What our medical stff like weiss broken foot

Smile

No good reading.

http://maineblue.co.uk/?p=8288

Weiss returns to Eastlands after Rangers staff fail to spot broken foot

10 April 2011 No Comment

Vladimir Weiss is to return to Eastlands after his loan spell at Rangers came to an abrupt end when their medical team failed to spot his broken foot.

The 21-year-old was allowed to play in several matches, including the Co-Operative Insurance Cup final, after hurting his foot in a game against St Johnstone. Initially the Glasgow club thought the Slovak international had bruised his foot when in fact it was already broken.

Weiss told the Scottish News of the World, “I’m devastated to miss the title run-in but if I had found out earlier my foot was broken then I would have missed the cup final. Manchester City are not happy about the situation and I am upset that I have been playing with a broken foot but I don’t blame anyone. Rangers apologised to me but the bruising was obviously so bad that the first scan couldn’t spot the break. I have enjoyed my time at Rangers. It’s been a good season and if City decides on another loan season for me then I would love to come back here.”

Guest therabbitt

His bruising was too bad to spot the fracture/break when he was first scanned by the club. Was latterly picked up when he was away with his country.

There's nothing scandalous here at all.

His bruising was too bad to spot the fracture/break when he was first scanned by the club. Was latterly picked up when he was away with his country.

There's nothing scandalous here at all.

Here was me thinking an Xray can surely tell as it just see's the bones.

Guest therabbitt

Unless they didn't do an x-ray of course, which must have been the initial problem here and might be why Man City are a bit pissed off.

Unless they didn't do an x-ray of course, which must have been the initial problem here and might be why Man City are a bit pissed off.

Weiss still seems keen to come back to us next season but the Medical staff needs sorted out as he's played games on a Broken Foot, nowadays that should never happen.

if that's true then i can't see city letting him back next year

if that was an option of course...

Not always, assuming this is a metatarsal injury, it can be difficult to see the fracture on initial X-Ray. Once the bone healing process starts it is often easier to see.

How the hell could "bruising" prevent a broken bone from being noticed on an x-ray? Unless it was a fracture and even then we should be have more than capable doctors to notice this.

Unless there was a great amount of swelling and if that was the case he shouldn't have been training let alone playing.

Big loss, if he is indeed away.

How the hell could "bruising" prevent a broken bone from being noticed on an x-ray? Unless it was a fracture and even then we should be have more than capable doctors to notice this.

Unless there was a great amount of swelling and if that was the case he shouldn't have been training let alone playing.

Big loss, if he is indeed away.

Broken bone and fracture are the same thing.

Actually both are sometimes impossible to see on X-ray, especially in a complicated structure like the foot without a bone scan or CT. The bruising or swelling wouldn't have obscured the x-ray.

TBH the poor state of the medical staff is just another indication of how ruddeless the club is just now ... I know Murray has left others in change but if the top of the house isn't commited and looking into everything then it's very easy for standards to slip

Broken bone and fracture are the same thing.

Actually both are sometimes impossible to see on X-ray, especially in a complicated structure like the foot without a bone scan or CT. The bruising or swelling wouldn't have obscured the x-ray.

fracture and broken bone are differnet actually

TBH the poor state of the medical staff is just another indication of how ruddeless the club is just now ... I know Murray has left others in change but if the top of the house isn't commited and looking into everything then it's very easy for standards to slip

For fuck sake! these guys are professional footballers, not fuckin road sweepers doh

Why was Weiss not sent immediately for a nuclear bone scan that would have picked up that fracture no matter how bad the swelling was?

I don't think Manchester City will be too keen on letting him come back again for another loan.

Sometimes I wonder if our club is run like Atletico Partick, as opposed to being the champion PSL side.

Tbh I have always questioned our medical staff throughout the years, we really seem to pick up so many injuries every season and also on a few occasions like this an injury creeps up we don't notice. Don't know if it's always been the same team throughout the years but would be interesting to see if this will be looked at in the future.