***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

I dont know if you say these things to make some sort of point or if you do it because you know it annoys people...in counltess threads you have said things like, "no-one knows what he wants, no-one knows how much he earns etc" your right we dont but a wee bit of common sense shows that its unreasonable...

Messi wouldnt join Rangers, we couldnt afford Messi, but of course you could pick up the phone and ask a question because we dont know if hes interested or how much he earns exactly blah blah blah,but there is no point!

In relation to McEachran though Chelsea's ex head scout Frank Arnesen has just joined Hamburg as director of football and has made inquiries about signing the player, including a bid of £5m and when that was flung out a loan bid was made and also rejected. There are no direct quotes from either club but theres no-one denying it either is there...all we can say is thats its rare the papers just pick a player and run a story based on nothing and Arnasen has plenty of previous...

Based on what we know rumoured or not you think we should still pick up the phone and ask about the player joining us...

Seriously?

Where did i say that there? :lol:

Who mentioned Messi by name? This is getting ridiculous now.

Absolute nonsene with regards the papers, utter tosh.

If its a player i like and i think we could sign, then yeah why not, what is there to lose, 10p a minute from a BT landline, calls from mobiles may vary? There is no shame or embarrassment in finding out a player is not interested or not for sale or loan.

I dont think we should ever leave anything to chance, take gospel what is written in the mhedia or listen to what fans think they know from various fans websites, its always best to find out for ourselves.

:wink:

just been made club captain im sure, playing some great football under Hodgson, way out our price range if we want to get numbers in.

i would take most of their midfield but, Him Morrison and Dorrans.

I'm not suggesting he's a good player on the back of one high profile goal. He's been averaging a goal every 5 games for years. Obviously got a lot of pace, power and is very direct. I don't think it's nuts to think he could do a job in the SPL.

If you saw or knew the standard of football in the South African League you would.This guy has been punting himself to anyone who will listen since the World Cup and nobody wants him.In fact many South Africans play in the lower European Leagues and he cannot even get a move there.

How come ?

You think he would knock back a years loan up here ?

I doubt that he is a class act and is only 18 why woudl he be unhappy about the lack of football. he will be chelsea captian one day even now when he plays he controls the midfield I'd say he'll play more next year

Where did i say that there? :lol:

Who mentioned Messi by name? This is getting ridiculous now.

Absolute nonsene with regards the papers, utter tosh.

If its a player i like and i think we could sign, then yeah why not, what is there to lose, 10p a minute from a BT landline, calls from mobiles may vary? There is no shame or embarrassment in finding out a player is not interested or not for sale or loan.

I dont think we should ever leave anything to chance, take gospel what is written in the mhedia or listen to what fans think they know from various fans websites, its always best to find out for ourselves.

:wink:

You might not have said it in this thread but you say the same shite in every other post about transfers!

I mentioned Messi by name, how is it ridiculous, wouldnt do any harm to pick up the phone would it as you said a 10p call... :rolleyes:

I would much rather we out potential targets lined up, scouted and checked on to see what there sitatuion is rather than try and sign someone who has just been released or is leaving there club and giving them a phone to see if they fancy it.

If you saw or knew the standard of football in the South African League you would.This guy has been punting himself to anyone who will listen since the World Cup and nobody wants him.In fact many South Africans play in the lower European Leagues and he cannot even get a move there.

Well most people on here suggest Rangers should look abroad for talent in smaller, lesser known leagues. But as soon as anyone does suggest a person that fits this criteria they're almost immediately shot down by comments like "it's a shit league". This thread went off on a wild tangent about the first person who scores in a World Cup is in someway good and therefore should be signed up...what utter pish talkers! I never even seen this guy at the World Cup (it just so happens there's no other videos of him on youtube) I've only read about him. I never watched much of the last World Cup at all because most of the big teams went out early and it was boring for the most part. In terms of World Cups it was shit!

If anyone has any better suggestions for a left-winger that has not only has quality but is affordable to Rangers, and would consider a move to Rangers then let's hear them:

Mohamed_Bangura-bild.jpg

Mohamed Bangura

Born on the 27th of July in 1989 (Making him 21), Mohamed Bangura is a forward from Sierra Leone who is currently earning plaudits for his performances for cash-stripped Swedish side AIK. Bangura started his career with Sierra Leonean football club "Kallon FC", and scored a total of 35 goals in 58 games for them. At the beginning of the Swedish 2010 season, Bangura was loaned to Swedish third-division side "IFK Värnamo", where he easily managed to score 12 goals in 13 games (Or 12 goals in 8 games, my sources disagree).

Bangura signed for AIK on the 19th July 2010 in a contract binding him to the club until the summer of 2013. Bangura played against Rosenborg BK on the 28th of July, and earned plaudits from the Swedish media for his performance, despite a 1-0 defeat.

As of yet, Bangura has scored 8 goals in 17 games for AIK, and the club have rejected a €1 Million bid from Egyptian side "Al-Ahly", but it is believed the club would be willing to part with the player in the summer due to their financial Situation. AIK are believed to be holding out for €3 Million for the player, but in reality a €2 Million bid could probably test the clubs resilience.

I watched the AIK vs Kalmar match on wednesday, and while not scoring, M. Bangura and fellow Sierra Leone striker T. Bangura (unable to verify any relation, although both played for Kallon) both impressed.

Bangura's playing style is like that of an early Didier Drogba, as while his finishing touch must be improved he gets in all the right positions, makes all the right moves, is strong, pacey and has a powerful shot and an eye for a pass. Surely it is only a matter of time before he starts banging them in.

AIK look unlikely to qualify for Europe at all this season as they currently lie 9th in the Allsvenskan, and we may be able to take advantage of their financial restraints.

Worth a shout? I'd say so.

Over to you Ally.

And although I usually disagree with youtube videos, this shows the good sides and bad sides of him, so form your own opinions guys...

Closing comments: Would have instead suggested Teteh Bangura based on this season's form, but it looks like Newcastle are after him.