• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is he a talented footballer? - yes

Can he score goals? - yes

Can he do the unexpected that can change games in our favour?- yes

Is he cheap? - yes

Can he cover different positions? - yes

Would smith and mccosit calm him down off the field? - hopefully)(they handled worse than him)

Anything other than this is purely personal and not being judged as footballing issues

I would take him, yes he is a tim, but so was Miller and most fans seemed to accept him so therefore it is very hypocritical to use that arguement now.

Riordan was never given a chance at Celtic and can score 20 goals from midfield, has a great free kick and he would like nothing more to get it up the tims.

Derek Riordan is a very talented player that our coaching staff could improve.

Remember it was THE MAJORITY of Rangers fans that were booing Charlie Adam, a young man short of confidence with undoubted ability, look how much they know.

Going around Facebook from a few peeps that he's apparently on the way to Murray Park <cr>

Don't shoot the messenger.

Well I just shot the messenger because I am fed up reading and hearing about who said what on Facebook and Twitter!

I really dont get people sometimes. I could see people's point if Riordan had done a Paton, McGuire or Diamond etc... But not once has he been derogatory to our fans, or club. Yes he played for the tims and for Hibs and maybe has been brought up anti rangers but so was Whittaker and Thomson.

He's talented and cheap and right now we cant afford to turn that down, I wish it didnt come to this but it has now. So accept that we need players and he has ability so we cant lose. And to say hes a bad boy just look at McGregor, Gazza and Goram :)

I wish our team was full of talented, protestants who where world class, infact just classy players and honest men but in this day in age it aint going to happen. If this helps us to 3 in a row and Riordan proved to be a squad player then by all means ship him out in the summer and buy a quality replacement.

I really dont get people sometimes. I could see people's point if Riordan had done a Paton, McGuire or Diamond etc... But not once has he been derogatory to our fans, or club. Yes he played for the tims and for Hibs and maybe has been brought up anti rangers but so was Whittaker and Thomson.

He's talented and cheap and right now we cant afford to turn that down, I wish it didnt come to this but it has now. So accept that we need players and he has ability so we cant lose. And to say hes a bad boy just look at McGregor, Gazza and Goram :)

I wish our team was full of talented, protestants who where world class, infact just classy players and honest men but in this day in age it aint going to happen. If this helps us to 3 in a row and Riordan proved to be a squad player then by all means ship him out in the summer and buy a quality replacement.

Absolutely spot on. (tu)

Spot on, if all was ideal, we wouldn't even be looking at Riordan or Commons, but the harsh reality is, we are skint, we have a tiny squad which is badly in need of reinforcements, if Riordan is cheap, and can contribute in anyway to 3 in a row, I would welcome him.