Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

I can only imagine fans reactions if we dont get this lad. :anguish:

Exactly. By making targets public knowledge - it allows fans to get wound up when they don't come off. Our transfer policy in general is a shambles. The thing is in the case of the Goodwillie "saga" - it seems the majority of fans want this guy here, and Ally seems to want him too. So to keep the backing of the fans just get the deal done Mr Whyte & Mr Smith. Something needs to be done to appease us. We are all getting impatient and the Malmo result has only just confounded our fears. But to be honest I feel our priority is a CM to let Davis do his creative bit without fear of having to constantly make up for jig / edu's incompetencies.

Yours Kindly,

Worried Bear..........

:lol: Good at what, shiteing himself from tackling? can't pass a ball 10 yards? whats he good at?

going forward? Does he get paid to do that?

Fucking shocking that this guy is on 20k a week.

Agree the wages he is on is shocking, but Whittaker either plays really good or terrible.

We really need another striker. Look at the problems it causes when Lafferty is injured and we need to take Naismith out of midfield. we have no creativity or goals coming from the middle when that happens. The management obviously have no faith in Healy or Little so why they were given new contract is beyond me. Goodwillie would take Lafferty's place in the long run IMO because he's a better player.

I agree he should be paid that if he is on the radio.

Eh?

Im talking about JIm spence and Jim Traynor, although Spency seems to have told that many lies about DG that he cant quite remember what he said last week

I heard last night on the raido that David Goodwillie could be looking for upwards of 20k p/w wacko.gif

He better be able to run, after he asks CW for 20k a/w :uk: no chance will we pay him that.

He'll get 12k if lucky, thats prob about double so its good enough.

He better be able to run, after he asks CW for 20k a/w :uk: no chance will we pay him that.

He'll get 12k if lucky, thats prob about double so its good enough.

Apparently he is on 2k p/w iirc and is Utd's top earner! If he can get 5 or 6 times his wage i think he will come! all about agreeing a deal though

He won't be getting that at Cardiff, that's for fucking sure.

Cardiff having all but signed him last week (alledgedly) are out of the running altogether! They will not come back in for him now! Jim spence's words not mine

Here's me getting up early make sure I miss no news and there is fuck all happing.

Again last night Radio Scotland said it could be a week or 2 no matter what team sign him! He will be away though

:lol: Good at what, shiteing himself from tackling? can't pass a ball 10 yards? whats he good at?

going forward? Does he get paid to do that?

Fucking shocking that this guy is on 20k a week.

You're a tool.

You have a go at the "rhags" yet seem to have believe any figure they've thrown in around Whittaker. I highly doubt he'll be on £20k-a-week.

Rangers given Goodwillie ultimatum

July 27, 2011

Dundee United manager Peter Houston has told Rangers the club won't back down on their £2 million asking price for striker David Goodwillie.

Rangers had an initial bid of £1 million turned down, but are expected to come back with a higher offer in the next few days. United are seemingly not prepared to negotiate.

Houston cited the fee Rangers paid for Hearts defender Lee Wallace as justification for Dundee's refusal to take a lower amount.

"Wallace went for £1.5 million with a year left on his contract and we have a 20-goal striker who has two years on his deal left and scored against good European opposition just last week," he told the Daily Record.

"Wallace is a great player - I know that from working with him at Hearts - and it's not really for me to comment on what he's worth. But we know ourselves what David is worth. I have already said where I think it would be best for David to go and nothing has changed my view on that subject.

"If someone wants Goodwillie then put the money on the table - simple as that. We will only lose him if someone pays the money we are looking for. The chairman knows what he wants for David and if someone is prepared to meet that then 100% he will be away."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/937704/rangers-must-pay-L2m-for-dundee-united-striker-david-goodwillie?cc=5739

Rangers given Goodwillie ultimatum

July 27, 2011

Dundee United manager Peter Houston has told Rangers the club won't back down on their £2 million asking price for striker David Goodwillie.

Rangers had an initial bid of £1 million turned down, but are expected to come back with a higher offer in the next few days. United are seemingly not prepared to negotiate.

Houston cited the fee Rangers paid for Hearts defender Lee Wallace as justification for Dundee's refusal to take a lower amount.

"Wallace went for £1.5 million with a year left on his contract and we have a 20-goal striker who has two years on his deal left and scored against good European opposition just last week," he told the Daily Record.

"Wallace is a great player - I know that from working with him at Hearts - and it's not really for me to comment on what he's worth. But we know ourselves what David is worth. I have already said where I think it would be best for David to go and nothing has changed my view on that subject.

"If someone wants Goodwillie then put the money on the table - simple as that. We will only lose him if someone pays the money we are looking for. The chairman knows what he wants for David and if someone is prepared to meet that then 100% he will be away."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/937704/rangers-must-pay-L2m-for-dundee-united-striker-david-goodwillie?cc=5739

He is within his rights to say this, why we have not payed the money nobody knows.