Deadline Day Transfers Thread

Skelf

We're not in fucking Europe anymore! What the fuck is the point in buying players for Europe in this window!

mate all I am saying is I am sick of the club aiming for mediocrity, or more importantly, the fans accepting it...the SPL is an average league and I dont want to see rangerswith the attitude that we only need average players to compete...we should be trying to get the best possible players!

Europe, for the short term, is rangers one big chance at some financial stability...but in order to play in europe, you need good players, and we should be trying to attract these players so that we can win the league and push onwards and upwards into europe next year..

I appreciate Whyte has brought in 7 or so, but the fact remains we lost 5 or so last season back to their parent clubs! Everyone acknowledged last season we had a thread bare squad - we are hardly better off this season!

i just want the best possible players at the club that is all and I feel with all talk from whyte that we have been lied to

He is a dodgy cunt.Venture capitalists all are.

He's the wrong man for Rangers but unfortunately for us he was the only game in town.

I agree with this.

He was spouting all this pish about 5 million kitty. And he has spent under 1million

If had came out and said that we would have to balance books and we would have to sell before we buy I would have respected him more

But just to talk shite to us is not on

Fair enough he was probably expecting some sort or European participation.

But I thought the 5 million would be there regardless

Jury is out on this guy, either he is just in it to line his own pockets or he is unwilling to give mccoist 5 million to spunk away And holding on to it until January for another manager

But if he thinks the current team is going to make rangers a more attractive brand for him to sell he is very much mistaken.

Really quiet worried about this season, I get the feeling the wheels could come off at any time.....

This place is mad. There's a reason why shite like edu, jig, kerkar, healy and beattie are still here, because they are excatly that, shite. Who in their right mind would want to sign any of the above players?

Good moves for fleck and hutton, glad they are going together so they can settle in better in a different city.

mate all I am saying is I am sick of the club aiming for mediocrity, or more importantly, the fans accepting it...the SPL is an average league and I dont want to see rangerswith the attitude that we only need average players to compete...we should be trying to get the best possible players!

Europe, for the short term, is rangers one big chance at some financial stability...but in order to play in europe, you need good players, and we should be trying to attract these players so that we can win the league and push onwards and upwards into europe next year..

I appreciate Whyte has brought in 7 or so, but the fact remains we lost 5 or so last season back to their parent clubs! Everyone acknowledged last season we had a thread bare squad - we are hardly better off this season!

i just want the best possible players at the club that is all and I feel with all talk from whyte that we have been lied to

I appreciate your point. Tonight isn't the night for more debate. Ha i feel fucking wired with this whole day. I just think we need to give our signings 2 minutes to show us their quality. I think we also have to be realistic and say that while we have some money, we don;t have lots. The worst thing Craig Whyte did was try to be optimistic because people on here took it to a silly level where a stupid story in a rag claiming that we'd have £15m to spend was actually believed by some. That is ridiculous when you think how little money is in the SPL.

We spent a lot of last season moaning about how small our squad was. We have now bulked the squad right up. It was always going to either be a bigger squad with lesser fees, or 2 or 3 big signings and still a small squad. We also still have another window in a few months. If we are struggling that badly, which im convinced we wont be, Whyte will sanction some more deals

As I say, a discussion for another time. We HAVE to back the club, that means getting behind the team. We will improve, the guys will get to know each other and we will be getting many guys back from injury. We are very disappointingly out of Europe but for now, we need to focus on the SPL, where we are top. Win the upcoming Old Firm and we can already be building a gap. Have faith

I agree with this.

He was spouting all this pish about 5 million kitty. And he has spent under 1million

If had came out and said that we would have to balance books and we would have to sell before we buy I would have respected him more

But just to talk shite to us is not on

Fair enough he was probably expecting some sort or European participation.

But I thought the 5 million would be there regardless

Jury is out on this guy, either he is just in it to line his own pockets or he is unwilling to give mccoist 5 million to spunk away And holding on to it until January for another manager

But if he thinks the current team is going to make rangers a more attractive brand for him to sell he is very much mistaken.

Really quiet worried about this season, I get the feeling the wheels could come off at any time.....

7 players in, most of the first team on 5 year deals, £4 million pounds spent. Net spending has been £1m or so, but we have SPENT £4 mil which is pretty close to his promise.

Dioufs a free so he can sign anytime

You know, given our shortage of strikers, he can be a pest up front and hold on to the ball, whilst winning a few free kicks.

Plus, if he signs, the tims will go mental again and try to complain about us signing a player, especially him, outside the window.