Hamdi Salihi - The guy we all want Ally to buy...

DamienM855

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it this guys as good as Messi?

You'd think that with the way folk are going on about him.

Yeah I noticed that too, never realised so many people watch the Austrian Bundesliga every week. If he does go to the tims it'll spark mass suicide on here by the sounds of it.

Is he actually any good? Good goal scoring record but so did that polish guy Celtic signed and he was one of the worst players I have seen. Is he just another Boyd who does nothing then pops up with a goal? Surely worth having a look at 500k anyway. If jelavic is here he would come here before he would go to the scum I would have thought.

I can't believe this guy is available for £500k and could possibly move to Celtic. He's a great player and at 27 is someone we should be looking at. Who better to replace or partner Jelavic than his old teammate from Rapid. IMO Salihi and Hooper would be a very good strike force as Celtic would finally have the target man they've been looking for next to an already prolific poacher. Gutted that we're not even being mentioned in relation to this transfer.

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at, cheap and has quality, he would be the ideal replacement for Jelavic . I hope we're scouting Austria,Belgium and Scandinavia because there is some great players in those countries.

you would think that WE would have also been scouting this chap given we heavily scouted jelavic prior to signing...

You would also hope that for the price and potential goal return, that we would seriously consider going for him

You would also hoope that Jela would have a quiet word to him to let him know that he can come here, win things, keep playing in europe, and more importantly put himself firmly in the eyye of premiership clubs and english media...

But sadly, i just dont think it will happen

I've slated people for building him up and getting on the bandwagon, but if he's open to moving to the SPL & he is avaialble for half a million then we should be all over this.

This.

Players get either hyped too much or slaughtered on this but at that price we should be after him.

RANGERS and Celtic could go head-to-head in the battle to land £500,000-rated Rapid Vienna striker Hamdi Salihi.

Celtic have lodged their interest in the Albanian striker in recent weeks but Express Sport can reveal that he has been on Ally McCoist’s wanted list since the last transfer window.

The SPL champions tried to broker a deal back in August but they didn’t have the funds available to seal the deal that would have teamed Salihi up with Nikica Jelavic again.

McCoist is now set to renew his interest with Stevie Naismith out for the season, Steven Whittaker missing for two months, Kyle Lafferty ko-ed until next month and the future of Jelavic still very much up in the air.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has already confirmed his interest and has the money available to do a deal just now although the Light Blues would need to sell before they could buy.

Salihi, who is also aware of Rangers interest, said: "Celtic is a club with a big name that might be a good step for my career. “I know but still nothing concrete.

“It would definitely fit all conditions, even for Rapid."

Rapid sports manager Stefan Ebner has insisted that neither of the Old Firm have been in contact saying : "We have not even heard anything from Celtic for me it's so far so just a rumour."

Meanwhile, Rangers boss McCoist is also an admirer of Real Valladolid striker Javi Guerra – although that deal is likely to be too rich for the SPL champions.

Guerra was recommended by former Ibrox star Maurice Johnston although McCoist is unlikely to be able to match Valladolid’s £2 million asking price and then the player’s personal terms on top of that as well.

St Johnstone striker Francisco Sandaza also remains on the list and a pre-contract looks the most likely outcome for that move.

That has upset Saints boss Steve Lomas, although the move has been held up by who is actually representing the player.

Former Dundee United star Sandaza expects to sign his pre-contract agreement at Murray Park this week.