Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

i still think giving them fleck on loan plus 1.8m and 10 percent off any future transfer add on fee would work

No way . That is far to much in their favour .

I've said on numerous occasions that I don't want us to sign this guy , but the way things are going , if mccoist wants him then he should just get him before we are further behind the tims and out of Europe .

I still believe for the 2million quoted we could do better , but its getting to late to be scouting Europe for targets with potential .

No way . That is far to much in their favour .

I've said on numerous occasions that I don't want us to sign this guy , but the way things are going , if mccoist wants him then he should just get him before we are further behind the tims and out of Europe .

I still believe for the 2million quoted we could do better , but its getting to late to be scouting Europe for targets with potential .

Can Goodwillie even play for us before the group stage? Im fuzzy on the rules.

Tbh that question could turn this thread into another Jelavic saga.

Im plane around for fun up here.

As far as I understand it - anyone that's signed before a certain date can play in the next qualifiers or in the groupd stages, but cannot play in the return leg against malmo.

Unless they are the 1 wildcard player we're allowed.

People already seem to have forgot this man was accused of rape - he wasn't found not guilty, the police decided not to proceed due to a lack of evidence (how many rapists strike with wittness's present?

I'm not saying he did it - but it seems strange that most of our fans wish to spend big on him when by all accounts he may have raped a woman, might be convicted of assault, has undoubted off the field issues, and plays with Dundee utd (with respect to them, no player in the SPL is gauruntee'd to make it at us as it's a different world playing for the old firm - plenty of SPL signings have come and gone, only one or two have truely made it).

I'm not against him signing when he hasn't been found guilty of anything but I am against the price of £2M, this price considering everything about him is fantasy.

are there any noises comin from the club at the moment re possible Goodwillie signing?it all seems very quiet,is this good,or are we still intrested??does anyone know?

if the club dont say anything ppl will moan if they say to much ppl will... well you know the rest

my fear is mr whyte wont sanction anymore transfers until he sees what happens in the 2nd leg of our champs qual.

i also fear that if we go out, then there will be very little money spent on new players.

hope we go through so i dnt even need to worry about this happening

In the big picture i would say £2m is a fair price, Thomson/Whittaker/Naismith all roughly the same age when signed for the same dough, and Goodwillie ability and potential wise is imo at least on par with Naismith and way ahead of the other two, its seems a bit of a no brainer to me, but it aint my £££££s.

@bbcjimspence

jim spence

Dundee Utd reject bid from un named English club for David Goodwillie. Bid believed to be over 1.6 million pounds.

if this is true, then it shows we need to pay the 2 million 1.8 or 1.9 won't be enough

Fair play to Utd , they want the money

And theyl get it.

Whether its us, blackpool or whoever else, someone will buy goodwillie for £2m and I hope to god its us

Dundee United want £2m for David Goodwillie - a team is eventually going to match that.

After spending £1.5m on Lee Wallace, the first half vs Hearts and all of last night, I would like to have come on here and read that we had matched that valuation.

Things are not moving the way I would have liked them to.