Naismith's Replacement: McMillan?

StevenDavis

Naismith has predominantly played right midfield this season. Now he's injured, could we move Whittaker up the pitch to RM and play McMillan at right back?

Just a suggestion, we're having to play with the cards we're given and I think Whittaker would be naturally more suited to playing wide right, rather than someone like Davis or even Edu who's been playing there recently.

Means that McMillan would be getting more game time, seeing as he's impressed whenever he's made a cameo appearance and he's much, much better than Calamity Kirk.

I reckon that this won't ever happen, but I just wanted to see if folk would prefer this idea to something else?

I think it will have crossed McCoist's mind for sure, moving Whittaker to RM that is.

Then I think he's met with the question of McMillan or Broadfoot..

It's got to be McMillan everytime surely? I'd rather have an amputee in the starting 11 than Broaders.

Agree with TG, get McKay, Bedoya or Ortiz in for Naisy and give McMillan a run at RB anyway. Whittaker's not exactly been amazing and the less said about Boradfoot-for-fuck-sake the better.

Broadfoot is a probalby one of the most awful players we've had at Rangers for a long time. I thought it hilarious when he was in the press demanding being started, saying it would cause him to leave if he was not. Hopefully his lack of play is showing him the door, hope he bumps his big hollow head on the door frame on the way out.

I'd like to see this:

McGregor

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Whittaker Davis Edu McKay

Lafferty Jelavic

Out of the three midfielders signed in the summer McKay looks the pic of the bunch so I think he should be brouht in now. If it doesn't work out for McKay then you could simply bring Wylde back in to the side. Whittaker, Ortiz, Bedoya and even fleck could all be fighting it out for that RM spot. Whittaker isn't a good defender and his style of play looks more suited to a midfielder (a position he's played before). However, I think Ally will probably go with something like this:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Ortiz Davis Edu Papac

Lafferty Jelavic

I think it will have crossed McCoist's mind for sure, moving Whittaker to RM that is.

Then I think he's met with the question of McMillan or Broadfoot..

I agree with this - Whittaker may well get the RM nod - and I think it would be Kirk that gets the RB position.

I'm not a fan of playing full backs as midfielders/wingers at all although the Papc/Wallace combo is working reasonably well. For me it means you have 2 defensive minded players in situ and that leads to a lack of creativity going forward.

Whattaker is a disaster waiting to happen at RB IMO as he can't tackle but will remain 1st choice with Ally. I think Ortiz may be handed yet another chance ot prove hmself initially but I don't think he is capable of holding down a place as he simply doesn't have the talent. I would like ot see Bedoya come through in that position but again he seems a little of the mark physically in the games he has played, in particular the match he started agains HIVs. There is also the possibility of Wylde getting a chance on the opposite wing as Ally has tried this before.

Naisy is just as likely to be missed up fron as he is on the wing though and beyond Jela and Lafferty there is a lack of qulity personnel up top - what is happening with the Swedish boy?

I must be the only one who thinks that there is a player in Ortiz. I know he hasn't exactly proved it as such but I reckon he has been struggling for confidence in the Scottish Premier League.

By no means is he a poor footballer he just hasn't seemed to click with the rest of the team whenever i've seen him start. Hopefully this available position will spur some of the players to up their performance, just don't waste Davis out on the right.

By no means is he a poor footballer he just hasn't seemed to click with the rest of the team whenever i've seen him start. Hopefully this available position will spur some of the players to up their performance, just don't waste Davis out on the right.

This pretty much sums it up. Davis plays best in the middle and Edu is growing in confidence in the middle so putting either of them out on the right wouldn't be a wise choice.