GTA V

DAVIDATDI

set up buisness, have girlfriends, your own chars doing their own stuff when not playing as them, targeting looks fixed, massive massive sand box, tennis, golf, buy weed I FUCKING WANT IT NOW.

saints row 4 comes out in 30 days time, thats gonna tide me over until this son of a bitch comes out.

The gameplay from the trailer is PS3, looks unreal.

It's not true PS3 gameplay, it blatantly features heavy post-processing.

There's no way in hell that the edges and shadows will be as smooth as they are in the trailer.. there's next to no jaggies and unfortunately the current consoles don't support that level of AA. There's possibly even some tessellation in there which again isn't supported by DX9.

No problem with that. I just don't see the point paying a near 80 odd quid

Ill no doubt get it from someone if I need it but I won't be forking out for it.

Totally agree. The only reason I think It will be March 2014 before you see a "next-gen" version is because 2K games will be looking to start their fiscal year with a bang.

Totally agree. The only reason I think It will be March 2014 before you see a "next-gen" version is because 2K games will be looking to start their fiscal year with a bang.

It must take some amount of time to get it ready for next gen too considering how long this current gen has taken to finalise.

I am worried though in case the next gen version will be rushed in a sense and not get the 'level of detail' current gen has got.

Maybe that's just my PES head talking...

It must take some amount of time to get it ready for next gen too considering how long this current gen has taken to finalise.

I am worried though in case the next gen version will be rushed in a sense and not get the 'level of detail' current gen has got.

Tbh they are probably working on it as we speak, they just wouldn't say they were going to do it because it could hurt initial release sales. They've spent millions and taken a few years to develop this title for PS3 and Xbox 360, they are hardly going to announce a next gen version in case people just hold off on buying it.

It'll be much the same game just shinier..

• Higher resolution support thus higher detail textures (360 and ps3 version will natively run at 720p and upscale to 1080p.. however true 1080p is better)
  • Taking advantage of better processing (less jaggies, better draw distances, more vehicles & pedestrians on screen)
  • DX11 features such as tesselation. (fingers crossed)
  • Hopefully running at higher frame rate, at the very least a steady FPS (the current gen version will suffer from frame drops, I'd feel pretty comfortable betting on that)
  • Addition content whatever that may be. Exclusive cars, weapons, mission etc

Most of the work is done by the engine so it's not as big a job as you would think.. They will already have all the assets, so all they are looking for is PC developers to optimize it. I say PC devs because the PS4 and X1 are using PC architecture.. thus I expect the next gen version to release along side the PC version. If they really wanted to they could have it out by Xmas.. but as the previous poster said, they won't want to hurt PS3 and 360 sales.

• Higher resolution support thus higher detail textures (360 and ps3 version will naively run at 720p and upscale to 1080p.. however true 1080p is better)
  • Taking advantage of better processing (better draw distances, more vehicles & pedestrians on screen)
  • DX11 features such as tesselation.
  • Hopefully running at higher frame rate, at the very a steady FPS (the current gen version will suffer from frame drops, I'd feel pretty comfortable betting on that)

Most of the work is done by the engine so it's not as big a job as you would think.. They will already have all the assets, so all they are looking for is PC developers to optimize it. I say PC devs because the PS4 and X1 are using PC architecture.. thus I expect the next gen version to release along side the PC version. If they really wanted to they could have it out by Xmas.. but as the previous poster said, they won't want to hurt PS3 and 360 sales.

Yeah that sounds pretty realistic.

I wasn't expecting a new game, just curious how much work would need done to get in on the new consoles. (tu)

• Higher resolution support thus higher detail textures (360 and ps3 version will natively run at 720p and upscale to 1080p.. however true 1080p is better)
  • Taking advantage of better processing (less jaggies, better draw distances, more vehicles & pedestrians on screen)
  • DX11 features such as tesselation. (fingers crossed)
  • Hopefully running at higher frame rate, at the very least a steady FPS (the current gen version will suffer from frame drops, I'd feel pretty comfortable betting on that)

I have read that the frame rate drops were an issue they were very hopeful of eliminating from this title. Whether it can be done on this generations consoles with such a massive draw distance remains to be seen.

Yeah that sounds pretty realistic.

I wasn't expecting a new game, just curious how much work would need done to get in on the new consoles. (tu)

You may find that some extra features will be added. Video editor for instance. Maybe even some of the DLC built in to the game at launch as well.

You may find that some extra features will be added. Video editor for instance. Maybe even some of the DLC built in to the game at launch as well.

Yeah no doubt.

I wonder if it would still be a big seller with many people buying the current gen version so will know the story line ect?

Yeah no doubt.

I wonder if it would still be a big seller with many people buying the current gen version so will know the story line ect?

I think it will probably end up the biggest seller of the year just based on the hype surrounding it.

The DLC could be groundbreaking as well with the potential for whole cities being added to the existing game area. Might be the first time that shelling out 30-40 notes on DLC was actually worth it.

I think it will probably end up the biggest seller of the year just based on the hype surrounding it.

The DLC could be groundbreaking as well with the potential for whole cities being added to the existing game area. Might be the first time that shelling out 30-40 notes on DLC was actually worth it.

Fingers crossed.

DLC on the whole has been very disappointing IMO so far.

Fingers crossed.

DLC on the whole has been very disappointing IMO so far.

In fairness Rockstar have pretty much* always went above and beyond... they did an awesome job with the GTA4 DLC. Both episodes were actually better than main game! lol

*I say pretty much because Rockstar did let me down with the PC version of GTA 4... The optimization was terrible. Other than that, I've always felt i get more than my monies worth.

GTA 5 for £4.97 when you trade in 2 games.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/GTAVTrade

List of games on the site.. there's over 200 spanning all the platforms.

You pre-order the game at £39.97

They send you a special envelope

You post the games

They send you GTA 5 and refund you £35

That could potentially be a great deal the only thing I've noticed is the list of games is subject to change. I could see this getting on somewhere like Hot UK Deals and people listing the 2 cheapest games to buy new and they then pull them from the list from fear of getting hit with an avalanche of them.

That could potentially be a great deal the only thing I've noticed is the list of games is subject to change. I could see this getting on somewhere like Hot UK Deals and people listing the 2 cheapest games to buy new and they then pull them from the list from fear of getting hit with an avalanche of them.

Most likely it will be £4.97 only if someone trades in two fairly recent games, it's economical suicide to accept that 2 shite games=£35 off, so my beloved Barbie: Jet, Set & Style and Mario Slam Basketball will probably not equate to £35.