Muff

my team for tonight , easy ! 2-1-7 formation

...............................shagger

...........................weir.....boogie

.................................ness

............weiss,lafferty,edu,davis,jelavic,fleck,wylde

McCulloch has never performed week in week out, yet is never dropped

An absolute farce if Ness is dropped and Big Lee keeps his place

I suppose thats where we have differing opinions - Lee is extremely consistent (and I can almost here the Lee haters saying 'consistently shite' - :lol:) but for me Lee adds a bit of steel, does the unglamerous stuff well, with the occasional falsh of brilliance. I would love for Ness to become the best midfielder in the world (and stay with us) but I am also realistic to understand that asking him to perform week in and week out at that age, with only (4?) first team games to his name is asking a lot and therefore, if fit, I would replce him, for this game, for Edu. Its just one of the types of close calls a manager has to make - if we went with a midfiled of Naismith Davis Ness and Weiss that a good few support then for me that looks weak defensively and see Davis, McCulloch, Edu and Naismith as a stronger looking unit. Its just an opinion :rolleyes:

I suppose thats where we have differing opinions - Lee is extremely consistent (and I can almost here the Lee haters saying 'consistently shite' - :lol:) but for me Lee adds a bit of steel, does the unglamerous stuff well, with the occasional falsh of brilliance. I would love for Ness to become the best midfielder in the world (and stay with us) but I am also realistic to understand that asking him to perform week in and week out at that age, with only (4?) first team games to his name is asking a lot and therefore, if fit, I would replce him, for this game, for Edu. Its just one of the types of close calls a manager has to make - if we went with a midfiled of Naismith Davis Ness and Weiss that a good few support then for me that looks weak defensively and see Davis, McCulloch, Edu and Naismith as a stronger looking unit. Its just an opinion :rolleyes:

He is consistently mediocre. I'd rather have someone who played well 7 games out of 10, and poorly in the other 3, than someone who was consistently average every single week

Edu and Ness for me

McCulloch was poor on Saturday (suprise - suprise).

Ness has only started 5 games on the trot.

McCulloch was not poor on Sat (IMHO)

Ok you win - Ness has played 5 on the trot not 4 - sorry, my bad. But my rational still stands - I hope Ness works out to be better than Messi and stays with us till he retires - but at the moment, if Edu is fit I would give Ness a break.

There's a good few going for Naismith, Davis, Ness and Weiss but for me Davis McCulloch Edu Naismith looks more solid and still creative. If Ness stayed and Edu was benched it would not have me in despair. Ness looks great (potential) but youth and consistency are not great partners.

He is consistently mediocre. I'd rather have someone who played well 7 games out of 10, and poorly in the other 3, than someone who was consistently average every single week

Edu and Ness for me

... and just watch us slaughter said player for inconsistency and being shite. Lee is no where near as bad as many make out and for me he is a first pick.

(TBD: McGregor, Papac, Weir, Bougherra, McCulloch, Naismith, Davis would be my other instant picks if fit

Whittaker, (A fit)Broadfoot, and Lafferty are close to being first choices - Beattie, Fleck, Edu, Ness, Hutton, Wylde, Weiss then fill in dependant upon injuries etc. Others make up the squad as needed. I leave Jelavic out at the moment (has he played less than Ness? - I sure as hell hope he is making it to the first pick soon - but its to soon to judge: and for completeeness Alexander is of course 2nd choice keeper)

McCulloch got made look silly the last time we played Hibs at Ibrox, his constant fouling actually gave Hibs the platform they needed to put us on the back foot and they took full advantage of it.

Funnily enough when we won at Easter road, a certain Lee McCulloch wasn't in the team. Steven Davis and Edu was the CM partnership.

McCulloch got made look silly the last time we played Hibs at Ibrox, his constant fouling actually gave Hibs the platform they needed to put us on the back foot and they took full advantage of it.

Funnily enough when we won at Easter road, a certain Lee McCulloch wasn't in the team. Steven Davis and Edu was the CM partnership.

Ye but when we played them davis and edu didnt dominate the midfield.

We relied on weiss to change the game at the end

Ye but when we played them davis and edu didnt dominate the midfield.

We relied on weiss to change the game at the end

We were in front before Weiss come on in that game, Yes. Weiss come on and then the points were secure. But we were still in control and in front. Unlike the return game at Ibrox with McCulloch in the side.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:Naismith: :ness: :davis: :weiss:

:jelavic: :lafferty:

:jelavic:

LMAO at your sig, when'd he say that? He said something similar about Pulis too a few days after the OF with the Broadfoot 'dive,' when he went ape shit about the ref.