Statement From The Blue Order And Union Bears

BlueIsTheColour

Thanks Frankie (tu)

So these people, who were doing nothing arrestable (or so it would seem) were charged by police on horseback? Were they rioting? Looting? Involved in violence?

Rhetorical questions by the way, seems like a clear cut incidence of extreme heavy-handedness.

If they had been looting then the coppers would most likely have been cowering at the other end of the street waiting for them to finish!

They pick on easy targets you see. The new anti-Sectarian squad need to justify their existence otherwise they're back to being normal paid officers.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocking treatment mate, hope there's no long term damage done.

Aye, pretty sure there will be, already had Knee Surgery this year, back playing football and 2-3 months later I break my ankle.

Munzz I knpw this will not make you feel much beta mate but an officer came down to row a and looked for your crutches! He also asked if we had seen them!

Aye mate so I heard, All I know is one of my mates got them to me outside the ground. Don't know how but he did :)

Already lost a pair of crutches this in the last 10 days :D

Aye, pretty sure there will be, already had Knee Surgery this year, back playing football and 2-3 months later I break my ankle.

Aye mate so I heard, All I know is one of my mates got them to me outside the ground. Don't know how but he did :)

Already lost a pair of crutches this in the last 10 days :D

I want to hear the story about the last time you lost them, it's much better! :D

Aye that's what happened?

I think I know what happened to myself mate,

They never charged at me whilst I was on my crutches, the crutches were inside the stadium and the wankers weren't letting me back into get them, So when the mounted wankers were trying to move everyone away I couldn't even walk, and they're screaming MOVE, what to they want me to do?

My crutches are inside and I'm standing on one leg.

Just curious here. Why did you leave your crutches inside?

I Know about the boy who was told to run by mounted police, he has a broken ankle, and when asked for his crutches back which where inside the ground, was refused, called a liar and pushed onto his broken foot.

FFS That sounds like something that would happen in a country where there's a Dictatorship , hope his broken foot hasny sustained anymore damage

I too was wondering this, not doubting the facts of your story, as it has been seen and validated by many, but it seems a tad curious as to how and why, when you appear to need your crutches to move properly, how you could move up the stairs, and exit the stadium, whilst forgetting your crutches.

I was sitting in the west enclosure lastnight ( my season ticket seat) watching things unfold and have to say that what happened in bf1 was an absolute disgrace. I can promise that this group will get my full backing on Saturday and beyond until this shambles is sorted!

Well done all involved!

WATP

I always put them in the 2/3 seat section nearer the Main Stand, started in near there but kept moving across, as we never planned to leave. So by the 60th minute I was nearer the stairs at the other section. I thought I'll move out and let everyone go past and then go back in and the wanker police guy was like if you're on the stairs you need to go back to your seat on go into the concourse so then I started hopping back up.

It's alright walking up some stairs and out but when you need to walk all the way to the subway then all for your train it gets a bit hard.

I too was wondering this, not doubting the facts of your story, as it has been seen and validated by many, but it seems a tad curious as to how and why, when you appear to need your crutches to move properly, how you could move up the stairs, and exit the stadium, whilst forgetting your crutches.

You sure you've not seen the guy hoping up and down the stairs on one leg?

Everyone laughs but it's how I keep fit technically if that makes sense?

I always put them in the 2/3 seat section nearer the Main Stand, started in near there but kept moving across, as we never planned to leave. So by the 60th minute I was nearer the stairs at the other section. I thought I'll move out and let everyone go past and then go back in and the wanker police guy was like if you're on the stairs you need to go back to your seat on go into the concourse so then I started hopping back up.

It's alright walking up some stairs and out but when you need to walk all the way to the subway then all for your train it gets a bit hard.

(tu)

Thanks for clarifying that, its a disgrace the way the police have handled this, I hope that you have sustained no further damage - I know how frustrating having a leg break/injury can be, and if you have been put further back by this, you should go after the bastards.

Err you LEFT your crutches inside walked up the stairs, down to the concourse, then get outside the stadium and then decide you "Couldn't even walk" without your crutches? wacko.gif

It has to be applauded that despite everything in that statement this fucking moron decides to have a dig at someone who's been harshly treated by Police.

Top show sir, you really are a twat!

Good clear statement (tu).

Totally shocking the way Rangers fans are treated.

During the season when we got to the last 16 of the champions league, my section, (mainly the back of GF1) was targeted by the police. The guy sitting behind me was

arrested for apparently saying "fuck the pope". A police officer 10 yards away claimed that he had heard this "offense", even though all around had not. This went to court and I'm pretty sure it was thrown out by the judge due to witness statements and lack of evidence. (That was at the inter milan home game btw).

The, what must have been the weekend after IIRC at home to hearts, a man 2 seats behind me was arrested for the following: hearts made a substitution and he shouted

"which asylum seeker are you bringing on next". A police officer 5 rows in front claimed that this man called him an asylum seeker, which was total rubbish. I think this was also thrown out by the judge. And the irony of it all was

that the player coming on for hearts was...yes you guessed it... Lee Wallace :lol:.

Then at the chelsea game this season I, like others, was

asked to sit down (my whole section was standing) and two men were ejected from the stadium for singing "sectarian songs", they weren't sectarian in their puff.

So anyway then an anti-sectarian police initiative officer started to film me with his camera. Couldn't be fucked with the hassle so I just put my scarf over my mouth and nose and started filming him. He soon stopped.

Just a few examples I have come across at the football. All police officers who are meant to be there to protect fans.

There is no doubt in my mind that some of the police and stewards at ibrox, and its probably the same at celtic park, have an ulterior motive when on duty.

Supporting your team is not a crime!

Scarf over ur mouth can be a get out of jail card.

Maybe an idea for the UB&TBO to used as a mass protest, everyone with a scarf over their mouth singing the Billy boys :D

I Know about the boy who was told to run by mounted police, he has a broken ankle, and when asked for his crutches back which where inside the ground, was refused, called a liar and pushed onto his broken foot.

I remember the polis down in England doing something like this during protests against the banks etc. am sure the polis got the sack for that.

On September 27th 2011, The Union Bears and The Blue Order held a protest at Ibrox Stadium in the opening ten minutes of the match against against Kilmarnock. The protest consisted of anti-SNP chanting and the unfurling of 3 banners namely;

"Undefinable Laws Against Supporters"

"SNP Weak On Criminals - Tough on Fans"

"Football Fans Not Criminals"

The protest was not challenged by the police and passed peacefully, with other sections of the Rangers support showing unity with the message of the protest.

For clarity, there are several reasons why we feel we must make a stand upon this issue. We are protesting against the implementation on the 'Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill' as proposed by the current SNP government. This bill discriminates against football fans, singling out a demographic of the population for specific laws. The implementation of the bill means that almost any football supporter, whether you be vocal in support of your team or not, could be subject to arrest, without significant police evidence of any actual offence caused.

The criminalisation of football supporters threatens the game which we all love. Supporters attending a football match will now be met with fear of arrest, losing your job and being named in newspapers despite having not had your court case heard.

The Union Bears and The Blue Order would like to make it clear we are against Sectarianism and Racism in all forms. We feel current legislation covers offences of these matters and further legislation is not necessary nor required. We feel this action is being used for political gain, and being supported by police officers in order to preserve their level of responsibility and therefore preserve their level of funding in what is economically challenging times.

We have all seen that our supporters are subject to unnecessary harassment from police officers and we have and will continue to work with the Rangers Supporters working group on resolving these matters.

In a completely separate incident tonight, around 100 supporters in the BF1 section walked out in protest at the heavy handed stewarding and policing which took place within the section at the match. The groups have issued a complaint to the police and the club and this will be dealt with in due course. We would like to thank the rest of the Rangers support for the support shown towards the group regarding this matter.

Astonishingly the whole reason for the stewards getting involved was due to a young supporter in the section having a water bottle in the ground. One which he had cleared with another steward before entering and was told it wouldn't be a problem.

Among the incidents was also the situation where mounted Police outside the stadium charged at young supporters including one who was visibly walking with the aid of crutches. He was told by the mounted officers to run.

We will be taking further protest action in forthcoming matches, and would urge you all to stand with us as we fight the injustice against the supporters of Rangers Football Club. We will issue another statement prior to the game on Saturday, which will detail how we wish to have your support.

Supporting Your Team Is not a Crime.

No Surrender

The Union Bears and The Blue Order

(tu)