Mr Andrew Webster

JM1872

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar one moment, when Rooney skinned him, he was solid as a rock, and he doesn't just blooter the ball, like our captain.

No joke, this long ball pish from Weir is embarrassing!

Good to see the big fella finally on the park again this season. As I said in a previous thread,Andy Webster was looking good in the Sydney pre-season untill he pulled up late on that glue pot field against Sydney FC.

For those who don't know/can't remember those games in Sydney, Walter was using them to bed-in his team system for the current season, which was to have Bougherra at R/B...Webster and Davie Weir in central defence and Broadfoot/Papac at L/B.

Obviously Webster's injury put the mockers on that, but don't be surprised to see it happen again when the games come thick and fast, if Webster can remain injury free.

watching from the broomloan last night, you could see his confidence is very low. To be expected after a period out of the game, but if that was a better team we were playing last night he might not have lasted the full 90. A few times the ICT attack managed to slip off him for cross balls, if they were more clnical in front of goal we may have been on here ripping him to bits.

I hope he takes confidence from last nights win, but he is out of contract in the summer and as far as i'm aware no new contract has been offered to him, i think he will be a bit part player for the remainder of the season and don't see Smith giving him a run of games.

Good to see the big fella finally on the park again this season. As I said in a previous thread,Andy Webster was looking good in the Sydney pre-season untill he pulled up late on that glue pot field against Sydney FC.

For those who don't know/can't remember those games in Sydney, Walter was using them to bed-in his team system for the current season, which was to have Bougherra at R/B...Webster and Davie Weir in central defence and Broadfoot/Papac at L/B.

Obviously Webster's injury put the mockers on that, but don't be surprised to see it happen again when the games come thick and fast, if Webster can remain injury free.

Oz, I was just about to post about him not being able to get a run of games. If Weir and Bougherra are fit and available WS would not drop either of them. I forgot that Bougherra is a more than capable RB. This setup could work really well in the SPL.

Here's hoping he can stay fit until the end of the season.

If he can stay injury free and get a string of games together then I wouldn't mind him stepping up. However I doubt he'll make it to the end of the season without picking up some other injury but I hope I'm wrong.

I think he should be starting WITH boughy. I know this won't happen, but we'd be stronger. That's not talking ill of the club captain. He does a fantastic job, for his age. A man 11 years his junior can do a better job for the rest of the season.

Sky Sports News - Andy Webster ruled out for the rest of the season after injury in Inverness game. :anguish:

I'm kidding. However, think if we drop him straight away may affect his confidence... Can we possibly subsidise it by putting Bougherra at RB?