Player Ratings

Thommo

McGregor - 10 - Outstanding.

Whittaker - 6 - Done OK. Not his best performance, not his worst either.

Weir - 7 - Solid. Had Samarse in his back pocket.

Bougherra - 7 - Put in some important tackles and blocks.

Papac - 6 - Played it simple but efficient.

Naismith - 7 - Should have scored in 1st half. Worked his socks off as usual.

Davis - 6 - Played decent, we know he can do much better though.

Edu - 3 - Terrible performance yet again. What has happened to this guy?

Wylde - 5 - I thought he was pretty quiet, put in a few decent corners though.

Jelavic - 8 - Caused the celtc defence all sorts of problems with his top class technique. Sadly couldn't score.

Lafferty - 8 - Excellent performance. Chased every ball and didn't give up. Should have scored with a header in 2nd half.

Allan McGregor - 10

Steven Whittaker - 7

David Weir - 8

Madjid Bougherra - 7

Sasa Papac - 7

Steven Naismith - 7

Steven Davis - 7

Maurice Edu - 4

Gregg Wylde - 5

Kyle Lafferty - 7

Nikica Jelavic - 7

John Fleck - 5

El Hadji Diouf - 5

Allan McGregor - 10

Steven Whittaker - 7

David Weir - 8

Madjid Bougherra - 7

Sasa Papac - 6

Steven Naismith - 6

Steven Davis - 7

Maurice Edu - 3

Gregg Wylde - 5

Kyle Lafferty - 7

Nikica Jelavic - 7

John Fleck - 4

El Hadji Diouf - 4

McGregor - 10 - Outstanding.

Whittaker - 6 - Done OK. Not his best performance, not his worst either.

Weir - 7 - Solid. Had Samarse in his back pocket.

Bougherra - 7 - Put in some important tackles and blocks.

Papac - 6 - Played it simple but efficient.

Naismith - 7 - Should have scored in 1st half. Worked his socks off as usual.

Davis - 6 - Played decent, we know he can do much better though.

Edu - 3 - Terrible performance yet again. What has happened to this guy?

Wylde - 5 - I thought he was pretty quiet, put in a few decent corners though.

Jelavic - 8 - Caused the celtc defence all sorts of problems with his top class technique. Sadly couldn't score.

Lafferty - 8 - Excellent performance. Chased every ball and didn't give up. Should have scored with a header in 2nd half.

Good summary. Agree with just about all of this but I would give Whittaker 7. (tu)

I'm all for getting behind the players but I'm sorry, edu was horrific, giving him a 3 is being kind. I want to stand up for him but 2 yard passes couldn't even get to man properly, tackled when he was in loads of room, didn't make many big tackles himself, poor decision making, eg shooting edge of the box when wylde was in space down the left, offered nothing in attack

Mcgregor = :crywank:

Allan McGregor - 10

Steven Whittaker - 7

David Weir - 7

Madjid Bougherra - 7

Sasa Papac - 8

Steven Naismith - 5

Steven Davis - 6

Maurice Edu - 0

Gregg Wylde - 5

Kyle Lafferty - 7

Nikica Jelavic - 8

I honestly can't think of a reason to even give Edu 1 :anguish: I hate being negative about our players but today he was awful.

Didnt think davis was up to much again today, gave the ball away constantly n not what i wld expect from one on most experianced players the day. Edu had good 1st 10 then once again went bk to his normal self. Mcgregor was amazing once agian, we cannot lose this guy for any less than 12m, won us league last year with save at parkhead from samaras n kept us in race this year. Well done mcgregor my player of the year by a mile

Allan McGregor - 10 Several crucial saves and the penalty stop that gave us a point merits this rating.

Steven Whittaker - 6 No real howlers and no great moves.

David Weir - 8 Stood up to Samaras well apert from being pushed to the ground.

Madjid Bougherra - 8 Good tackles and interceptions followed orders not to make forward runs, sussed out that Edu was out of touch and defended further forward.

Sasa Papac - 6 Quiet game and like Whittaker played mainly in his own half.

Steven Naismith - 6 Usual workrate, scrappy in possession.

Steven Davis - 7 Worked very hard,covered well to mop up after Edu,distribution poor.

Maurice Edu - 2 Those who read my ratings know that I always give 1 point for the strip being put on properly; I have to give Edu another point for leaving the pitch reasonably quickly.

Gregg Wylde - 5 Good sset pieces but looks to be toiling with fitness, the loss of pace in a month is frightening and his legs were gone by 55 minutes.

Kyle Lafferty - 6 A Craig Brown striker: runs around harrying but not good at the striking facet of the game.Caused them trouble until pulled back into a midfield 5 which led to their taking control of the second half.

Nikica Jelavic - 7 Covered lots of ground,won headers, kept trying despite abysmal tactics and service dictated by our management

John Fleck - 3 Slow,easily brushed off the ball and shows little of the talent I saw years ago.

El Hadji Diouf - 3 Slowed the game down when tempo needed to be increased,however it is difficult to come on so late in the game and make an impact.

Again I have to question why the only tactic was the long high ball to defenders who are so poor and immobile on the ground.

I have to question why it took 83 minuted to realise that Edu was playing as a tourist with no awareness no pressing and that his own team were seen to try to avoid giving him the ball because they feared what was going to happen.

I have to question why our manager decided in the second half that a draw was a result to aim for.