Kenny Wants to Come Home

I would happily take kenny back but at a reasonable price, he's a much better option than beattie, diouf and healy and his experience can be of benefit for any young strikers we may sign. Kenny always gave 100% when putting on the famous blue jersey and if he came back Im sure it would be no different. Bring him home ally!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was asked to take a £3000 a week paycut from 17 to 14 grand a week. This is common knowledge as its how the £14,000 a week salary cap became public knowledge

Lee McCulloch was offered the exact same and signed it

Lee McCulloch wasn't being offered 50k a week elsewhere.

His choice was made substantially easier by it being the only one on the table.

Anyway, I don't think signing guys of his age with no resale is the way forward.

And thats before we look at things off the pitch.

I have never been a great fan of Kenny Miller.Nothing to do with him signing for the dhims.Purely on a football basis but he certainly proved me wrong in his second spell.If he wanted back I would take him with open arms.

He might be set for life but no matter how set you are, you would have to be mental to turn down a contract worth £5 million after tax for one worth £600k after tax. If you are on here trying to kid on you would do it, then i would suggest you are talking total bull (tu)

Some people are motivated by things other than money.

Also, if you do accept to be a mercenary and sign a contract elsewhere (and choose to disrupt the lives of your wife and children for your own greed), at least be a man about it and stick with your decision.

Also, if you do accept to be a mercenary and sign a contract elsewhere (and choose to disrupt the lives of your wife and children for your own greed), at least be a man about it and stick with your decision.

I dont disagree with your paragraph above, but it still stands that given the choice of earning 10 times as much, irrespective of your wealth, the likelihood is you are going to give it a go.

So we take him back and after 6 months or 1 year when he has been banging in the goals an EPL side for example wants to double his wage...what then?

We all know what would happen..he would jump ship and sign for the other team. He has done it his entire career.

Judas cnut and i wouldn't want him anywhere near Ibrox.

However he is a favourite of McCoist and if this is true then i fully expect Rangers to try and bring him back on a 2 year deal.

Right, no point saying my opinion on the subject as i'm sure you all know by now. But just in general this pish about football players 'having a family to provide for' and 'you would have done the same in your job' is exactly that, pish. In this instance, the player has been around since he was about 17, been at both Rangers and the scum, a Premiership team (or 2, was he not at Wolves?), and has been on 50k p/w for the last 4 months. The man, like most professional footballers at this level, is a millionaire and has been for some time. He is set for life, and with the amount of money he's earning, his children most likely are too. So money doesn't come in to it in terms of needing to move on to keep your family going. So, can please put all this stuff to bed about money worries and how any of us would have done the same, these people are over-paid footballers, not labourers on minimum wage.

What a load of absolute pish doh

How can u say he shouldn't want to earn as much money as possible to live the rest of his life comfortably with his wife and make sure his kids are well looked after throughout their lives?

He may well have a couple million in the bank, I don't know what he has earned or spent throughout his career, but he could have 30-40 years to live after football.

What a load of absolute pish doh

How can u say he shouldn't want to earn as much money as possible to live the rest of his life comfortably with his wife and make sure his kids are well looked after throughout their lives?

He may well have a couple million in the bank, I don't know what he has earned or spent throughout his career, but he could have 30-40 years to live after football.

That's fine, but we shouldn't allow ourself to be used by mercenary cunts like him. Playing for The Rangers used to be seen as a privilege and it's high time those ideals were restored.

That's fine, but we shouldn't allow ourself to be used by mercenary cunts like him. Playing for The Rangers used to be seen as a privilege and it's high time those ideals were restored.

If he gives 100% every week and scores 21 goals in half a season he will do for me.

90% of this forum want a trouble making, alleged rapist signed before him.

We'll eb struggling to find 11 footballers to put on the field if they have to live up to ideals that are so far out of date. football has moved on and we all need to move with it.

Kenny and Jelavic would be an outstanding partnership IMO, they would cause havoc in the SPL....that's what is actually important here

If he gives 100% every week and scores 21 goals in half a season he will do for me.

90% of this forum want a trouble making, alleged rapist signed before him.

Yet another example of the lowering of our standards. :(

So we take him back and after 6 months or 1 year when he has been banging in the goals an EPL side for example wants to double his wage...what then?

We all know what would happen..he would jump ship and sign for the other team. He has done it his entire career.

However he is a favourite of McCoist and if this is true then i fully expect Rangers to try and bring him back on a 2 year deal.

Spot on!00000042.gif

while i am thankful for his service to our club in the last 2.5 seasons, the fact is he is getting on,

we will offer him a 2 year deal, then what, he retires or goes to some lower club, so in 2 years time we need to find ANOTHER partner for jelavic (if he's still here)

i would rather the money was spent on a younger player that has potential resale value, we buy miller now then thats it, we wont get a penny for him again

Some serious overrating of Miller going on here

'next level'

'unstoppable'

'progess in Europe'

He's been average his entire career until the final 12 months of his Rangers career

He's a decent player but he's by no mean "unstoppable, he maid his bed so he can lye in it!

while i am thankful for his service to our club in the last 2.5 seasons, the fact is he is getting on,

we will offer him a 2 year deal, then what, he retires or goes to some lower club, so in 2 years time we need to find ANOTHER partner for jelavic (if he's still here)

i would rather the money was spent on a younger player that has potential resale value, we buy miller now then thats it, we wont get a penny for him again

Spot on, rather spend the money on goodwillie than waste money on miller, he's getting older and has maybe 1 , 2 at most good season left in him IMO

I think you've answered your own question.

If he leaves after six months or a year of banging in the goals then we'll probably have won the league again. Alongside Jelavic, I honestly think they two could win the league for us within six months if the defence shows up next year.

But I'd rather go for Goodwillie.

But I'd rather go for Goodwillie.

Goodwillie's a very good player, no doubt, but I don't think we should go anywhere near him until the rape allegations have been sorted out.

Just imagine we signed him and then he's found guilty, it would be an absolute nightmare for all of us.