Sensible Soccer

OlegKuznetsov

Never really got the hype behind it, ok it was the first popular game where you could buy and sell players but the gameplay was horrendously bad, cou'ld lace the boots of super soccer that was out at the same time on the snes.

My favourite game as a kid. We used to have tournaments with cash prizes, sometimes up to 100 quid could be won! The game play was amazing with SWOS pushing the boundaries and adding injuries etc. You could not beat the old punts from the half way line which you could after touch into the goals!

This pissed all over the Kick off series which was out at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

SWOS was amazing on the Amiga and PC but utter gash when they brought it out on consoles.

They changed the control element of it so that the ball stuck to your feet which ruined the game.

Does anyone remember Emlyn Hughes Football on the Spectrum? That was the first football game I loved. :pipe:

the amiga version was by far the best.

i can still play it on my pc using amiga emulation software, even have the old style joystick to play it with (tu)

the thing you could do with the ball after gitting it were great, the swerves and dip etc :-) possible to score from almost the half way line if you get it right :-) just flies in and the keeper doesny even move (tu)

i have read on a few sites while trying to get it that it is possible to play it online against people with the software but seems a lot of fucking aboot.

spent many a night bored doing the old european cup or euro super league :lol: and cup winners cup of course :lol:

one of the greatest all time games imo

SWOS was amazing on the Amiga and PC but utter gash when they brought it out on consoles.

They changed the control element of it so that the ball stuck to your feet which ruined the game.

Does anyone remember Emlyn Hughes Football on the Spectrum? That was the first football game I loved. :pipe:

we had Emlyn Hughes on the C64.

we hired the Megadrive version of Sensei, it was awful, they added music during gameplay which was pointless, and "Ally McCoist" was called "Elly McCuist".

Got a version of the Amiga SWOS again tonight, hadn't played it in while,

Used to spend hours upon hours going through the career mode,

The version I got allows you to play online but i prefer to just play it the way it was back then :)

lol yeah with the shitty Joysticks!

fantastic game we used to all play it after going out clubbing, great laugh doing all nighters, and the swerve and diving headers great some of us managed 2 score from the kick off u were gutted if u conceded that early, back then the gameplay was great.