***The Official Sporting CP vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :bartley: :edu:

:weiss: :lafferty: :anguish: :wylde:

4 5 1 defensive 4 3 3 offensive - cant think of an alternative to Lafferty at the mo

Weiss and Wylde in natural positions -

I expect the usual suspects though.

i'd play this against Celtic next week but with Jelavic for Lafferty

The ever predictable Rangers. No lesson's learned, same old mistakes, regulars getting a game when they should be at home with their slippers on.

Even I would drop Edu and Davis - IF there was a real option - but theres not!

Presuming that Ness is injured i'd play:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:davis: :hutton: :fleck:

:weiss: :healy: :diouf:

Whittaker- bcos the sight of foster in defence gives me the boke.

Fleck- bcos anything is better than edu

Also kyle lafferty should be behind the young boys like Rory Loy(do we still have him?) in the pecking order.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:davis: :hutton: :fleck:

:weiss: :diouf: :lafferty:

Walter needs to make a signal of intent, drop Weir and hand Davis the captaincy to try and spark him into life. Fleck would flourish away from home in Europe in a creative midfield role and Hutton gives us that wee bit of bite. Lafferty is still a better option than Healy at this stage and that's saying something.

Weiss gives us much needed balance on the right, Lafferty gives us workrate on the left. Diouff would give us a out ball in that lone striking role as he can actually hold the ball up.

It's bold but it would show us fans, that we were willing to try something different.

Why not use this game to experiment a wee bit, but still be playing to win it?

We should be trying to win every game we play in, and this one's no different, but IMHO we need to win the league this season more than the Europa.

I'd use this game to try something different and win our way through to the next round.

You old optimist Booler, I like that.

they are playing benfica tonight, at home, and are 1-0 down after half an hour or so. they are there for the beating........ as long as we have a go at them. their late goal last week may be a blessing in disguise

edit finished 2-0 and benfica played 2nd half with only 10 men. a 2-0 away win will do fine thursday too