Gregg Wylde on the right

bluenose_72

Wylde has said today that McCoist has spoken to him about playing right midfield in Naisy's absence.

Does anyone think this could work? He has a couple assists this season with crosses from the right, but with him only being able to use his left foot, he will always cut inside which would make him easier to defend against.

I don't think we will see it too often TBH. Edu - Davis - Jig - Papac will be the midfield for most of the season IMO.

We played Wylde on the right against St Johnstone for about 20 minutes:

:ortiz::papac::davis::wylde:

And for that while, we played some really good football. They (St Johnstone) just didn't look like they understood what to do and weren't expecting it at all.

Might have been the element of surprise, but we looked VERY good for that spell. Could work...

I think one of Wylde's best abilities is generating the space to get a cross in, and that's because on the left he's very quick and takes the ball down the wing. If we play him on the right then every time he'll have his back to the play, he'll run down the wing and will be stuck by either turning around to get the ball on his left or cutting in. If anything I think we should keep him on the left and look at our other options for the right

Wylde on the right? What next? Davie Weir on the left flank? Well we've tried everyone else there since 2006....

How's about this novel idea? Why not play players in their actual positions? I know this is a bit left field but instead of trying to turn Papac into a left winger why not just keep Wylde there and maybe...just maybe play another player in midfield other than McCulloch...

Let's see, if we only we had a midfielder that can tackle and likes to get forward quickly? Can't think of one...? If only we had an international midfielder who has just won his countrys POTY award? Again I'm stumped....If only we had a player that is a winner and who led by example recently by captaining his former side to their domestic league title....

Any suggestions?

I think wylde would be really effective on the right. I think him cutting in onto his left and whipping ballsin with pace can cause all sorts of problems. Hes also got the pace to cut inside get away from a defender and get a shot off. Could be a good move imo.

I'd like to see a narrow midfield with our full backs getting down the wing.

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Papac/Wallace

Edu Ness McKay/Bedoya

Davis

Lafferty Jelavic

Davis is more effective when playing further forward. The past few games he has been playing deeper and deeper and he struggles to influence games. Get him further forward creating chances.

I don’t think that he has the intelligence and ability to play there.

His game is all about pace, getting the ball behind the defender, letting him run on to it of the defender and whipping in crosses. If the ball is knocked behind for him on his right foot he either hads to check back, or the balls hitting the stand.

i would like to see it. He basically won us both games when Naismith was out by changing wings during the second half vs Hibs & Killie. He is too predictable going down the left, maybe down the right it will force him to use his right foot more.

Could be good as it won't affect his pace but will strengthen his weaker foot, all part of the developing process he could become a more skillful, unpredictable and overall better player.

If this is true I would like mckay on the left to fill in the creativity of Naismith though on the opposite side opposed to papac who is a DEFENDER. Yes it worked but we didn't play well enough to keep it as the norm. Ortiz I think showed against Liverpool he can be a decent player and Is also not a bad option. Plus in January we may sign Templeton, a player we need and have missed since Weiss(could get him also).

Edu - Davis - Jig - Papac will be the midfield for most of the season IMO.

I hope to fuck you are wrong because that midfield is far too defensive. Are we really going to play out the season with seven defenders on the park. Davis can't do everything!

This team is one I'd like to see:

:mcgregor:

:mcmillan: :Goian::Bocanegra: :papac:

:davis: :3070edu: :McKay: :wylde:

:lafferty: :jelavic: