said the 21-year-old had been released on bail.

The charge comes after a 24-year-old woman reported being sexually assaulted during the house party in Armadale on 2 January.

Mr Goodwillie is due to appear at Livingston Sheriff Court at a later date.

Another Dundee United footballer, David Robertson, was also questioned by police about the allegation but has not been charged

In a statement, Lothian and Borders Police said: "A 21-year-old man has been charged in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault on a 24-year-old woman in Armadale on 2 January.

"The individual concerned has been released to appear at Livingston Sheriff Court at a later date.

"Inquiries into the incident are ongoing, and no further comment can be made at this time."

- BBC