Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Rangers have equalled Blackburn Rovers' offer for striker David Goodwillie, as they try to convince the striker to remain in the Scottish Premier League.<br style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers. We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable."

What a rollercoaster this is!

Lovely read :happy:

To be fair Goodwillie has been 'undergoing his medical' for about 3 hours...must be fairly rigorous...or there is other stuff going on..ie Rangers bid.

The bid may just have been announced but im pretty sure we didnt make the bid one sec then the next sec McCoist tells us - so our bid realistically could have been made 2-3 hours ago.

STV website

Rangers have equalled Blackburn Rovers’ offer for striker David Goodwillie, as they try to convince the striker to remain in the Scottish Premier League.

Goodwillie is currently in Lancashire undergoing a medical with the English Premier League side, after Dundee United accepted a reported £2.8 million offer for the 22-year-old.

Rangers have so far failed in five bids to land Goodwillie this summer and, at the 11th hour, have made another attempt to have an offer accepted by the Tannadice club.

When asked if Rangers’ bid matched Blackburn’s, McCoist replied: “As far as I'm aware, yes. Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.

"We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.

“We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers. We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable.”

I can't get work done for this thread. Brings back the happy days of checking to find out if jelavic had signed. Hope we can sneak this one over the line! Still doubtful though.

you know what's fucking really really bad about this?

every other club we are in negotiations with will look at how we've been played by dundee utd

they'll think - it doesn't matter what rangers say, in the end they will pay through the nose if they really want the player

i can see some failed attempts at bringing players in over the next few weeks.

this is a highly volatile situation financially for rangers now, i think they've just blown their barganing credibility completely

hope to god i'm wrong, but frankly, if i was in talks with rangers i'd have watched their dealings, and that's exactly how i'd see them - negotiating chicken fodder

:(

Why does it matter when he joined Twitter?

I wonder. I will sign up today and say Goodwillie is now at Murray Park. I will get loads of followers but that doesn't make me reliable or trustworthy. The guy is a nobody. And the Goodwillie speculation has been flying for a lot longer than that guy has been a member. My point is: why are people so keen to believe random nobodies on twitter with no track record of anything?

I wonder. I will sign up today and say Goodwillie is now at Murray Park. I will get loads of followers but that doesn't make me reliable or trustworthy. The guy is a nobody. And the Goodwillie speculation has been flying for a lot longer than that guy has been a member. My point is: why are people so keen to believe random nobodies on twitter with no track record of anything?

Because they are stupid

That still doesn't matter. I had a bit of inside information as the Craig Whyte takeover saga was coming to a close, and I'm not on Twitter at all. If I'd signed up the same day I got the information and posted it, you'd discount it based on my sign up date, but the information was good.

I agree that we shouldn't be listening to any random titwank on Twitter, but the date they signed up is completely irrelevant.

My F5 button has just gone on strike - Its lawyers have just served me papers saying it wants -

'15 minutes break every 2 hours - an annual salary of £10,000 (with add ons) - apparently ive got8 hours (what a dick I look for using that phrase) to agree!'

I dont think hes plain around :o