***The Official Rangers vs. Bheggars Thread***

Muff

Regardless of what team we put out, we need to put their back 4 under pressure, that is one heap of shite they have yet they seem to get away untested every match.

(tu)

Been saying this all season ! whenever they have been put under pressure at the back they have fucking crumbled ! would rather have 2 up front but in jela we have a man who will cause them problems even if he is by himself but he will need a good bit of support which the wingers haven't been giving enough of in an attacking sense this year, if we were to play a 4-3-3 I would rather see the wingers stay up or at least one of them stay near jela so if he gets the ball he has an out ball as well !

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Edu Ness

Diouf__________________Naismith

Jelavic

(tu)

BUT I WILL GO FOR A SLIGHT ADJUSTMENT THERE BUDDY

__________________SHAGGER___________________

WHITTAKER____BOUGHERRA_____WEIR__________PAPAC

___DAVIS_______________EDU_____________NESS___

___________DIOUF______________NAISMITH___________

_____________________JELAVIC____________________

Diouf and naismith sitting in the hole behind the mhanks central midfield will cause them to 'hold'but when we attack their central defence will need to step on leaving the other exposed with jelavic,it will also put doubt in the minds of thier full backs bombing forward!

if the mhanks do get the ball wide 'davis edu and ness' will work across as a unit

2-0 jelavic and naisy

This is the most confident I've heard the tims in ages. We MUST win this game to show them we mean business. I know it's only a Cup game but at turning points in the season, it depends on momentum and who has the more confidence. Really pumped up for this on Sunday.

..............Shagger

Whittaker Bougie Weir Papac

.... Davis Ness Naismith

Weiss.......................Diouf

...............Jelavic

I'd go with something like that but prob more likely to see

............Shagger

Bartley Bougie Weir Papac

Whittaker Davis Edu Ness Naismith

.............Jelavic

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Weiss Davis Ness Naismith

Diouf

Jelavic

Ness to man mark Kayal, and Davis on Broon8 to be chasing Davis.

Straight into them, hard to leave out Lafferty thought he took his goal well, but it's either him or Weiss.

That sounds better to me. (tu)

If everyone is fit I think Watty will go..

McGregor

Whittaker Boughy Weir Papac

Diouf Davis Edu McCulloch Naismith

Jelavic

Only changes would be if Jelavic isn't fit then Lafferty and Ness for McCulloch if he isn't fit.

Mcgregor

Whitts Boughy Weir Papac

Davis Edu Ness/Mcculloch Naismith

Diouf

Jelavic

Smith will find it hard to drop lafferty and I really don't think he'll put diouf as a wide midfielder for this game - don't think tackling back is really a strong point for him.

.......................................mcgregor.........................................

.........................bartley........................weir.............................

^ ^ ^

whitty..................................boughy.....................................papac

v v v

.............davis.....................jig/edu.................ness......................

^

.....................................< diouf >.........................................

v

.......................................jelavic............................................

* 5 at the back with boughy giving the license to bomb forward and help midfield and attack.

* whitty and davis need to up their game from their current form,its worrying that they are both on the right side.

* possibly put davis at right back for whitty and weiss in right midfield.

* mcculloch first choice ahead of edu if fit

* diouf giving free role

.......................................mcgregor.........................................

.........................bartley........................weir.............................

^ ^ ^

whitty..................................boughy.....................................papac

v v v

.............davis.....................jig/edu.................ness......................

^

.....................................< diouf >.........................................

v

.......................................jelavic............................................

* 5 at the back with boughy giving the license to bomb forward and help midfield and attack.

* whitty and davis need to up their game from their current form,its worrying that they are both on the right side.

* possibly put davis at right back for whitty and weiss in right midfield.

* mcculloch first choice ahead of edu if fit

* diouf giving free role

Someones been playing too much football manager :craphead::P

Someones been playing too much football manager :craphead::P

:D seems that way doesnt it.just want to win this game so badly and numerous systems and players have came into my head.

feck having walters job.i would never get any sleep at night.

:D seems that way doesnt it.just want to win this game so badly and numerous systems and players have came into my head.

feck having walters job.i would never get any sleep at night.

Haha don't blame ye mate ;)!

Lets do this filth on Sunday!

I ain't going to predict Walter's team, he almost always throws in a suprise for these games.

If I was in charge, I'd go with Muff side.

We can't let them dominate the midfield area again, so often that's where these games are won and lost; Davis, Edu, Ness, McCulloch, Hutton? Whoever it may be, they must stamp their authority on the game. Crucial we win the midfield battle.

I can also see Jelavic being key in this game. We all know how good his touch and hold up play is and we need a similar type of game from him on Sunday. At Ibrox last month, every time the ball went up towards Miller the ball was coming right back at us more often than not. Majstorovic and Rogne were eating the long balls up all day long. We can't afford to play that ball again on Sunday, but a ball into feet could be a route we should exploit. Jelavic has the ability to take it into feet, control it and then give him the opportunity to turn and go at the defence or bring a teammate into play. With Majstorovic and Rogne both out then we have even more chance of doing that.

A must win on Sunday, we can't give them any more confidence than they've got at the moment. I know it's only the Scottish Cup but a result here could affect what happens in the title race.

With our recent performances it isn't looking good tbh but I reckon if we up our game and use their very weak defence to our advantage we can win this game by a goal or 2

I think the interesting thing is nobody can be sure how either team will line up.

They deserved their victory last time but I felt the actual analysis of the game was a bit overstated in their favour....that's also not normally how they play and it was certainly a dire performance from us in the second half.

Does Lennon try the same tactics again, make it tight, sit back and try and counter us with the possibility they win the midfield anyway or does he stick to the more attacking formation they normally use and think they'll have enough?

As stated you can never guess Walter's tactics but I think we will go with three in midfield.....Edu deeper and Ness and Davis more central, a degree of flexibility exists if you go that way, Naismith will start and the rest depends on fitness..............