Derek Riordan

TeamHero

Do you know what you all sound like? You sound like the kind fan that was slagging Kenny when he was coming back and look at what he achieved.

Who cares if Riordan was on the bench at Celtic. Look at Charlie Adam since he left us.... As long as the lad comes in and does a job and wants to play for us then I'd take him. He has bags of talent which only shows once every 10 games or so. Who's to say the Rangers coaching team can't get it coming through one in two games.

Far too quick to shoot the lad down.

This.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Derek Riordan signs for us then thats it for me I'm afraid, I'm launching myself off a bridge. He's a dirty bead rattler who has no class, he's absolutely pish the majority of games and is a SCUMBAG

Erskine or kingston bridge?

He's an inconsistent, bad tempered player who can't consistently get goals or assists and who is struggling to stand out for one of the league's poorest sides.

He's a perfect example of the kind of SPL player who occasionally, very fucking occasionally, does something brilliant and it makes people forget all about the 5 or 6 shite performances that preceded it, and that will likely follow it.

I'd rather Fleck, Weiss, Lafferty, Naismith, Jelavic, Beattie or Wylde play ahead of any notion he disgraces our wing or strikeforce.

This (tu)

you can go on about new management team and blah blah blah but if im not mistaken he is onto his 3rd management team and only performed now and again for his first coach .....

He's an inconsistent, bad tempered player who can't consistently get goals or assists and who is struggling to stand out for one of the league's poorest sides.

He's a perfect example of the kind of SPL player who occasionally, very fucking occasionally, does something brilliant and it makes people forget all about the 5 or 6 shite performances that preceded it, and that will likely follow it.

I'd rather Fleck, Weiss, Lafferty, Naismith, Jelavic, Beattie or Wylde play ahead of any notion he disgraces our wing or strikeforce.

That is one of the worst, inaccurate posts Ive heard on this debate. He is the 3rd highest scorer in SPL history so hardly inconsistent? Our team i full of shitebags who cant put in a decent tackle maybe a bit of aggression, be it bad tempered or not is good thing for us. And he is a fantastic finisher, he scores goals from outside the box when infact nobody in our team even thinks about hitting shots from that distance. And he can hit a free kick which is another thing we sorely miss.

Your "argument" stems from your dislike of him as a person and the fact he played for them.

This (tu)

you can go on about new management team and blah blah blah but if im not mistaken he is onto his 3rd management team and only performed now and again for his first coach .....

I agree he does look like he struggles to get himself motivated or turn up a lot of the time but he still produces!

12 and 13 Goals in the past 2 seasons and hes got 8 already this season in 19 games, not bad for someone playing in a terrible Hibs squad!

If he did sign it would depend on the price...if it was a Bamba fee, 200-300k then it would be a great deal IMO.

That is one of the worst, inaccurate posts Ive heard on this debate. He is the 3rd highest scorer in SPL history so hardly inconsistent? Our team i full of shitebags who cant put in a decent tackle maybe a bit of aggression, be it bad tempered or not is good thing for us. And he is a fantastic finisher, he scores goals from outside the box when infact nobody in our team even thinks about hitting shots from that distance. And he can hit a free kick which is another thing we sorely miss.

Your "argument" stems from your dislike of him as a person and the fact he played for them.

Thats spot on for a lot people mate,

Ive met the guy a few times and worked with his mate for nearly 3years!

Hes been sound anytime ive spoken to him and he might be a catholic but hes a Hibs fan through and through!

I agree he does look like he struggles to get himself motivated or turn up a lot of the time but he still produces!

12 and 13 Goals in the past 2 seasons and hes got 8 already this season in 19 games, not bad for someone playing in a terrible Hibs squad!

If he did sign it would depend on the price...if it was a Bamba fee, 200-300k then it would be a great deal IMO.

i would expect he has since he doesnt pass to his teammates :lol:

I'll take yer ticket for the remainder of the season and watch him ping in a 30 yard lob for 3 in a row, last game of the season.

If we sign that wee republican sympathising chunt they will be having ma season ticket back ffs , and undoubtedly many more

Thats spot on for a lot people mate,

Ive met the guy a few times and worked with his mate for nearly 3years!

Hes been sound anytime ive spoken to him and he might be a catholic but hes a Hibs fan through and through!

When Kenny Miller came back no one was more angry than me but look at how the fans changed. If Riordan could produce on the park then their opinions will change. And Riordan didnt score against us and celebrate by punching the badge either :rolleyes:

Id take him because we have a threadbare squad, he's very cheap and he's different from what we have got.

More "Sky Sports understands...."

Gers consider Riordan move

Skysports.com understands Rangers are considering a move for Hibernian forward Derek Riordan to boost their attacking options.

Rangersspacer.gif have lost Kenny Millerspacer.gif to Bursaspor this month and have also missed out on Derby Countyspacer.gif attacker Kris Commons, who is poised to join Old Firm rivals Celtic.spacer.gif

Former Celtic striker Riordanspacer.gif has now emerged as a potential target for Gers boss Walter Smithspacer.gif ahead of the closure of the transfer window.

Smith is trying to improve his squad and is weighing up whether to make an offer for the Scotland international.

Riordan has started Hibs' last two SPL matches on the bench and appeared as a second-half substitute in Wednesday's 2-0 home defeat by Rangers.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and he would be a cut-price option for Gers in the quest to replace the departed Miller.

wacko.gif

He used to be real gem at Hibs and I really wanted him at Gers but he choose Celtic instead. Since that decision he has just went downhill although I never felt he had a fair chance at Celtic but since returning to Hibs he has scored a couple of decent goals but hasn't looked the player he used to be.

Riordan should move asap to the Championship! Fresh start, away from whatever troubles he has off the field here in Scotland.

He should NOT move to Rangers. He could still turn out to be a really decent player but not at Rangers, would be a bad move for him, and an even worse move for us. We have young players, I'd like to see them get a shout instead.

I have not seen Riordan play but I know lots about him from reading over the years. I know that he can score goals but how is he different from what we have? Is he the Kenny/Nacho kind of runner? Can someone fill me in?

I dunno who i would describe him hes got a bit of pace but nowhere near as quick as Nacho or Miller...This is an older video of him, scores some pretty good goals with both feet!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP-_61GP1g

I dunno who i would describe him hes got a bit of pace but nowhere near as quick as Nacho or Miller...This is an older video of him, scores some pretty good goals with both feet!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP-_61GP1g

Hey Del,

Thanks for clip! I know he played for the tims but dont u think that if we can get him in for a few hunderd thou that it would be a good deal? I mean he certainly seems to know where the goal is. Dont hunt me for this as I genuinely don't know but apart from the obvious, why are people so against this guy?

Hey Del,

Thanks for clip! I know he played for the tims but dont u think that if we can get him in for a few hunderd thou that it would be a good deal? I mean he certainly seems to know where the goal is. Dont hunt me for this as I genuinely don't know but apart from the obvious, why are people so against this guy?

No problem mate,

I could make a video and put it on youtube and look good so its not the be all and end all haha!

I think depending on the price (he would surely be cheaper than Goodwille) then i think he would be well worth it.

Hes got a repuation of being a bit of a baad boy, fighting in clubs and stuff like that, most are against him though because he played for them!

He takes a great set piece, good on the ball and can finish well with both feet!

If the price was right i would be all for it!

Riordan for 100k I would take. anything over that is a no go!

100k for a guy that knows where the goal is, I'm sure walter and ally would sort him out and he'd be a better option that lafferty, Beattie etc!

But smith will prbably play him wide left in a 4-5-1.

Turns out my souces weren't as shite as originally thought :sherlock:

I'd not welcome him to the club with open arms, however, He does have what it takes and shows glimpses at times of what we need. I Reckon if he bagged a goal against the tims, everyone would be quick to suck up to him and praise him.

On The Fence Loyal (tu)

Derek Fucking Riordan :anguish:

Were to start with this fenian scrote? He played for the tims, hates our club, is a scumbag on and off the pitch, barred from nearly every nightclub in Scotland, is fucking gash, bad attitude, throws the toys out the pram... Oh and he's a fenian scrote! Did I mention that one?

I would rather we keep any money we have than waste it on a waster like Riordan.

Hearing the comments on here it reminds me of when we brought Kenny back to the club. I don't have the knowledge of Riordan to make real comment but it seems as tho he is a player with a bit of ability and a terrible attitude. I guess when we are tight for money these players become options. Some times they will work out and some time not.

4th actually.

And despite having played in the SPL for longer than Kris Boyd, he's scored about 70 less goals.

That tells you something.

The top goalscorer list is only since 1998, so lets not get carried away and thinking Riordan is anything other than a slighty, ever so slightly, above average SPL player.